Raiders claim CB Jack Jones

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Personally I think CB1 is overrated. As long as your corners all can make plays on the ball and none are a liability, that is the key for a top defensive unit. Everyone will get beat at times but if you can tackle and take the ball away you can get em back.

I'd rather have an impact DT or LB than a shutdown corner. Just my 2 cents.

I'd rather have any elite pass rush then two great corners and I played corner

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Next season will be big for him. Hopefully he’ll have a full offseason and not one of rehab. That should allow him to make the 2nd year jump

Lol no this 2nd half of the season will be big Imo I wanna see what he has vs Mia and kc. He’s healthy now with a lot of nfl snaps under his belt. I’m confident pierce will get him going before next year if he’s got what it takes. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol no this 2nd half of the season will be big Imo I wanna see what he has vs Mia and kc. He’s healthy now with a lot of nfl snaps under his belt. I’m confident pierce will get him going before next year if he’s got what it takes. 

This.....and hopefully he trends upward. And if we ALL know it starts with the pass rush, then why the hell can’t ANY of our coaches figure this out (or gms lol) and before some wanna jump my sh*t and tell me stud DTs don’t grow on trees.... lol....I know that. Bradley got decent results (again, I said DECENT.lol) unfortunately with this trend which isn’t a trend, it’s common sense stud dts are now a premium position as well. We’re definitely needing one, and a stud qb, hopefully a decent opportunity presents itself in the offseason.....and we pounce on it more importantly. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Hey we’re on our way. I think another athletic LB and a DT even with everything the same would make this a top 10 defense easily 

I think we might be on our way too. I’m not a proponent of spending on LBs too much personally, fine rolling with Spillane, Deablo and Masterson if we upgrade in front, so I’d say we definitely need a high quality DT, how long have we been saying that for?

I’d add a CB to the list too. I think Peters should be gone really so we have Hobbs, Bennett, Amik, Long Jr and Hall who all seem like feisty #2 or #3 CB types so I’d add another to the mix, though not necessarily a #1 CB but more to have a bunch of capable players.

Hopefully Wilson improves but id still add another DE too as realistically we only have Crosby, Koonce and Wilson.

I Think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel though can’t we?

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I think we might be on our way too. I’m not a proponent of spending on LBs too much personally, fine rolling with Spillane, Deablo and Masterson if we upgrade in front, so I’d say we definitely need a high quality DT, how long have we been saying that for?

I’d add a CB to the list too. I think Peters should be gone really so we have Hobbs, Bennett, Amik, Long Jr and Hall who all seem like feisty #2 or #3 CB types so I’d add another to the mix, though not necessarily a #1 CB but more to have a bunch of capable players.

Hopefully Wilson improves but id still add another DE too as realistically we only have Crosby, Koonce and Wilson.

I Think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel though can’t we?

It’s there, it’s slightly dim, but it’s there.👍🤣

• Like 2

On 11/16/2023 at 1:34 PM, Devilshark69 said:

I will say, if a team is in the market for DL, this upcoming FA crop is decent in DTs and DEs, which is good. However, as we all know, gotta wait for tags etc. before we see who’s ACTUALLY available. Lol!!

We dont need ends we need DTs