GDT: Dak Prescott vs. Jalen Hurts round 2 FIGHT!

DaBoys

3 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

this final sequence was the most painful sequence I’ve had as a fan in a very long time! 

https://x.com/1053ss/status/1721329283820376233?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

Dallas had 1st & 5 on their 6 with 27 left:
False start (BS)
Own 11-Dak sacked. Some are blaming his awareness but I'm blaming Steele
Delay of game 
3rd & 27 -Lamb catch, game over 

They went 21 yards backwards in 22 seconds after being at the 5 yard line

And look, I gave up in the 3rd quarter when I saw the BS holding penalty that killed our 1st drive plus the 4 penalties that gifted Philly TD.

With that aside, How many times are we going to watch Prescott implode in a big game with the game on the line?

SF 2 times in the post season, then again this year, to be fair he never had us in that game, and again tonight.

Did the refs *** us? Without question. But game is on the line. 1st and goal from the 5, and we got to read about how San "came up short" again in a big situation. Face it, he has skill, he just doesn't have poise. It's been his downfall his entire career. 

He cannot win under pressure, period.

Not against good teams.

So for all of you Dak stat lovers, keep a scrapbook of all his stats so 30 years from now when we still haven't won a frickin championship, you can reminisce about how great Daks stats were.

Me, I want one more SB before I die, and Dakota Prescott is NOT the guy to get it.

4 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

And look, I gave up in the 3rd quarter when I saw the BS holding penalty that killed our 1st drive plus the 4 penalties that gifted Philly TD.

With that aside, How many times are we going to watch Prescott implode in a big game with the game on the line?

SF 2 times in the post season, then again this year, to be fair he never had us in that game, and again tonight.

Did the refs *** us? Without question. But game is on the line. 1st and goal from the 5, and we got to read about how San "came up short" again in a big situation. Face it, he has skill, he just doesn't have poise. It's been his downfall his entire career. 

Not against good teams.

So for all of you Dak stat lovers, keep a scrapbook of all his stats so 30 years from now when we still haven't won a frickin championship, you can reminisce about how great Daks stats were.

Me, I want one more SB before I die, and Dakota Prescott is NOT the guy to get it.

Lay off the crack dude!!  I’m not much of a Dak fan, but he was not the reason we lost! Open your eyes jackwagon!! 

9 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Not against good teams.

I don't know man, Dak has certainly deserved criticism over the last couple of years but I don't think he was the problem tonight. Sure, hindsight being what it is maybe there's nitpicking to be had. But the BS false start and Steele sucking is something that has nothing to do with Dak. Should he have thrown it to Fergy instead of Tolbert on the second to last drive, sure, but we still had a chances after that. Every QB will miss a read or open guy sometimes. Did he screw up on the TD to Schoon when the guy was being tackled before the ball got there.

We're all frustrated, but Dak wasn't the problem tonight.

Edited by HDsportsfan

1 minute ago, Rtnldave said:

What do you believe was the reason we lost jackhole?

Steele, a few questionable calls, the D in the 3rd Quarter, plenty of blame on the list before we get to Dak. At least in this game. No picks, not even close actually. 3 TD's, 29 for 40 I think and 374 yards??? 

2 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Steele, a few questionable calls, the D in the 3rd Quarter, plenty of blame on the list before we get to Dak. At least in this game. No picks, not even close actually. 3 TD's, 29 for 40 I think and 374 yards??? 

Again great stats, I'm happy for him. But AGAIN. we come away with the loss!

1st and goal from the 5. I get the BS, false start, I'll give you that. But a "clutch" QB gets that frickin ball in the endzone!

I blame the refs more than anything, but I cannot believe in this guy anymore. I can't explain it better than that.

He has had multiple chances to lead this team to victories in huge games and for one reason or another, we lose. 

Romo, Danny White, all the same story. Just couldn't seem to pull it out in the end.

2 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Oh perhaps the tackle on Schoonmaker before the pass arrived that would have been a TD, that should have been PI at the 1. 

Perhaps if Gilmore’s ghost PI on Brown didn’t give them a free 17 yards on a 2nd and 5 that led to an Eagles TD 3 plays later

Gallups 3rd and 3 at Philly 33 drop that hit him right in the numbers that would have been a 1st down that led to a FG instead of extending the drive.

Just to name a few plays. But go ahead and keep blaming Dak 

9 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Oh perhaps the tackle on Schoonmaker before the pass arrived that would have been a TD, that should have been PI at the 1. 

Perhaps if Gilmore’s ghost PI on Brown didn’t give them a free 17 yards on a 2nd and 5 that led to an Eagles TD 3 plays later

Gallups 3rd and 3 at Philly 33 drop that hit him right in the numbers that would have been a 1st down that led to a FG instead of extending the drive.

Just to name a few plays. But go ahead and keep blaming Dak 

All noted. But I will leave the conversation here, when this team, led by this QB, wins a big game against a championship caliber team, let me know.

https://x.com/nextgenstats/status/1721358692917076135?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

Cowboys LG Tyler Smith allowed just 2 pressures over 24 matchups against Jalen Carter, including just 1 pressure over 13 one-on-one matchups.

Smith has allowed a 3.3% pressure rate this season, lowest among left guards (min. 150 pass blocking snaps).

he is so much better at LG than he is at LT. Think they should be looking at a new LT in the draft next year to replace T-Rex and keep Tyler at LG and lock it down. 

• Like 1

Welllll…. I won’t be doing any more GDTs until next year BUT I do want you all to know that I accept no responsibility and I’m blaming everything on you. You did this. I executed a great GDT but I didn’t have the Jimmys and Joes.

@D82 you’re up

Edited by DaBoys

20 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

https://x.com/nextgenstats/status/1721358692917076135?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

Cowboys LG Tyler Smith allowed just 2 pressures over 24 matchups against Jalen Carter, including just 1 pressure over 13 one-on-one matchups.

Smith has allowed a 3.3% pressure rate this season, lowest among left guards (min. 150 pass blocking snaps).

he is so much better at LG than he is at LT. Think they should be looking at a new LT in the draft next year to replace T-Rex and keep Tyler at LG and lock it down. 

Nice thing about Tyler is you can put him at LT or LG and he’s going to do really well. We won’t get a chance at Fashanu or Alt. Hoping Suamataia is there towards end of rd 1 at the moment if LT were to be the target. Patrick Paul is another I’m pretty high on too. 

Edited by WizardHawk

2 hours ago, Northland said:

True.  If you're throwing short of the end zone on the last play you have to try the holy roller ie fumble it forward even though it isn't legal. Easier said than done.  Frustrating.  Where's Dave Casper when you need him?

I actually was thinking hook ladder at that point to some one …..

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Wow! I will give you full marks for sticking by your opinion.

It’s a wonder he is even close to a Dallas fan with all the negativity he likes to attach to the cowboys can’t do this can’t do that ignores the good.  

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Didn’t make the plays when had the chance like failing to recover 1 of 3 fumbles.  Short on two scoring chances by inches.  Ref deciding to call a false start on us at critical point of game after ignoring the same action all game. Terrible coaching decisions through out game the trying to squib kick??  Questionable play call at the end when. On 10 after false start (need a longer developing play should have rolled out Dak a bit or gave Steele help). Coaches I think we’re late getting call in that final drive also I believe.  Defense not really slowing down eagles much all game.