Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

8 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

AP is having a QB Competition Week 6???  Wtf???

Dude this guy is awful. Just make AOC starter, if he sucks you can go back to your precious Minshew. 

A competition Week 6 lmao

AOC is starting. They just want Pit to prepare for 2 QBs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

AOC is starting. They just want Pit to prepare for 2 QBs 

This is some serious copium.

Do you seriously think Pitt's defense care which of these two guys start. Just a matter of which one Watt gets to pad his stats on. The guy who runs into sacks or the guy who stands there and takes them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Are you going to answer the questions I asked? Do you really trust an AP lead team with a rookie QB for starters?

Yea. Who would you trust to a rookie QB? Another Rookie HC? 

He had a rookie mid rounder go 5-4. Kingsbury was the OC ready if the Daniels trade was there. 

To the other questions no . You’ll just flip it with flawed logic on a non ending thread responses. With subtle insults when you run out.

I look at the big picture. AP is 7-7 overall and 2-3 this season so far. Better than any coach under Davis Jr.

I’ll turn on AP like I have every coach when or if he deserves it. I’ll back his successor 

3 hours ago, FloydFan said:

100% I don’t even want to watch the KC game because I can already see how it’s going to be a statement game from them. He hasn’t done anything I can really think of well this season at this point. Like I said, I’ll give him the season but it sure isn’t looking well right now. 

People were saying this last year too before the Chiefs game 

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I look at the big picture. AP is 7-7 overall and 2-3 this season so far. Better than any coach under Davis Jr.

Context is important though, AP's team looks significantly worse with his staff and systems in place. Defense legit went from top 10 to one of the worst in the league.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Context is important though, AP's team looks significantly worse with his staff and systems in place. Defense legit went from top 10 to one of the worst in the league.

Sure. Just watch the season

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't see anyone putting it all on AP. His decision to hire Getsy to his in game decision making should be scrutinized. 

Honestly, the Getsy hire was the first big screw up. 

If you're gonna bring Getsy in after the Chicago disaster, why give him full control of the offense? 

AP would've been better off promoting someone in-house if Getsy was the only option out there. And if someone saw Getsy as the only realistic option available, shame on them. I get it was late, which was AP's doing, but come on. Someone besides Getsy was out there somewhere, they just scrambled post-Kingsbury and settled. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I am not defending this team but if you take out the Denver and Carolina game, both bottom 10 offenses, we are a top 10 defense.  Our best defensive game in yardage was against the #1 yardage offense in the league.  The other 4 games have all been bottom 10 offenses.  Browns, Chargers, and Panthers are bottom 5.  We have a motivational coach who is not motivating.  We should be 4-1 with a top 5 defense based solely upon who our opponents have been.  I do not want to keep firing coaches but I do not think AP is the guy for the job.  Hopefully they can figure it out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

No 6 wins isn’t enough for me personally.

i thought this roster was good enough for 500 or so and to be in wildcard consideration down to the wire.

so if the team falls off, that’s on AP.

mark put himself in a tough situation going from Rich, to JMD, to AP.. the players were angry and wanted their guy.

i think a respected HC like Harbaugh could’ve had the players buy in, but outside of that it would’ve been tough. So much turnover.

but that’s where I think realistic expectations are important. Team was told, you can have AP but you better come to play, cause 6 wins isn’t going to cut it.

If mark is telling them, going to be a long year 4-12 here we come, then they prob think 6 wins isn’t great.

injuries have definitely hurt us too, but I still expect 7 wins. If not, I think players will understand making moves

Honestly, shame on Mark for that. Screw the employees. Let's give them their proper labels here, they're employees. Not a single one of them, individually or collectively, should have that sway. Not a single one of them has made the difference between us sucking and not sucking. None of them have earned a right to demand squat. 

Adams wants out, bye. 

Maxx wants to go on a podcast with his cigar and make vague threats, bye. We'll take the 1st rounder for ya. 

So on, so forth. Sure, they may be good players, but if they were good enough to call the shots on HC decisions, we wouldn't suck. So they need to be told to sit down, shut up, do their job, or get lost. 

In my opinion, we don't have an irreplaceable player on this squad. Maxx is close, but he's not taking us from 4 to 10+ wins. We have him, we still suck. So he needs to be reminded where he is in the chain of command, or start making calls on a trade package. 

That's what a Jim Harbaugh would've come in and said to anyone pouting about not hiring AP. And frankly, that's what we need. Not a bro passing around cigars in the locker room for beating Easton Stick. 

And ya know what, that's where AP's schtik loses me. He has a romanticized idea of the smashmouth "Raiders" of old. Yes, they were tough, hardnosed, badasses. But they were disciplined where it matters. They were the Gulag in Siberia, AP seems to think they were LA Central Booking. The old Raiders he likes to cite weren't making business decisions, demanding trades, going on podcasts, and whining about whonthe coach was. And that starts and stops with AP. 

The Raiders he's talking about are the Madden and Flores Raiders. Could you imagine either of those guys in a press conference talking about "business decisions"? No. They would've gone into the locker room, ripped some new ones, and told the press "It's been handled". Ted Hendricks and Howie Long weren't going on podcasts. Branch and Biletnikoff wouldn't be pushing reporters or sulking on the bench. 

This team isn't tough. It's fake tough. The HC talks a big tough game, but calls them like a wimp. The players parry over beating nobodies and can't show up when it actually matters and go on Pat McAfee or wherever to whine and complain and threaten holdouts or whatever when they don't get their way. 

So I don't really care what the employees have to say or think about any move we make. They can put up, or shut up, and they definitely haven't put up. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Flores is great but I sure soured on him after Tua's comments, not to mention the racial lawsuit with the NFL. I can see Graham getting a job elsewhere but some of our big dogs on D would make it pretty attractive for a DC I imagine. 

Flores reportedly never wanted Tua as QB - Nevertheless that's no excuse for Flores' behaviour towards Tua.
But I highly credit Flores, that when these comments came out, he did not even try to sacrify what he said and apologized for that.

Regarding the lawsuit - I'm a white european male, I never faced racism, sexism or any other sort of discrimination and I probably will never know how that feels. Therefore I can't blame anyone  who has to endure such things to finally speak up about things that just went wrong.
These alibi interviews for the Rooney rule just have to stop imho - I'd rather encourage the franchises by giving not only the franchise where they come from an compensatory pick but also the one who gives POC the chance in a higher position.

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't want AP fired in season for clarity. Zero sense in doing that again. 

Are you going to answer the questions I asked? Do you really trust an AP lead team with a rookie QB for starters?

This is a massive question. 

I know it’s not intended for me personally, but from my perspective he hasn’t shown enough up to this point in time. I need to see more from him and the OC. I hope they now start AOC and we get more of a glimpse of how the scheme looks with maybe a QB that is less prone to ‘wing it’.

Another issue I consider is that if we do fire AP at the end of the season, who the heck will we employ as HC next, does anyone have any faith or belief that we’ll get a hire that will be a good HC and will be able to develop and nurture a rookie QB?

I think we should, if we go with AOC, get a better idea of what the actual scheme is supposed to look like, we do have some pieces like JPJ, Bowers and Tucker so I don’t think we need to blow every thing up and trade off all our assets as some are suggesting.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Which is my beef with AP. They are playing this overly conservative ball control style with little risk. It's bland, boring and ineffective. Then he's out there talking about playing the Raider way and playing with ill intent. 

He's pandering and getting people to buy the chees. 

I've seen Minshew play loose and play well in his career. Minshewmania was a thing before they neutered him here in Vegas.

This is a totally fair criticism.

• Like 1

Ya for sure. This staff has Minschew second guessing everything. Honestly everyone looks uncomfortable on offense. I hate to say this and may he rest in peace but this offense gives me Greg Knapp vibes. Its not Raider football. I know people will laugh at Hue Jackson and they can say whatever they want but Hue played Raider football. Players were developing under him, he just didn't get time to establish himself. 

• Like 2