Josh Dobbs, the Passtronaut

General Tso

16 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Worry about your own team. 

Imagine clowning another teams QB situation when you're trotting out there Aiden O'Connell at QB and played yourself out of the Caleb Williams and Drake Maye sweepstakes?

My bad they have Jimmy G cued up for the 2024 season, I digress. 👌

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Dude was right on Josh Allen and Josh Dobbs and you all hated him for it 

This wasn't why we hated him. There were plenty of reasons to hate him. His incessant badgering on Dobbs was annoying, but nothing nobody here hasn't dealt with.

The actual hate against him goes *much* deeper than this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

TBH, this speaks to how good of an OC Kevin O'Connell is.    Dobbs mobility is something Cousins never had - and they're incorporating it with some QB runs (not the TD you're seeing on highlights) and then when Mattison went down, they used more perimeter runs with Ty Chandler, too.  

Still, Dobbs left the pocket about 4-5x when he didn't need to, and he missed several reads / throws that on other days, stalls drives.   But given MIN was left for dead when Cousins went down (he was carrying that O with no run game), Dobbs' mobility and willingness to throw downfield, combined with MIN's legit D (Brian Flores is that dude) at DC, MIN has a real shot to make the playoffs.    SEA is the #6 seed, and we see the flaws they have - there's literally no other team in the NFC who is ahead of them, and none who makes you think they're set to go on a run (TAM at 4-5 is the nearest team, which is pretty wild). 

I was one of many who LOL'd at the original projections, and he's still a very flawed QB.   But MIN can make this work with the D they have and KOC working to leverage the mobility / willingness to throw it downfield.   But more importantly, I have to say it's not hard to root for Dobbs - I mean he even took up Cousins' legacy with Creed (their winning streak started with Cousins mentioning they play it before each game) lol:

This video is somehow the greatest thing I’ve ever seen 

• Like 2

Just now, Chiefer said:

Do you still think Josh Dobbs is bad at football?

I think he's better than I anticipated, yeah. I had a low bar and he's exceeded expectations across the board. 

VanS wasn't wrong at the end of the day. Good for him. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I think he's better than I anticipated, yeah. I had a low bar and he's exceeded expectations across the board. 

VanS wasn't wrong at the end of the day. Good for him. 

VanS wasn't *totally* wrong, at least. He had Dobbs in a HoF trajectory.

I mean... it's POSSIBLE. But likely?