Playoff rankings

MWil23

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

IF Bama didn’t complete the 4th and forever

IF the refs give OSU the INT vs Michigan on McCarthy’s first half TD.

IF has an unlimited staircase of opportunities

FSU finished 13-0. FACT

FSU held Jaylen Daniels to 1 pass TD (completed in the 4th quarter - final drive down 45-17). FACT

FSU beat 3 ranked opponents (LSU, Duke, Louisville). FACT

Louisville was a really good team on offense statistically this year. Held to under 10 pts by FSU. FACT

FSU covered the spread in their two games without its starting QB. FACT

FSU's not one of the top 4 teams in the country without Travis. It's that simple. I'm glad the Committee did the right thing.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't know what will come of the Orange Bowl. It seems this it's most likely going to be a no-win situation for FSU. If they lose, then it validates leaving them out. If they win, I think most people will excuse it as UGA not being motivated.

Just like when Alabama lost to Utah in the Sugar Bowl.

I'll make no excuses. That's a promise. If FSU beats UGA, I'll admit I was wrong. 

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Let’s revisit when Alabama does best them by double digits.

Same Alabama team who was in 3-3 lock vs USF.

Same Alabama who beat Arkansas by 3 at home.

Same Alabama who needed a miracle to beat 6-6 Auburn in November.

So now we're jumping from Alabama doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs to Alabama is going to beat the top ranked team by double digits.

Embarrassing. You're arguing against yourself. You've revealed you believe Alabama is a top team - stop the drama.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't know what will come of the Orange Bowl. It seems this it's most likely going to be a no-win situation for FSU. If they lose, then it validates leaving them out. If they win, I think most people will excuse it as UGA not being motivated.

Just like when Alabama lost to Utah in the Sugar Bowl.

It’s such a skewed consolation prize. Personally, I’d like Verse and Keon to not play and prep for the draft. I’d be shocked if they don’t play however, and the same applies for every other draft eligible player.

Just now, Duluther said:

So now we're jumping from Alabama doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs to Alabama is going to beat the top ranked team by double digits.

Embarrassing. You're arguing against yourself. You've revealed you believe Alabama is a top team - stop the drama.

I never said Bama wasn’t a good team?

They probably deserve to get in. I’m not going to ignore the implications of beating UGA.

It’s a tough situation either way you slice it.

But FSU should be in. 

Just now, Duluther said:

I never said this. No one ever said this.

4 minutes ago, Duluther said:

In any event, FSU deserved the opportunity to get a shot. I can saying I’m not certain they could beat 2 of the 4 best teams in the country, but they absolutely deserved an opportunity.

And with that defense, they were not getting blown out. I can say that with certainty.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

In any event, FSU deserved the opportunity to get a shot. I can saying I’m not certain they could beat 2 of the 4 best teams in the country, but they absolutely deserved an opportunity.

And with that defense, they were not getting blown out. I can say that with certainty.

That quote of me is saying the opposite of what you're insinuating it says.

You probably also consider the Giants the champions of the 2007 season and not the Patriots. lmao

5 hours ago, lancerman said:

Yeah it's just unfortunate. We either get a team get screwed because of an injury despite doing all the right things or we have to watch a team that probably doesn't have a chance over one that does. 

The truth is, as long as a committee decides, this will never be perfect. I don't even know if expanding the playoffs helps. There will always be an argument for the next team left out. Back in the day when they just picked the two best teams, the 4 team playoff was viewed as a huge win because nobody ever was arguing the 5th or 6th ranked team should be in the title game. 4 was meant to cover it all. But now it just lowered the threshold.

So i made a thread about this being a bad year for playoff expansion, in reality I should’ve said a bad year for 12. To me if you arent obviously a Top-12 team then you have no room to complain. You likely have 1 loss and a cupcake schedule so suck it up. Like there isnt a team outside the Top-8 that deserves anything imo

5 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Except one happened yesterday in a conference championship game and one happened 3 months ago lol.

i don’t think you can ignore H2H but the two aren’t related IMO 

Why is timing relevant? It was for the BCS but thought that was a bit weird. But i guess its similar to the FSU argument, doesnt mean how good you were then, what matters is how good you are now

2 minutes ago, Duluther said:

That quote of me is saying the opposite of what you're insinuating it says.

You probably also consider the Giants the champions of the 2007 season and not the Patriots. lmao

I don’t know you, but good talking buddy.

Wish you the best.

5 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

People need to be real here. If you're one of the best teams, unless you're going against one of the other three, you should be favored in the game, right? At worst, a TD underdog. Can we agree there?

If we do (and it seems very reasonable to suggest that), would FSU, right now, be favored against UGA? Bama? OSU? Oregon?

They would be at least 9.5 pt underdogs to all

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

FSU was ranked #4 coming in and won. Don't care what the odds makers think. FSU, won a power 5 conference and is unbeaten. They have the best strength of schedule of any of the teams being discussed. Their resume is far better than Alabama's. 

They get left out they are getting screwed and should sue. Not only that they should make up National Championship banners and hang them in the stadium. 

The bolded is the part i dont understand. If the committee had them at 4 and they won, seems so weird to me that they fall out. If anything Texas and Bama shouldve been ahead because it wouldve been a “control their own destiny” scenario