A 2024 OFF-SEASON PROJECTION (POST NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)

Karnage84

Braelon Allen
RB
Caelen Carson
CB
Kingsley Eguakun
C/G
Frank Gore Jr.
RB
Kamren Kinchens
S
MarShawn Lloyd
RB
team-logo-252-50x50.pngUSC
Jer’Zhan Newton
DT
Patrick Paul
OT
Keith Randolph Jr.
DT
Chop Robinson
Edge
Jeremiah Trotter Jr.
LB
Devaughn Vele
WR
Nate Wiggins
CB
James Williams
S

Just now, Karnage84 said:
Braelon Allen
RB
Caelen Carson
CB
Kingsley Eguakun
C/G
Frank Gore Jr.
RB
Kamren Kinchens
S
MarShawn Lloyd
RB
team-logo-252-50x50.pngUSC
Jer’Zhan Newton
DT
Patrick Paul
OT
Keith Randolph Jr.
DT
Chop Robinson
Edge
Jeremiah Trotter Jr.
LB
Devaughn Vele
WR
Nate Wiggins
CB
James Williams
S

Underclassmen that have officially declared

I was thinking about trade-back scenarios.  Right now, the absolute best case scenario would be for them to trade back with the Commanders and somehow end up with both of their second round picks.  It is more likely that we trade back to 37 without getting their other second round pick.  That is still a very good draft position with respect to CB, OL and EDGE.

3 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I was thinking about trade-back scenarios.  Right now, the absolute best case scenario would be for them to trade back with the Commanders and somehow end up with both of their second round picks.  It is more likely that we trade back to 37 without getting their other second round pick.  That is still a very good draft position with respect to CB, OL and EDGE.

I am definitely all for trading back into the early second and adding some additional picks.  A lot of guys I like that are moving into that area like T'Vondre Sweat, Quinyon Mitchell, Terrion Arnold, Chris Barswell, TJ Tampa, Josh Newton, Princely Unmamielen, and Jackson Powers-Johnson.  I'd like to get two of those guys in the 2nd with ours and someone else's pick and then add additional draft capital in the third or future. Maybe Landon Jackson if he comes out but I am not as sold on him as others.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I am definitely all for trading back into the early second and adding some additional picks.  A lot of guys I like that are moving into that area like T'Vondre Sweat, Quinyon Mitchell, Terrion Arnold, Chris Barswell, TJ Tampa, Josh Newton, Princely Unmamielen, and Jackson Powers-Johnson.  I'd like to get two of those guys in the 2nd with ours and someone else's pick and then add additional draft capital in the third or future. Maybe Landon Jackson if he comes out but I am not as sold on him as others.  

The other thing the makes the Commanders interesting is that they have some good players who have publicly come stated their dislike for their roles or the losing.  Jonathan Allen has said he is tired of the losing.  Terry McClaurin is having the worst year of his career and has talked with the coaches about his role.  

I don't know about the points value but if the Commanders offered Jonathan Allen in a trade to get back into for the Lions first round slot and the Lions moving back to 37, that seems like the basis of a good trade.  Jonathan Allen is having a bit of a down year so that could make the asking price a little lower.  There might be additional assets involved but this makes sense for both teams.  Also, Jonathan Allen's contract is reasonable and only runs through 2025 so it would still leave the Lions with a lot of salary cap flexibility.

Edited by Just Want A Title

On 12/7/2023 at 7:40 AM, Just Want A Title said:

Throw in your SRP and you're probably more in the ballpark.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 11:48 AM, Just Want A Title said:

I don't know about the points value but if the Commanders offered Jonathan Allen in a trade to get back into for the Lions first round slot and the Lions moving back to 37, that seems like the basis of a good trade.  Jonathan Allen is having a bit of a down year so that could make the asking price a little lower.  There might be additional assets involved but this makes sense for both teams.  Also, Jonathan Allen's contract is reasonable and only runs through 2025 so it would still leave the Lions with a lot of salary cap flexibility.

I'd venture a guess that if the Commanders were to listen to offers on Allen, they'd get more than a mid-3rd round pick in return for him which is what he's being valued at in this trade.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'd venture a guess that if the Commanders were to listen to offers on Allen, they'd get more than a mid-3rd round pick in return for him which is what he's being valued at in this trade.

I am definitely not one of the trade value gurus in the forum but if the Commanders sent us Jonathan Allen to move from our late first round slot to their early second (at 37 right now) that would be a good place to start.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Which is unlikely with his age and contract. Not knocking him as a player but it's a big ask. 

He'll be 29 years old in a few months, and you'd be getting him effectively on a 3 year, $48M deal which would be the 14th highest DT in terms of AAV.  That's pretty fair.  He's not just a throw-in.

EDIT: It appears the trade discussions got merged.

11 hours ago, General Tso said:

What do we think about trading for either Mack or Bosa from LA next year? They will need to shed salary and these guys have contracts that are tradeable.

I'd lean more towards Mack as a 1 year mercenary and since he has 17 mil salary, I can't see him getting more than a 5th.

Bosa is having trouble staying healthy.  Khalil Mack is 32 years old.  Neither player is worth the project cost from my perspective.  This draft has a surprising number of quality EDGE/speed rushers. We haven't seen much complimentary pass-rush from Josh Pascal but that may have something to do with how we have schemed out our pass-rush.

You bring up an interesting point though.  Could Brad Holmes shake up the roster on defense?  Actually, it is probably more of a question of degree.  Would he swing for the fences with a guy like Antoine Winfield Jr, Brian Burns, Josh Allen or Jaylon Johnson?   Does he aim a little lower for players like Kristian Fulton or L'Jarius Sneed?

2 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Bosa is having trouble staying healthy.  Khalil Mack is 32 years old.  Neither player is worth the project cost from my perspective.  This draft has a surprising number of quality EDGE/speed rushers. We haven't seen much complimentary pass-rush from Josh Pascal but that may have something to do with how we have schemed out our pass-rush.

You bring up an interesting point though.  Could Brad Holmes shake up the roster on defense?  Actually, it is probably more of a question of degree.  Would he swing for the fences with a guy like Antoine Winfield Jr, Brian Burns, Josh Allen or Jaylon Johnson?   Does he aim a little lower for players like Kristian Fulton or L'Jarius Sneed?

I'm fully setting myself up for disappointment, expecting someone from the top 10 of PFF https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

• Like 1