Joe Barry HAS Been Fired, Who Do You Want Next?

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

How do we know MLF didn't have a bigger hand in the regular season?

Because late season MLF mentioned that he needed to become more involved in the defensive side of things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Then why do our linebackers continue to underperform? 

Do they? I think Walker is quite good. Campbell has lost at least a step. McDuffie is a late 6th round pick. I think they need more talent there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

And the Minnesota,  Chicago,  Dallas and SF games you are praising.

Yeah, when he realized his input didn't help and gave Barry back the reigns.

Just as likely as the possibility you're suggesting. 

That's the point.

Neither of us have any clue. It's totally unknowable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Do they? I think Walker is quite good. Campbell has lost at least a step. McDuffie is a late 6th round pick. I think they need more talent there.

Hello Edgerrin Cooper .. goodbye Campbell.  Quay is not very good .. lack of instincts was the knock coming in and it still holds true.  I like his athletic skills, but the brain ain't there.  McDuffie a good football player, but physically limited.  Add a guy like Cooper and this is a strong unit.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This doesn't make any sense.

I'm aware of the draft capital we've spent there. What's the point?

You're talking in circles with no real insight.

Sometimes I can’t tell if you’re being blatantly obtuse or you’re just dumb.

With the current roster, better defensive coordinators could take our defense from okay, occasionally surprising to elite, good enough to win a Super Bowl.

Joe Barry might have gotten good performances out of this roster. A better defensive coordinator would have turned this roster into a top 5 defense.

How are you incapable of understanding that concept?

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I can always tell with you

And I always respond to points that I have no response to with a, “Good point, I have no excuse for that,” while you always just don’t respond.

Most draft capital, third most money in the NFL and average results.

You’re so busy defending Joe Barry you can’t take literally a second to come to the natural conclusion that our defensive coordinator could do a lot better.

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

And I always respond to points that I have no response to with a, “Good point, I have no excuse for that,” while you always just don’t respond

Lol I've done that several times already today.

Not a coincidence it wasn't in response to any of yours today though 

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

You’re so busy defending Joe Barry you can’t take literally a second to come to the natural conclusion that our defensive coordinator could do a lot better.

Actually, I've literally said "it's an upgradeable spot" at least 3 times just today.

You just can't understand anything except extremism 

28 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Because late season MLF mentioned that he needed to become more involved in the defensive side of things.

You'd think think that having to get involved at all would be enough for LaFleur to want to hire a seriously proven commodity.  LaFleur seems to really want this style of defense, but maybe he'll look around a bit and see that a lot of other DC's are doing better things.  This style of defense has kind of fell out of favor around the league.  Hopefully he's paying attention.

36 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't see why he couldn't be kept in some capacity other than DC if LaFleur thinks he's a valuable asset to the team.

Exactly.  He doesn't like firing people.  He tried to find a spot in the organization for former ST coaching disaster Drayton.  After his choice, Drayton wanted to go and find something else.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he kept Barry or did something like that with him.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Exactly.  He doesn't like firing people.  He tried to find a spot in the organization for former ST coaching disaster Drayton.  Drayton wanted to go and find something else.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he kept Barry or did something like that with him.

So long as the organization's resources aren't constrained that they cant attract (read: pay) a top notch replacement.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Exactly.  He doesn't like firing people.  He tried to find a spot in the organization for former ST coaching disaster Drayton.  Drayton wanted to go and find something else.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he kept Barry or did something like that with him.

He doesn't have to fire Barry though. His contract is up