Week 10: Browns at Ratbirds GDT

MWil23

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Scrabble vs Grossi as the GOAT Cleveland pessimist troll
    • Mike vs showing up after wins
    • Watson vs a timely shoulder “reinjury”
    • Delusional fans vs complaining about Kevin Stefanski, AKA Alpha Silver Fox
    • The Browns vs a 4 game losing streak against Baltimore
    • The first place 7-2 Ravens

Tune in this coming Sunday, November 12 at 1:00 on Fox as your 5-3 Cleveland Browns

that-cant-be-right-gut-feelings.gif

(Oh no my friends, that is correct)

Who are standing atop the AFC NORTH 

bad-news.gif

Scratch that…who are tied for last place in the AFC North

much-better-guy.gif

…and find themselves early road underdogs at -5.5, and yet fresh off a statement win vs a horrendous Cardinals team, while Baltimore is fresh off another 37-3 beatdown statement win vs a solid Seattle squad.

breaking-bad-jesse-pinkman.gif

Key matchups:

Cleveland vs a 4 game losing streak to Baltimore

Cleveland vs being in sole possession of last place in the division vs being in sole possession of 2nd Place in the division 

DeShaun Watson vs continuing to play well vs faking a reinjury vs a good team

The Browns vs one of the best teams and defenses in the league 

The Browns vs stopping Lamar Jackson

Kevin Stefanski vs making Scrabble angry before the 2nd play of the game, while we all know deep down it’s because he has deep seeded emasculation issues with Alpha Stefanski, total package

Myles Garrett vs “being a front runner”

The Browns vs consecutive games without turnovers

(That’s a lot of key matchups)

As for the GDT, I am now 3-0 on the season with GDT, so this very difficult task has fallen to me, and it’s with a very begrudging and heavy heart that I accept this torch and carry it for the good of the forum.

edge-entrance-wwe.gif

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

V nice gdt.

Yuge game, everyone is saying it. Not a must win, but it sure would be nice.  Need to split the next 2 imo.

5-3 and in last place is so frustrating, but it is what it is.

In this case, really vs Pittsburgh has become the “must win”. It’s at home, they’re horrific offensively, and if we can’t just not turn it over, we move to 6-4 (or 7-3 if this week happens) and get in order:

Broncos

Rams

Jaguars

Bears

Texans

Jets

Bengals

Zero excuses not to win 5 of those 7 games at least.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

In this case, really vs Pittsburgh has become the “must win”. It’s at home, they’re horrific offensively, and if we can’t just not turn it over, we move to 6-4 (or 7-3 if this week happens) and get in order:

Broncos

Rams

Jaguars

Bears

Texans

Jets

Bengals

Zero excuses not to win 5 of those 7 games at least.

Yeah we really need to rip a few off at some point.  The Bengals and Ravens have both won 4 straight, we need something similar before long.

I don’t care so much about winning the division as it’s fairly irrelevant, but unfortunately the rest of our division is who we’re competing with for wildcard spots.  

The Steelers have to run out of magic eventually, right??

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah we really need to rip a few off at some point.  The Bengals and Ravens have both won 4 straight, we need something similar before long.

I don’t care so much about winning the division as it’s fairly irrelevant, but unfortunately the rest of our division is who we’re competing with for wildcard spots.  

Doing that for the first time in about 35-40 years would be nice, as would having a home playoff game 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The Steelers have to run out of magic eventually, right??

2f9158a58508ebb8cb0d52553fa549a6.gif

• Like 1

Key match up for me to watch will be how the Browns left side of the OL performs vs. the Ravens throwing the kitchen sink at us from over there.

As of this post, no official word yet of the severity of Jed's injury - but I will be stunned if he takes another snap this season. I am, and continue to be, not a Jed Wills fan. His play underwhelmed me, but the sad truth is he was our best option. I am sure option A is to start James Hudson. Not great. If he goes down - it really gets dicey. I would seriously consider sliding Bitonio out to LT, and sliding Brick Harris in at LG - in the short term.

I think you would do more damage than good if you flipped Dawand to the left side.

My offensive game plan for Sunday would have to be a heavy emphasis on short quick passes, screens, and runs to the right side.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

V nice gdt.

Yuge game, everyone is saying it. Not a must win, but it sure would be nice.  Need to split the next 2 imo.

5-3 and in last place is so frustrating, but it is what it is.

This is the MEAT of the Season.....We have dug a slight hole...but at 5-3 (with games we COULD and SHOULD have won vs the Steelers and Seahawks) IF we can drop losses on the Ravens and Steelers in back to back weeks.....we are in the Driver seat for Playoff contention (Wild Card) while opening up a conversation about the Division Title (Cincinatti Week 18 becomes HUGE)

WE need to DO THIS!!!!

giphy.gif

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1