Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Honestly we would be happy with either of them.  Most of us prefer Harbaugh ofcourse but getting BB if he brings in McDaniels as OC with him isn't a bad thing at all. The falcons can and have done much much worse over the years than that lol.

I think it’s because the collective Charger fandom would revolt if we don’t get Harbaugh somehow. Only exception is probably if he decides to stay at Michigan.

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Honestly we would be happy with either of them.  Most of us prefer Harbaugh ofcourse but getting BB if he brings in McDaniels as OC with him isn't a bad thing at all. The falcons can and have done much much worse over the years than that lol.

When McD crashed and burned with my Broncos the line was “he was a good coach but they gave him too much control and his job as GM was really his undoing” that was not at all accurate in any respect but it became the narrative. 

Then he goes and falls on his face with the Raiders and it’s “well he’s a bad HC but he’s a great OC.” 

When are people going to realize he just rode Tom Brady’s and BB’s coattails to three HC jobs and a dozen or so interviews. He’s not going to succeed in ATL even if  BB is holding his leash. Accept the fact he is a bad a football coach and an even worse human being. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

I don't think Ben Johnson would go to Carolina. They're going to have to go with a stop-gap until they get some things figured out over the next 2 years.

I bet that will be the very last job to be filled. Nobody is going to feel great about signing up for that gig, Tepper is a big problem

• Like 1

As a Packer fan I’m just hoping Vrabel is the odd man out in the musical chairs for the most desirable gigs, gets back with LaFluer as a top notch DC and uses the SB victory as a springboard to whatever young team he wants. Of course, in this scenario he also brings up a protégé to take over once he gets back to HC. 

15 minutes ago, Refugee said:

As a Packer fan I’m just hoping Vrabel is the odd man out in the musical chairs for the most desirable gigs, gets back with LaFluer as a top notch DC and uses the SB victory as a springboard to whatever young team he wants. Of course, in this scenario he also brings up a protégé to take over once he gets back to HC. 

Nah fam he can come to Atlanta as DC / Asistant HC with the guarantee that once BB is ready to step down Vrabel takes over as HC and keeps on going with his own ready built team he helped build :D

13 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Nah fam he can come to Atlanta as DC / Asistant HC with the guarantee that once BB is ready to step down Vrabel takes over as HC and keeps on going with his own ready built team he helped build :D

I don’t know if he’ll want to stay in the old man’s shadow, especially if they interview him for HC and pass. The ATL job is probably the domino that has to fall before the other less desirable spots get filled so I do hope you all get that tied up quickly. 

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I don’t know if he’ll want to stay in the old man’s shadow, especially if they interview him for HC and pass. The ATL job is probably the domino that has to fall before the other less desirable spots get filled so I do hope you all get that tied up quickly. 

Why would he want to stay under a Young man's shadow in GB as a DC instead?

Vrabel just has to decide whether he wants to take the year off of be a HC.  

I don't see him being anyone's DC ever again but Belicheck.  Definitely not in 2024.

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

All 17 of you? 

There's that many Charger fans?

The Browns fired their OC Alex Van Pelt on Wednesday, and I just found out about it. That's sort of a surprising decision.

Sean Desai got canned as Eagles DC, but he was really fired during the late part of the season. So that's no surprise at all.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

I don't see him being anyone's DC ever again but Belicheck. 

I’m not basing any of this off reality, maybe he and LaFluer soured on eachother for all I know. I’m just putting it out to the universe and the truth is none of us know how it will land but things will become clear soon enough. I don’t think he would be in another younger coach’s shadow like he would BB. Come in and transform and underachieving defense into a top notch unit  as he sets himself up for being a top candidate in the next coaching cycle isn’t how it likely will happen, but not impossible. 

47 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I don't see him being anyone's DC ever again but Belicheck.  Definitely not in 2024.

The only reason i brought it up is because BB prob. has 2 years maybe 3 max before he is done i feel.  He is chasing Shulas record and that might be it for him.  Vrabel very well could take over the HC job within 2 to 3 years here lol.

52 minutes ago, Refugee said:

You going to have to wait atleast til middle of this week then or later.  Harbaugh's next interview with us is Wednesday and i don't see us doing anything before that at the soonest.

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

When are people going to realize he just rode Tom Brady’s and BB’s coattails to three HC jobs and a dozen or so interviews. He’s not going to succeed in ATL even if  BB is holding his leash. Accept the fact he is a bad a football coach and an even worse human being. 

What about when he fielded a top 10ish offense with Mac Jones, Jakobi Meyers, and Kendrick Bourne?

McDaniels isn’t an offensive genius, but he’s good if you have players that fit his system.

4 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

You going to have to wait atleast til middle of this week then or later.  Harbaugh's next interview with us is Wednesday and i don't see us doing anything before that at the soonest.

A few days is not a problem, we’re barely going to be done with exit interviews by then and we could also just let everyone down and retain our DC. I am interested to see how the coaching carousel ends up, though and I think you guys and maybe LAC  can make the most attractive landing spots.