Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

20 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Belichick is 71 and doesn’t seem like he cares anymore. Plus his staff sucks and he’s a horrible GM. I rather get someone still hungry and a competent GM.

But it’s pointless since Harbaugh is still my first choice followed by Todd Monken.

You’ll take Belichick and you’ll like it! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think I believe this is more plausible than lots of Commandos fans. I also think I’m more in favor of it than most Commandos fans. We all want the hotshot wunderkind to be the next coach, but…lots of wunderkinds turn into wonderwhys. The GOAT coach has to be an appealing possibility.

If that is in the cards, Bill needs to coach the game of his life tomorrow and destroy Trevor Siemian.

It’s Keim, so take it to the bank:

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

The team has a star QB and a franchise LT. After that, the roster is aging and really depleted of talent. Plus we’re over the cap this year so don’t expect any real FA signing. But that can be fixed if Harbaugh and the new GM nail the draft this year.

Having a star QB, a good OL, some pass rushers, and three very good DB’s is quite a bit for a team looking for a HC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

You’ll take Belichick and you’ll like it! 

That's right. Because GB is going to smoke Eberflus and the Bears and then Flubby gets shown the door. Harbaugh gets to pick the top pick when he comes to Chicago.

Won't work out that well but dammit it would be awesome.

On 1/5/2024 at 6:40 PM, N4L said:

Can you please elaborate on this? 

What he does schematically passing wise makes no sense. Runs a lot of super simple routes. But his run game is super different just to be different. Not effective either. There’s way too much to post here. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

That's right. Because GB is going to smoke Eberflus and the Bears and then Flubby gets shown the door. Harbaugh gets to pick the top pick when he comes to Chicago.

Won't work out that well but dammit it would be awesome.

Harbaugh to Chicago with JJ McCarthy at #1 overall is a lock.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Having a star QB, a good OL, some pass rushers, and three very good DB’s is quite a bit for a team looking for a HC. 

Fans used to overrate the Chargers roster, but now I think the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction. They have some cap issues (they are going to have cut Mike and will have to make a decision between Bosa and Mack), but if the QB is healthy and they can get a competent coach in there then winning 8-9 games next year isn't farfetched. 

15 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

The only consistent OL person is Slater. Everyone else regressed. Bosa is always injured and might be cut for salary cap purposes while Mack is 32. Tuli is a nice young piece though. Our three very good DBs all regressed horribly this year. One of them is probably gone. Maybe coaching will help the other two (Derwin and ASJ).

35 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Fans used to overrate the Chargers roster, but now I think the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction. They have some cap issues (they are going to have cut Mike and will have to make a decision between Bosa and Mack), but if the QB is healthy and they can get a competent coach in there then winning 8-9 games next year isn't farfetched. 

I think it’s possible to replenish the talent level and compete like the Rams did this past season. But it’ll have to be through the draft. Hopefully we nail the GM hire along with the HC hire. Right now it’s Raven West with Joe Hortiz/Jim Harbaugh. Two other JH to work with our current JH (Justin Herbert).

16 hours ago, game3525 said:

What? The Patriots are still fielding a top 10 defense and that team hasn't quit. By all reports, Belichick is as locked in as he always been. I said it last week, if they had just league average QB play they would be a playoff team. 

Maybe this is all smoke screen but it doesn’t sound like they’re interested.

The Commanders are not likely to pursue Belichick if they move on from head coach Ron Rivera, and the Chargers and Raiders are considered less likely options. The Panthers, however, had some interest during their head-coaching search when they eventually hired Frank Reich, sources say, and they might inquire again. 

Edited by Xenos