Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Salary cap is too high for a guy always injured. He’s the best cut candidate right now unless he agrees to a big paycut.

People of Earth -- Xenos has spoken! 😉

Commanders hire Cowboys DB coach Joe Whitt as DC. With Quinn and Whitt, Washington will no doubt continue to use three starting safeties like they did last season.

Edited by Mr.UFO

So what the hell happened with Kris Richards? He was a guy I had as a DC hopeful before Eberflus got the HC gig and he has just been a ghost the last several years. He was always a really good defensive coach I thought.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

So what the hell happened with Kris Richards? He was a guy I had as a DC hopeful before Eberflus got the HC gig and he has just been a ghost the last several years. He was always a really good defensive coach I thought.

it’s the pentagons doing

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Hell, he was a guy (and I think @e16bballwas with me on this) that I wanted the Commanders to interview for the HC job in 2020.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Hell, he was a guy (and I think @e16bballwas with me on this) that I wanted the Commanders to interview for the HC job in 2020.

This is why I think Johnson should’ve taken a job this cycle.  Your name doesn’t stay out there forever.  Plenty of guys on both sides of the ball who went from top coaching candidates, to out of coaching or far down the ladder.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

He is a DB Coach in New Orleans last I heard.  He was an assistant coach in Dallas for a bit as well

• Like 1

The lengths national guys are taking to not say the word OC as confirmed with Greg Roman & Chargers leads me to believe he's coming in as an assistant & Run game coordinator.   Which would be a good role for him, just don't let him anywhere near play-calling or any pass game design.

The weird thing is that there's literally been no actual talk of OC outside of 1 interview with Marcus Brady, who they then signed as pass game coordinator.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I like it. I think any coach that comes from a "coaching family" needs to sever ties at some point and make a name for themselves. The only way people won't make excuses or accuse them of riding coattails is to prove they can do it alone.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 2