GDT: Dak Prescott vs. Jalen Hurts round 2 FIGHT!

DaBoys

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I hate harping on officiating, but my lord the inconsistency and straight up whiffs are mind numbing. It’s a problem and the powers that be need to quit sweeping it under the rug.

We need to do more than complain.  We need to tune out and turn off the games.  I'm wrestling with it now.  No excuses but it's a six decades long addiction I'm trying to shake.  I enjoy football when it's clean but as you say the inconsistency and the outright misses are maddening.  The sad reality is the officials have decided to determine the outcome of games.  That's sad.

6 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Sorry. Read " Evidence proves Cowboys played 2 opponents."

I don’t watch enough of other games around the league to make any sort of judgement, but Dallas seems come up on the short end of stick more often than not. Whatever the case there’s an easy solution and it needs to be fixed.

On 11/6/2023 at 4:50 PM, Northland said:

We need to do more than complain.  We need to tune out and turn off the games.  I'm wrestling with it now.  No excuses but it's a six decades long addiction I'm trying to shake.  I enjoy football when it's clean but as you say the inconsistency and the outright misses are maddening.  The sad reality is the officials have decided to determine the outcome of games.  That's sad.

North, this is why I lose my ish during these games. They called Dallas for holding on their 1st drive of the 3rd Quarter. It negated a big run, got us behind the sticks, we punt.

Then they called 4 or 5 straight penalties on Dallas. Neutral Zone Infraction, Pass Interference, Holding, at that point I shut it off. I knew there is NO WAY we win this game.

Part of me believes that had we scored in the last 27 seconds, they would have flagged us for something, pushing us back, 10 second run off, we lose anyway.

Look at the loss how you like. There are many ways to see it.

You can take the "Its a game of inches" approach and argue that we lost on 2 plays: the Schoonmaker tackle and the Dak toe out of bounds.

You can say "We choked". Nice and easy.

You can say: "Philly did a masterful job of isolating the weakspot in our line, knowing late in the game they can rotate pass rushers bringing in fresh guys against our tired O lineman in Steele." Which paid huge dividens.

You can say "The NFL wanted Philly to win so they gifted them a TD with all the penalties they called on us in the 3rd quarter." Which did 2 things:

1. It protected Hurts knee from having to have him ball out the rest of the game to win.

2. It played right into their strength of their pass rush and maintaining a lead, with the officials help of course.

I would say a little of all of the above except for one thing not mentioned.

That would be all of the calls NOT made.

I witnessed at least 2 PI calls on Philly not made.

A helmet hit on Dak not called.

Hands to the face which was called but picked up.

Countless holding calls on Parsons.

At least 3 false starts on Lane Johnson that are NEVER called.

So, even though Philly had 8 penalties and Dallas had 8 penalties, its when they were called, ours took away scores, theirs were trivial.

It's more about the ones that werent called.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Edited by Rtnldave

Not sure how one has time to make one throw but not the other. Nobody was running a 9 route. Granted he didn’t have time to make two reads. He had decided pre snap where he was going with it. Just looks like Cooks was the easier throw. 

On 11/7/2023 at 4:39 PM, DaBoys said:

Not sure how one has time to make one throw but not the other. Nobody was running a 9 route. Granted he didn’t have time to make two reads. He had decided pre snap where he was going with it. Just looks like Cooks was the easier throw. 

This was addressed on Dallas.com web site and the me at guess was Cooks wasnt the primary read and thus the quick throw.  It has been suggested that It’s a mistake on critical downs not to have Lamb Cooks or other “experienced” WR not be primary option

i just have to move on and forget that the refs really had a huge effect on the game with so many less then obvious penalty calls. 

Do they really have a turnover problem? I looked at they're about average, with 13 turnovers this season. Most of the other good teams are around the same (Ravens have 12, Seahawks 14, Jags 13, Dolphins 13, Chiefs 17, for reference). Obviously they got really lucky against us with those fumbles bouncing the right away, but I think it's too early to really call it a problem, at least according to the stats. Seems like just a fluke with how many fumbles we saw.

Also, I'm surprised to see us sitting pretty well with only 8 turnovers this year, 5th best in the league. 😎