2024 Offseason Thread: Dodgers Betting Big On Ohtani

hrubes20

22 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

We shall see if Breslow and Andrew Bailey can work their magic. White Sox Giolito would quickly become our 2nd best pitcher. Not saying much but the ceiling is there. Unfortunately the floor is more likely and knowing our pitching history, he will most likely make 20 milly this year giving up 4 homers per start

Yeah....well, best I can say is I'm happier you guys signed him than we did.

10 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I mean, do you guys even have 5 starters on the 40 man?

We're good....but we'll add arms. I'd like to bring the "new & improved" Montgomery back. Then they'll figure out some others. Montas is in the mix. Some others I've not even heard of. 

On 12/30/2023 at 8:36 AM, Leader said:

We're good....but we'll add arms. I'd like to bring the "new & improved" Montgomery back. Then they'll figure out some others. Montas is in the mix. Some others I've not even heard of. 

Signed with the Reds.  That's a pretty good gamble for them on a 1 year deal.  

Is it just me, or has there been almost no hot stove talk about Blake Snell this offseason?  For a CY winner, his market has been really quiet.  

11 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Is it just me, or has there been almost no hot stove talk about Blake Snell this offseason?  For a CY winner, his market has been really quiet.  

He walked the most in the league. He gave up the highest hit per 9 and for the first half of the the season he sucked. And Scott Boras is his agent 

12 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He walked the most in the league. He gave up the highest hit per 9 and for the first half of the the season he sucked. And Scott Boras is his agent 

Oh I definitely get that he has his warts.  But he's still going to sign a 9 figure contract and there has been almost no talk about him yet.  

50 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Oh I definitely get that he has his warts.  But he's still going to sign a 9 figure contract and there has been almost no talk about him yet.  

I think he goes to the angels just because they'll be the ones dumb enough to offer him the most money and they're west coast

On 1/2/2024 at 11:21 AM, hrubes20 said:

Just saw this. Sorry...but there's hardly any action in here so I dont look often. I would have liked for Montas to come back to NY - but I suspect the 16M he got from the Reds was above where NY wanted to go. Given his injury last year, he's an unsolved mystery at this point. I wish him the best though. 

Snell's certainly a good pitcher....but he doesnt throw enough innings to command the $$$ I think he's after and given the question marks in our rotation....we need a strong innings eater.

7 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Being charged with  commercial sexual exploitation and money laundering in this DR case. To be clear, this is a seperate incident/case from the one that was alleged in USA.

There apparently is a 3rd victim, but she has not filed anything yet.  

On 1/3/2024 at 10:00 AM, BullsandBroncos said:

I think he goes to the angels just because they'll be the ones dumb enough to offer him the most money and they're west coast

That makes sense.  Definitely could see it.

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Being charged with  commercial sexual exploitation and money laundering in this DR case. To be clear, this is a seperate incident/case from the one that was alleged in USA.

There apparently is a 3rd victim, but she has not filed anything yet.  

Yeah, he's done in the MLB.