Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Re: WAS I think there’s one factor that’s getting underrated - owner willingness to spend outside the cap.   DEN still has a lot of work left to do but one of the big draws for Sean Payton had to be the Wal-Mart group willingness to spend $.    

-New workout facilities 

-Brand new turf 2x in past 2 years 

-paying the $ not just for Payton but any guy he wants on his staff.   NO just lost their assistant college scouting director Cody Rager to Paton / Payton.   The $ likely sealed the deal.     

-Willingness to pay big bonus money that is required to hand in escrow.   

For WAS the Josh Harris group definitely fits that bill.    Add in the 1.2 pick, GM Adam Peters coming in and a ton of cap space, IMO WAS is pretty desirable.    As long as you think the FO is decent (and Peters imo was a great hire),  those things matter a lot more 3-4 years down the road, which for complete rebuilders is the real target timeframe.  

That is a good point that alot of fans fail to consider....the big guarantees go into escrow which has to be something that some owners must consider more than others.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

What are the local beats saying about BJ and Seattle last night? Was he able to leave?

Yes from what I've read Schneider (Seattle's GM) left for Baltimore last evening, and he's interviewing MacDonald this morning. Sure doesn't seem like he signed anything. 
That probably means something good for the Commanders if I had to guess 

Edited by MagicMT

Johnson is going to be HC of the Washington Commanders. I think it’s inevitable. 

I think the race for Seattle HC is much more wide open and intriguing. Schneider is very aware of the challenge of losing talented OCs with a defensive-minded HC. A risky, but potentially better move long-term would be to hire Slowik over Macdonald and Quinn for that reason. But probably not as good of a move short-term, and that may heavily influence his decision here. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Xenos said:

@diamondbull424 @Ray Reed

Any additional thoughts on Hortiz ie. strength, weaknesses etc? I know it’s DeCosta’s show but I’m curious why there was never an official Asst GM in Baltimore. Does that mean Hortiz has a lot of blind spots?

He's great. Really good at finding smaller school guys. He used to do video conference calls with the media breaking down film from prospects the Ravens drafted, I'm sure you can find some of those online if you're interested (I imagine you would be).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Johnson is going to be HC of the Washington Commanders. I think it’s inevitable. 

I think the race for Seattle HC is much more wide open and intriguing. Schneider is very aware of the challenge of losing talented OCs with a defensive-minded HC. A risky, but potentially better move long-term would be to hire Slowik over Macdonald and Quinn for that reason. But probably not as good of a move short-term, and that may heavily influence his decision here. 

• Like 1