BB - Implode whilst every one else Zags

Hunter2_1

Is it time for BB to go?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. BB...

• Keep BB for the foreseeable future. Careful what you wish for.
    • Give him another season with the high draft pick and cap room coming.
    • Let him coach out the rest of the season and then go. He's done.
    • He should have been gone a while ago.

On 11/16/2023 at 6:01 AM, m haynes said:

That the reason why I have Danials as the best QB in this draft. He's not just a running QB, but boy can he run and make you pay if you pressure him. 

IMO lame GM will let him fall because of a small frame throwing cliche (sm sling ) and he skinny however I don't see any problems that can't be fixed.

THAT IS IF WE HAVE REAL offensive coaches !!!!

Danial's skills  will make up for any problems with the OL. He runs more than scrambles.

PS I'm not talking about Williams scrambling crap that all the Bucky's rave about. That crap doesn't work in the NFL teams and players are to good to let a QB run around for 10 seconds breaking tackles in the backfield scrambling. ND put a squash on that and forced the kid to throw. Not pretty. Don't get me wrong he can play however like @Hunter2_1  said he will need help just like Mac should of had.  

---------------------------

I say Danial's runs faster

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/jayden-daniels-40-time-how-fast-lsu-qb

This is why I have him MY #1 guy. Yes the defense stinks but watch him read make accurate  throws and kill any type of pass rush. And boy can he fly !!!!! I have watched most of what is out there on the him. Impressed so far, but like a horse race things change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr_NQqhn0fM&t=3s

1.50 mark to 2.20

This is what I see that the other QB's don't have and with a little work, he can increase his arm strength. He has all the tools. I say he runs a 4.3/ 4.4 40. I hope he doesn't participate at the combine. The last thing I want is for him to wake up the Bucky's of the draft world.

Perfect scenario Pats have a top three pick and Harrison on the board. They trade the pick basically flop places and get the 20th pick.

End up with

Card two 1st RD picks

1. Olu Fashanu or Joe Alt.  I like OF but that can change.

2. Jayden Daniels  You might have the opportunity to trade down in the 1st if you can read the teams and the draft. Me I don't chance it if there's any doubt you'll  miss out

I was pretty high on Daniels but then I went back and watch all of his games this season. Now I am convinced that Malik Nabers is far and away the best player on LSU's roster and possibly the best WR in the draft class. I also now feel likely Daniels 40 time will be 4.6-4.65 range. I know it's strange to watch a guy get 500 yards of offense and come away thinking less of him as a prospect but I just don't think Daniels is it.

19 hours ago, jofos said:

Daniels 40 time will be 4.6-4.65 range

I don't see this happening, not after watch him. I mentioned above a time frame with him running by everyone on the field. 

19 hours ago, jofos said:

That is not 4.6.

Like I said it the start of the horse race. I'm still looking, but he's my #1 at this time.

I'm not a fan of the top 2 QB's at this time. Maye is the guy out of the top two I would draft, but I have to see him play the big boys before i'm convinced.  He failed against Clemson which is a major concern for me. Let call it a red flag.

I have two guys that I like with the Pats 1st pick. 1st choice Olu Fashanu. IMO he is amazing, a stud, we plant at LT for 15 years.  I see taking Harrison however I'm not a fan taking a WR over a elite OT which are very hard to find. Also the draft is loaded with WRs. I understand there's a drop off but how much is the question. It a lot easier to find WR than a elite OT.

One last thing, I'm sick and tired watching our team's horrible OL while the good teams continue to build to protect the QB. EX KC

• Like 1

6 hours ago, m haynes said:

I don't see this happening, not after watch him. I mentioned above a time frame with him running by everyone on the field. 

That is not 4.6.

Like I said it the start of the horse race. I'm still looking, but he's my #1 at this time.

I'm not a fan of the top 2 QB's at this time. Maye is the guy out of the top two I would draft, but I have to see him play the big boys before i'm convinced.  He failed against Clemson which is a major concern for me. Let call it a red flag.

I have two guys that I like with the Pats 1st pick. 1st choice Olu Fashanu. IMO he is amazing, a stud, we plant at LT for 15 years.  I see taking Harrison however I'm not a fan taking a WR over a elite OT which are very hard to find. Also the draft is loaded with WRs. I understand there's a drop off but how much is the question. It a lot easier to find WR than a elite OT.

One last thing, I'm sick and tired watching our team's horrible OL while the good teams continue to build to protect the QB. EX KC

I don't like Maye, Williams, or Nix

On 11/21/2023 at 11:36 PM, jofos said:

I don't like Maye, Williams, or Nix

Funny you say that.  I just watch Maye's tape again and I agree with you a 1000%  I like the Texas kid over him and they have him in the 2nd RD. Quinn Ewers

There not one QB in this draft worth a top 5 pick IMO.  Draft however have functional QBs and a good staff can work with them EX Purdy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I'm alone (in this forum) in my Maye love. Dude didn't have much around him at UNC. Rocket arm, pro-ready qb, and he's a Maye so he has that clutch gene. 

I'm not a fan of Caleb Williams. He screams a me guy, Kyrie Irving lite. Idk if he's just getting bad advice out of his camp, but I'm not a fan.

I'm warming to Jayden Daniels. What a playmaker.

I love Pennix as a CFB, but no thanks. Can't move, is old af, and has an injury history.

No thanks to Ewers and Bo Nix.

On 12/4/2023 at 2:07 PM, 1ForTheThumb said:

Guess I'm alone (in this forum) in my Maye love. Dude didn't have much around him at UNC. Rocket arm, pro-ready qb, and he's a Maye so he has that clutch gene. 

I'm not a fan of Caleb Williams. He screams a me guy, Kyrie Irving lite. Idk if he's just getting bad advice out of his camp, but I'm not a fan.

I love Pennix as a CFB, but no thanks. Can't move, is old af, and has an injury history.

You realize Penix is only 7 months older than Daniels?

On 12/4/2023 at 2:07 PM, 1ForTheThumb said:

This sums up how I feel, except I'm starting to sour on Maye too. The more footage I watch, the slower he seems to go through his reads and make sloppy throws. At this point I'd rather sign Baker Mayfield to a 2-3 year deal, draft MHJ and invest heavily in the O-line...

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 12:16 PM, Dan33185 said:

You realize Penix is only 7 months older than Daniels?

Not the only reason I'm not interest in Pennix. Have other concerns as well- immobility, arm strength, injury history. I see his upside as Tua, who can be good with great pieces around him/scheme, but not an elavator.

Edited by 1ForTheThumb

8 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Not the only reason I'm not interest in Pennix. Have other concerns as well- immobility, arm strength, injury history. I see his upside as Tua, who can be good with great pieces around him/scheme, but not an elavator.

I mean, the man’s not a machine.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't trust Bostons sports writers or for that matter any sports guy.

Especially with the sources line.

Here are Boston writers that sources line blew up in their faces. Total BS stories. It funny they all still have jobs so what's the consequences !

Curran

Ben Volin

Tom Tomose

What I don't believe ever,  Kraft forced BB to do anything, specifically. You draft Mac or trade Jimmy G now, crap. Now Kraft could have said BB you need to follow your scouts but that is a general SUGGESTION worded as such to get agreement from BB. 

Reason, BB ( IMO had til now) holds all the cards and could walk or refuse to do anything football related.

Cards:

1. SBs

2. Legend

3. Loyal fans and ex players such as Cassel, Vince, McCourty.  BB supporters, who still believe the Patiots way exists.

4.  Shula record,  go good for business.

5. PR nightmare for RK

6 CONTRACT

7 National Media ---  last thing Kraft wants.

I'm not a word Smith so this might come out wrong but here goes.

BB is OLD and so am I at 65.  We hate changes and we are set in our ways. We have little time to deal with with so call fools or give them the time of day. BB IMO has (times 10) shown this over the last few years. Now, he really hates all these " kids " questioning him and he doesn't respect anyone that challenges him such as Kraft and the media. BB way or the highway and the more you pressure him the more angry he gets and pushes back.

There is no way in heck that BB will do anything that will not benefit him. Trade him that a joke or get a legit GM or change his staff and schemes. Ya right.

There is only two source in the building Mayo and Kraft's that's are close enough to BB to know if this is true, that would have any meaning behind "sources" and IMO they can't be that stupid to trust and leak Matty P information. To much at stake to put you career in (kids) media hands. That kid would own you going forward.

Ball boys don't count !!!

Do the Kraft's use the media yes but not for this petty crap.  The last thing they would do is go to these cubs with anything.

You would have to be complete fool to fall on this sword. You would hide from this less than a NY minute before you rep would be destroyed.  You would risk everything, no way with the local media such as mentioned. 

I don't think so.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2024 at 1:37 PM, m haynes said:

I don't trust Bostons sports writers or for that matter any sports guy.

Especially with the sources line.

Here are Boston writers that sources line blew up in their faces. Total BS stories. It funny they all still have jobs so what's the consequences !

Curran

Ben Volin

Tom Tomose

What I don't believe ever,  Kraft forced BB to do anything, specifically. You draft Mac or trade Jimmy G now, crap. Now Kraft could have said BB you need to follow your scouts but that is a general SUGGESTION worded as such to get agreement from BB. 

Reason, BB ( IMO had til now) holds all the cards and could walk or refuse to do anything football related.

Cards:

1. SBs

2. Legend

3. Loyal fans and ex players such as Cassel, Vince, McCourty.  BB supporters, who still believe the Patiots way exists.

4.  Shula record,  go good for business.

5. PR nightmare for RK

6 CONTRACT

7 National Media ---  last thing Kraft wants.

I'm not a word Smith so this might come out wrong but here goes.

BB is OLD and so am I at 65.  We hate changes and we are set in our ways. We have little time to deal with with so call fools or give them the time of day. BB IMO has (times 10) shown this over the last few years. Now, he really hates all these " kids " questioning him and he doesn't respect anyone that challenges him such as Kraft and the media. BB way or the highway and the more you pressure him the more angry he gets and pushes back.

There is no way in heck that BB will do anything that will not benefit him. Trade him that a joke or get a legit GM or change his staff and schemes. Ya right.

There is only two source in the building Mayo and Kraft's that's are close enough to BB to know if this is true, that would have any meaning behind "sources" and IMO they can't be that stupid to trust and leak Matty P information. To much at stake to put you career in (kids) media hands. That kid would own you going forward.

Ball boys don't count !!!

Do the Kraft's use the media yes but not for this petty crap.  The last thing they would do is go to these cubs with anything.

You would have to be complete fool to fall on this sword. You would hide from this less than a NY minute before you rep would be destroyed.  You would risk everything, no way with the local media such as mentioned. 

I don't think so.

It won’t happen, but I’d LOVE for BB to release a book one day.

as pats fans, we have so many unanswered questions. So many. if he actually spilled the beans, we’d maybe get his perspective on…

- Richard Seymour’s trade

- Spy/deflate gates 

- Benching Butler

- Rumours about Brady and Bill’s toxic relationship 

- Being “forced” to sell Jimmy 

- Moving off Tom or not fighting his corner at the end of 2019 season

- what he actually thought of the Covid season and whether he did just write it off 

- What his ideal spending would be in terms of resourcing defence vs offense, if the leash was off 

- his opinion on going for Shula’s record

- how he gets a secondary playing greater than the sum of their parts

and countless other things. I wannntt!!!