Week 10: San Francisco 49ers at Jacksonville Jaguars

J-ALL-DAY

After a much needed bye week, we are back and officially at the 2nd half of the season! The last years we have gone on 2nd half runs before the playoffs and same will need to be done this time around. We went 7-2 and 9-0 in the last 9 games in 2021 and 2022, respectively. Realistically for us to have a chance at the #1 seed, we need to run the table or lose at most one game and that is not likely so the next best thing is to win the division. 

First up Jacksonville............

Not going to lie, kind of sucks that the Jaguars also had their bye week last week so we get no rest advantage. The Jaguars are one of the best teams in the league playing some good ball and have a top 5 level QB. Going to be a very tough game!

Offensively, it's going to be good to get Deebo back and we will see if Williams will also be back but I think most are expecting him to return. Our OL is really a one superstar unit with three JAGs. The run game is different when Williams is playing and CMC and the crew are running behind him. The Jags are allowing the 3rd least rushing yards per game but for us to be successful, we will need to have somewhat of an effective run game. Purdy has been a disaster in 4th quarters while being great in the first three quarters. But he's going to need to be smart and diagnose the dropping LB and not predetermine his throws as he has a few times the last few weeks. I liked seeing him use his legs against the Bengals and that's something he could do this week to get the offense going. A very underrated weapon if used properly. Even with Deebo returning, I want to see Kittle continue to be involved in the passing game. He's so different compared to most when he has the ball in his hands and it is baffling how he can go multiple weeks without getting the ball. He has 14 catches for 227 yards in the last two games on 18 targets....LIKE GET HIM THE BALL PLEASE! Aiyuk will have some good corners on him but like any other week, I expect him to win regardless of who is covering him so he should do what he's been doing all season.

Defensively, this is a put up or shut up type of game. They have been abused the last two weeks and it does not get any easier this week going up against Lawrence. This is a game where the DL needs to play up to its talent level and come away with 4-5 sacks. Young should help but the issues haven't just been talent related the last few weeks. I expect Bosa to have a monster end to the season and come away with 9-11 sacks but Hargrave needs to get back in the mix as well. I'm sure Shanny was working with Wilks during the bye week to get back to the things this defense had done in the past and to make some adjustments. The corners will need to hold up against Ridley/Kirk and their back is not bad himself! 

This game is going to be tough, especially with it being on the road. But with Deebo/Williams likely back and with the addition of Young, it's TIME to go on a big run starting this week.

SF  27

JAX 17

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

After a much needed bye week, we are back and officially at the 2nd half of the season! The last years we have gone on 2nd half runs before the playoffs and same will need to be done this time around. We went 7-2 and 9-0 in the last 9 games in 2021 and 2022, respectively. Realistically for us to have a chance at the #1 seed, we need to run the table or lose at most one game and that is not likely so the next best thing is to win the division. 

First up Jacksonville............

Not going to lie, kind of sucks that the Jaguars also had their bye week last week so we get no rest advantage. The Jaguars are one of the best teams in the league playing some good ball and have a top 5 level QB. Going to be a very tough game!

Offensively, it's going to be good to get Deebo back and we will see if Williams will also be back but I think most are expecting him to return. Our OL is really a one superstar unit with three JAGs. The run game is different when Williams is playing and CMC and the crew are running behind him. The Jags are allowing the 3rd least rushing yards per game but for us to be successful, we will need to have somewhat of an effective run game. Purdy has been a disaster in 4th quarters while being great in the first three quarters. But he's going to need to be smart and diagnose the dropping LB and not predetermine his throws as he has a few times the last few weeks. I liked seeing him use his legs against the Bengals and that's something he could do this week to get the offense going. A very underrated weapon if used properly. Even with Deebo returning, I want to see Kittle continue to be involved in the passing game. He's so different compared to most when he has the ball in his hands and it is baffling how he can go multiple weeks without getting the ball. He has 14 catches for 227 yards in the last two games on 18 targets....LIKE GET HIM THE BALL PLEASE! Aiyuk will have some good corners on him but like any other week, I expect him to win regardless of who is covering him so he should do what he's been doing all season.

Defensively, this is a put up or shut up type of game. They have been abused the last two weeks and it does not get any easier this week going up against Lawrence. This is a game where the DL needs to play up to its talent level and come away with 4-5 sacks. Young should help but the issues haven't just been talent related the last few weeks. I expect Bosa to have a monster end to the season and come away with 9-11 sacks but Hargrave needs to get back in the mix as well. I'm sure Shanny was working with Wilks during the bye week to get back to the things this defense had done in the past and to make some adjustments. The corners will need to hold up against Ridley/Kirk and their back is not bad himself! 

This game is going to be tough, especially with it being on the road. But with Deebo/Williams likely back and with the addition of Young, it's TIME to go on a big run starting this week.

SF  27

JAX 17

I'm taking the Niners for the shear fact that they've lost 3 in a row but I said that after losing 2 in a row and it didn't turn out well. If they lose to the Jags then it's just proof in the pudding that the Niners are just another team who'll likely meet it's match in the playoffs. Right now too many teams I'd take over the Niners in a postseason game e.g. Eagles, Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals and possibly Bills, Jags, Cowboys, Lions & Seahawks.

I will start with, our schedule has not helped us at all the past couple of weeks! Coming off of short turn around and now both Jax and us are coming off our byes, ugh! 

This will be a telling week. If our defense is flat again, I have to imagine something changes. 

I believe with Deebo coming back and Williams possibly playing, our offense will pick back up. 

We should win since our top players are coming back on offense, but it’s going to be close! 

SF - 24
JAX - 20

31-21 SF. We're coming off of a scheduling period where we both had to travel across country a lot and deal with rest disadvantages. I had us losing the Cleveland and Cincinnati games because of these discrepancies in my preseason board. The Vikings loss was more profoundly weird than anything else. This team still has the 3rd highest point differential in the NFL and the Jags just aren't there, especially on offense where Lawrence is good, but the rest of the team often doesn't follow him for a ride. I think that this will be a return to form where we establish ourselves as a first tier team that really smacks around second and third tier teams. We still have the Ravens and Eagles on the schedule. And they are both first tier teams and we'll be happy to win one of those, much less both. But I trust in a lot of the underlying performance numbers. And they back up what I've felt about the last two games.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

I'm taking the Niners for the shear fact that they've lost 3 in a row but I said that after losing 2 in a row and it didn't turn out well. If they lose to the Jags then it's just proof in the pudding that the Niners are just another team who'll likely meet it's match in the playoffs. Right now too many teams I'd take over the Niners in a postseason game e.g. Eagles, Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals and possibly Bills, Jags, Cowboys, Lions & Seahawks.

I mean if you can lose three straight, you can definitely lose four straight lol.

I'm banking on the team just getting healthier after the bye week and getting back some of their top difference makers. 

Jaguars are really good, especially defensively so it will not be easy. This is a game where the DL needs to get back to wrecking havoc though. No more excuses. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean if you can lose three straight, you can definitely lose four straight lol.

I'm banking on the team just getting healthier after the bye week and getting back some of their top difference makers. 

Jaguars are really good, especially defensively so it will not be easy. This is a game where the DL needs to get back to wrecking havoc though. No more excuses. 

Yea I hear ya. I don't trust the Niners but I also don't think they're that bad enough to lose 4 straight but if that's the case then at least we'll know the verdict is in. They'll be the NFC's version of the Miami Dolphins as pure pretenders.

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

24 - 23 Jax. 

The niners have to earn my trust back. I think they will, but I'm not picking them until they do. 

Ok if they lose to the Jags then how many more losses do you for see? I also think the Eagles & Ravens are given losses and most likely the game in Seattle. Basically after the Jags game they have 4 tough ones e.g. Seahawks X2, Ravens & Eagles. If they drop to any teams outside those 4 games then you really serious problems with the team.

On 11/6/2023 at 10:32 AM, NFL Network said:

Ok if they lose to the Jags then how many more losses do you for see? I also think the Eagles & Ravens are given losses and most likely the game in Seattle. Basically after the Jags game they have 4 tough ones e.g. Seahawks X2, Ravens & Eagles. If they drop to any teams outside those 4 games then you really serious problems with the team.

I think they'd finish 10-7 

Hopefully Womack will be able to return soon. Definitely intrigued with Luter but with him missing the entire training camp, it is highly unlikely he will have a chance to contribute this season.

Not expecting Beal to be activated either. He's probably competing with Jackson going forward though. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

24 - 23 Jax. 

The niners have to earn my trust back. I think they will, but I'm not picking them until they do. 

Yea, the image of both Cousins & Burrow just toying with our defense is just too entrenched in my fan brain at this point.

I don't think adding Chase fixes anything because the back-end really needs a jolt from somewhere.

I feel like they need to shake things up. Maybe give Brown some extended snaps @FS or platoon with Gipson all together

Something needs to click within that group.

Lawerence isn't Burrow or Cousins but he causes his own set of problems.

The Cowgirls game seems like two years ago...

The season has its swings of momentum, for sure.

Edited by 757-NINER