GDT: Dak Prescott vs. Jalen Hurts round 2 FIGHT!

DaBoys

This is Jalen Hurts 4th year in the league and Daks 8th, but for one reason or another him and Dak seem to take turns actually playing in this rivalry.

This will be just the 2nd time both QB1s start this game. 

LRPVF5GGFFFT7ERFVH67JIFCAA.jpg?auth=4324

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2023/11/01/dallas-cowboys-philadelphia-eagles-predictions-picks-odds-week-9/71330225007/

One of the fiercest rivalries in the NFL will return this Sunday when the Philadelphia Eagles (7-1) host the Dallas Cowboys (5-2).

Dallas wasn't caught looking ahead of their big matchup as they made quick work of the Los Angeles Rams in a 23-point home win. The defense once again flexed its muscle, while Dak Prescott and CeeDee Lamb had big games.

It was a back-an-forth affair for Philadelphia against Washington, but the play of A.J. Brown and a strong fourth quarter propelled the Eagles to a win and the best record in the NFL. But it'll be put to the test against the Cowboys.

Eagles vs. Cowboys odds, moneyline, over/under

The Eagles are favorites to defeat the Cowboys, according to the BetMGM NFL odds. Looking to wager? Check out the best mobile sports betting apps offering NFL betting promos in 2023.

NFL STATS CENTRAL: The latest NFL scores, schedules, odds, stats and more.

• Spread: Eagles (-3)
  • Moneyline: Eagles (-155); Cowboys (+130)
  • Over/under: 46

Lorenzo Reyes: Cowboys 27, Eagles 24

These matchups haven't been close recently — the average margin of victory over the last eight matchups is 16.1 points — so if you if you’re feeling Philadelphia, it might be worth it to consider selling points. Jalen Hurts has been rather careless with the ball and this Dallas defense has been tremendous at forcing turnovers.

Tyler Dragon: Eagles 26, Cowboys 22

This is the game of the week. There’s no love lost between these two NFC East rivals. The Cowboys have been playing excellent football since their nightmare in San Francisco. But the Eagles are currently the best team in the NFC if not all the NFL. Eagles fly in Philly.

Safid Deen: Eagles 27, Cowboys 17 

The Cowboys are 5-2 and have won two in a row, but the Eagles are far from the Rams and Chargers. Keep an eye on Jalen Hurts’ knee injury but Philly should continue its dominance in the NFC in this one. 

Victoria Hernandez: Eagles 28, Cowboys 23

Get your popcorn ready for this one. It’s too bad this game isn’t in primetime because it should be. The Eagles have the best record in the NFL and they’ve fought hard for that title. Dallas rebounded nicely from a loss to the 49ers in Week 5, but Philadelphia’s offensive playcalling and defensive strength keep teams on their toes. And they’re playing at home.

Jordan Mendoza: Eagles 35, Cowboys 34

This game is going to be a horse race. The Cowboys won't want to be embarrassed against another Super Bowl contender, and they are coming off a big win that should have them ready for this. There will be points scored, but Philadelphia is going to be rocking, and the Eagles' offense will continue to click against a great defense in a close win.

vxmhdymdpl5mt6mfk2u4

Trying not to over think this.  Last year I truly believed we would have beat Philly and considered SF our toughest test in the NFL next to KC.   This year I am extremely worried about us over committing to contain AJ Brown and Hurts in the run game allowing Smith to get big plays down field.  If our offense does not turn the ball over and the weather is good 50 deg plus minor winds then we can for sure score points against them. I have zero faith in Dak putting up “good” numbers in bad weather road games.  Penalties might be an issue though see Philly Miami game for example.  I also wish we had a better rushing duo so Pollard would be more of a weapon then he has been this season.    It is a huge worry also that Philly really hasn’t played a “good” game in a long while and been winning by the other team mostly giving the game away  or other factors. I doubt Philly will come into this game thinking we’re going to win with out thinking also we really really need to play good football to win. I also would have loved to know what was in the mind set of our players going into the SF game and hope that serves as a good lesson for this game. 

oh just hate that the schedule again does not favor us.   Much rather have this game be at home based on our records.  Philly is starting a real tough test section.  Our toughest stretch starts after thanksgiving.  If we want to win the division we need to be in first after thanksgiving week. 

Edited by quiller

14 minutes ago, quiller said:

Trying not to over think this.  Last year I truly believed we would have beat Philly and considered SF our toughest test in the NFL next to KC.   This year I am extremely worried about us over committing to contain AJ Brown and Hurts in the run game allowing Smith to get big plays down field.  If our offense does not turn the ball over and the weather is good 50 deg plus minor winds then we can for sure score points against them. I have zero faith in Dak putting up “good” numbers in bad weather road games.  Penalties might be an issue though see Philly Miami game for example.  I also wish we had a better rushing duo so Pollard would be more of a weapon then he has been this season.    It is a huge worry also that Philly really hasn’t played a “good” game in a long while and been winning by the other team mostly giving the game away  or other factors. I doubt Philly will come into this game thinking we’re going to win with out thinking also we really really need to play good football to win. I also would have loved to know what was in the mind set of our players going into the SF game and hope that serves as a good lesson for this game. 

oh just hate that the schedule again does not favor us.   Much rather have this game be at home based on our records.  Philly is starting a real tough test section.  Our toughest stretch starts after thanksgiving.  If we want to win the division we need to be in first after thanksgiving week. 

Sunny, 63 degrees for the high. 

16 minutes ago, quiller said:

If we play smart, mistake free football and simply execute well, we are talented enough to win.

Trouble is, we are not consistent. We played virtually mistake free last week and look what happened.

You'll know in the first 15 minutes how this will play out. 

28 minutes ago, quiller said:

Yeah you can not use past results to mean much as the intensity level of this game will be way different for Philly. I really think a lot of Philly players have mostly been going through the motions. 

He’s doubling down! You just wish you had grapes like Quillers!

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Jalen Hurts. As long as Lane Johnson and Jordan Mailata play the entire game. Either goes out, Parsons will feast.

It will be interesting to see if Parsons has a little extra going this game based on him basically disappearing against SF   I want to see him in the middle more or yes right side with the understanding it is as important to keep Hurts in the pocket as much as it is to get a sack. Then DLaw can do his thing in the left side.  Personally I also do have much faith that Hurts won’t run wild just because he hasn’t yet.  As I mentioned Dallas brings out a little more effort and a Philly win puts things in the same spot as last year