Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Calls plays. Got the most out of a maligned QB. Is creative in both the passing and run game. Is clearly beloved in Detroit. This is spin lol. The guy wanted to stay where he is to see if they can go further. He was clearly Washington’s guy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Calls plays. Got the most out of a maligned QB. Is creative in both the passing and run game. Is clearly beloved in Detroit. This is spin lol. The guy wanted to stay where he is to see if they can go further. He was clearly Washington’s guy. 

Or...

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Or...

I don’t think Josh Harris & co would blink at paying it.   It doesn’t count to the cap and the teams are accruing so much value for a rich group it’s peanuts.  

The timing of saying it after the NFCG really screams he thought they’d make it to the SB.   Let’s face it he can pretty much name his price and location.   It was only that DET lost that it comes out now.   If it was just about $ it would have been a problem sooner.  

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, adamq said:

LOL... Shanahan's extention was 10M/year. Good luck getting 15, Ben 

I would say it’s not just possible but likely he gets it next year.    None of the $ counts to the cap and given the orgs are only gaining value it’s nothing to these groups.   

Teams like DAL that kept guys on the hot seat must be doing a little jig.   He’s going to be the top guy next offseason.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I don’t think Josh Harris & co would blink at paying it.   It doesn’t count to the cap and the teams are accruing so much value for a rich group it’s peanuts.  

The timing of saying it after the NFCG really screams he thought they’d make it to the SB.   Let’s face it he can pretty much name his price and location.   It was only that DET lost that it comes out now.   If it was just about $ it would have been a problem sooner.  

Why not give him $30mm per year then?  There has to be some sort of upper limit... you also don't want to piss off the other owners by massively resetting the pay scale for a first time head coach with very limited experience.

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

I trust Schefter over an agent when it comes to trying to spin a story for their client.

Ye Schefter would NEVER spin a story....... Come on man. I get we are in cope mode at this point, but this was clearly Washington's guy. I mean you were saying it literally an hour ago lol.

• Like 2

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ye Schefter would NEVER spin a story....... Come on man. I get we are in cope mode at this point, but this was clearly Washington's guy. I mean you were saying it literally an hour ago lol.

I didn't say that.  I said I would trust Schefter over an agent.  You tell me who has more to lose.

And I'm fine either way.  I predicted Johnson but have stated elsewhere I'd be happy with Macdonald or Slowik as well.

I'll only be truly annoyed if we hire Quinn.

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Why not give him $30mm per year then?  There has to be some sort of upper limit... you also don't want to piss off the other owners by massively resetting the pay scale for a first time head coach with very limited experience.

Let me put it this way - I expect Johnson will get whatever $ he asks for next year.    I mean this demand was published 10 days ago.    I don’t see it as a problem today.    If it was he wouldn’t have made it to this point.  

Let’s not forget Johnson pulled out last year when there was significant interest.   I know it’s not what 90+ percent of ppl would do but he might be that outlier.  And with his record of success the idea a better opp may not be there or he might struggle and face a worse market problem isn’t in his stratosphere of thinking.   

• Like 2