5 Up, 5 Down

LETSGOBROWNIES

Up

1.  The resilience.  Down 17-3 to start the game we’ve almost universally seen this organization shut up shop and give a “professional effort”.  They played hard af all game.  

2.  Second half Watson. 

3. The run game.  180 on the ground against that defense is something.

4. The defense in general.  At a quick glance allowing 30 doesn’t look good, but considering the offense and ST essentially accounted for 14 points, it was impressive.

5.  Amari and Njoku.  Just keep targeting them and they keep producing

Down

1.  Injuries.  I realize everyone deals with them, but man.

2. James Hudson.  He looks to be a good run blocker, and maybe he’d be a good G, but he’s not a tackle.

3. Special teams.  Between the dropped punt and the missed PAT they were anything but special.

4. First half Watson.  I thought the stats looked worse than his actual play did, but it wasn’t good.

5.  The continued slow starts by the defense.  Could be wrong but I think it’s like 4 out of 5 weeks the opponent has marched the ball right down the field for a TD.  Picking nits a bit as they’ve otherwise been good, but they need to clean that up.

• Like 4

This team fought tooth and nail for a win. Bad start, bad gameplan, bad offensive line, bad injuries, good guys stepping up, good adjustments, good clutch time, good big time big paid players stepping up when it mattered, special teams almost cost us and yet saved us with a block and field goal at the end too just a weird game.

Up:

Big Bad Bill Callahan - Got our o-line ready to face that defense without our top 3 OTs??

Ford & Hunt - together they equalled about a 3/4 Chubb, and really came through on our last drive to chew clock and not give Baltimore a chance

Therapist - don't want to, but have to give him credit for toughness & resilience 

Cooper - ok, he doesn't have the top end speed of some dudes, but is there really a better WR in the league?

Down:

Ojabo 60 mil

• Like 1

1. Watsons 2nd half. 

2. The runningback Jerome Ford. 

3. Hudson and 64. Great effort by tackle 4 and 5  

4. Coaching, incredible. 

5. The 2025 7th we traded for Dustin. 

Down

1. Been hardly able to work all day what a buzz 

2 Mike's silence. 

3. Mwils coming cognitive dissonance as he asks himself are we good or bad  

4. Scrabble thinking alphas are really real 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

2. James Hudson.  He looks to be a good run blocker, and maybe he’d be a good G, but he’s not a tackle.

I still think he’s “fine” as a RT. He’s good to run behind and capable in pass pro but needs help with good edge guys. He’s a good swing lineman but I agree a better guard.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I still think he’s “fine” as a RT. He’s good to run behind and capable in pass pro but needs help with good edge guys. He’s a good swing lineman but I agree a better guard.

Yeah I guess.  I assumed they drafted him with the intention of him being a potential starter after Conklin or whatever and I’m not seeing that type of player at all right now.  As a T #4 he’s absolutely fine, but we still need to keep looking for another long term tackle imo.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I guess.  I assumed they drafted him with the intention of him being a potential starter after Conklin or whatever and I’m not seeing that type of player at all right now.  As a T #4 he’s absolutely fine, but we still need to keep looking for another long term tackle imo.

For a 3rd or 4th rounder or whatever he is I think he’s a fine player. Probably not a starter but I don’t think we can expect more from a swing OT and OG type. He’s a replacement level OT and above average OG who saves a roster spot so IMO he has some value.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Another bright (“bright”) spot yesterday was we finally had an Elijah Moore sighting.

IDK why we haven’t seen more from him, it’s like he runs short routes exclusively.  I was hoping perhaps he’d take Goodwin’s reps stretching the defense.  

I think the lack of depth in the WR room really has reared its ugly head with his utilization. DPJ wasn’t it here this year and Tillman is a rookie, so we are stuck with heavier personnel many times…even in spread looks we have 2TE on the field a lot.

• Like 1