Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Guess if yelling and screaming at grown men doesn't work, might as well try 18-20 yr olds.

Speaks volumes really that not one coaching staff from the 8-10 that were hired, wanted EB as OC or assistant, sorry.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Seems like an even weirder fit than Wilks, no? If Kyle oversaw Wilks to make sure he runs the defense that the 49ers have been winning with, then what’s he going to do with Staley, who runs an even more dissimilar scheme?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Soko said:

Seems like an even weirder fit than Wilks, no? If Kyle oversaw Wilks to make sure he runs the defense that the 49ers have been winning with, then what’s he going to do with Staley, who runs an even more dissimilar scheme?

He's just one of the interviews. They haven't even completed them all. They don't interview Bullocks until later this week. They also interviewed Sorenson last week

I'm skeptical it'll be Staley for the exact reason you're saying. Going to require a sizeable shift in personnel.  Shanny said he's open to a scheme shift this time but prefers the Pete Carroll defense, but I just don't know why you do that at the tail end of your window and potentially cost yourself a year while the team adjusts. Nick Bosa has flat out said he prefers to be a hand down pass rusher and doesn't want to stand up. 

The thing that may point towards Staley is that Shanny may think he needs a "name" because of the way the Wilks thing went down and how Wilks wasn't a disaster. 

But I've hitched my wagon to thinking it'll be a first time DC guy since Wilks was fired. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

mcvay did it. now he needs the inside to the fangio defense too.
mcvay is not going to the combine. and what a surprise kyle and lafleuer copying him again.

Shanahan hasn't gone to the combine in like 3 years. Mcvay was definitely the trend setter, but this isn't new for shanny any more

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

@Forge

Not following the search. Curious who you Top 3 are hoping for? 

I don't really have a top 3. I've thought it was going to be a first time DC since Wilks was fired. I think Shanny would prefer to have someone who doesn't have their own tendencies in the position and can groom to call a defense the way he wants. 

If it's going to be a first time DC, they are all kind of the same. I have no idea who would be good / bad. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I don't really have a top 3. I've thought it was going to be a first time DC since Wilks was fired. I think Shanny would prefer to have someone who doesn't have their own tendencies in the position and can groom to call a defense the way he wants. 

If it's going to be a first time DC, they are all kind of the same. I have no idea who would be good / bad. 

So that said, anyone is better then Willks in your opinion?

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So that said, anyone is better then Willks in your opinion?

Better? I dunno. 

Doesn't matter. 

Shanny didn't trust wilks and didn't agree with what he was doing.  He had to go. Results will be what they are.