General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

1 minute ago, ohiogenius said:

Here is to hoping McCarron wins his case becomes a FA and signs a contract long enough to let Darnold develop.

Or the Browns sign Cousins and they draft someone like White or draft someone a 2-3years down the road that could develop or Kizer develops. Its a weird concept for us Browns fans because the Browns havent had a QB start more than one season.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Or the Browns sign Cousins and they draft someone like White or draft someone a 2-3years down the road that could develop or Kizer develops. Its a weird concept for us Browns fans because the Browns havent had a QB start more than one season.

I guess I just dont see Cousins as a franchise guy who can carry a team. I think Darnold can be that guy

26 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I really dont get it. What are they planning to do for a QB after next season? They had a better version of Smith in Cousins and he can at least player for another 8-10years maybe. With Smith, you might get 3-5. 

Never seen a franchise so reluctant to keep a franchise QB

Just now, ohiogenius said:

I guess I just dont see Cousins as a franchise guy who can carry a team. I think Darnold can be that guy

I dont know, we all say Cousins had a down year this year but it would of been the single best season from a QB since the return. Hell Washington could of been better if they didnt let so much talent walk last year. 

Only thing nice about getting Cousins is you than can use all the picks to try and bring in as much talent as possible. Dorsey said he wanted to win next year, You sign Cousins to go along with other Free agents and draft picks, they could really change this team around.

With Cousins as the idea of being the QB, they could be the Jags of next season. I dont know if they could make it to the AFC title game but they could def push for the playoffs.

Just now, ohiogenius said:

Bills, Jets, Broncos if they make some cuts

what kind of cuts would Denver make? The one thing that makes Cleveland actually attractive to him is if he signs with the team, they still can add a lot of talent to the team through FA and the draft. Browns sign Cousins and they would still have the 2nd/3rd most cap to work with. Bills dont have a lot of cap space either.

Either go to a team that will be strapped for cash immediately and might see the team fall a part in a season or two, or go to Cleveland right in the prime of what could be a solid rebuild

Archived