Raiders claim CB Jack Jones

RaidersAreOne

54 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I actually would like to hold onto Zamir if possible, but I also will not be heartbroken if it is him. I think he still has potential and would like to see him get an offseason with a competent coaching staff.

Yeah, he has 17 carries. The Raiders don't use a RB2 literally ever. He can play, just hasn't gotten a lot of opportunity. 

Bolden on the other hand is simply collecting paychecks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yeah, he has 17 carries. The Raiders don't use a RB2 literally ever. He can play, just hasn't gotten a lot of opportunity. 

Bolden on the other hand is simply collecting paychecks. 

That Bolden is still on this roster is a charity case that would make Gruden blush.

10 minutes ago, Geezy said:

if he can keep his head on straight he cant be a starter for us, well worth the risk. 

Big if. But yes. Like this move for the potential. He's a good player, but at 25 years old he shouldn't have such maturity issues. 

Do we know what happened in NE recently for them to give up on him so quick?

Called it! Solid move. One of those players that will only really work for us because of Antonio Pierce, who is like a father to him. Will definitely help us on the back end. And we will have him for cheap for a few years if we retain Antonio. but of course, I get ahead of myself.

This reminds me of when Belichick benched Malcolm Butler in the Super Bowl, and got torched by Nick Foles. didn't he miss the team curfew also?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Cool with it. Why not? 

If AP can keep this guy's crap together, we have a potential stud CB. 

On the flip side, AP has been around this guy for years now and it hasn't worked, though. 

Fingers crossed though. Maybe some of our vets can provide some additional guidance. As far as guys we have on the roster currently, I can't think of any that are troublemakers. 

Too bad the Pats waived him late, we might could have sent them Jimmy for him a couple of weeks ago lol. 

And you have him on a cheap deal cheap rookie deal for the next 2 1/2 years. No way this move can Hurt you but there are 1000 ways this move can help you. The Defense appears to be shaping up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Big if. But yes. Like this move for the potential. He's a good player, but at 25 years old he shouldn't have such maturity issues. 

Do we know what happened in NE recently for them to give up on him so quick?

He had problems at USC also that ended up getting him dismissed which is how he ended up at Arizona State in the first place and also what ended up getting him drafted on the third day. But the fact remains wherever Antonio Pierce has been he has stayed out of trouble. thats good enough for me. And he's on a cheap deal so if he does do stupid stuff he can just be gone. If he keeps his head on straight and performs really well we pay him in two years. As complex as the player issue is, the signing itself is simple. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Michael Carter

I would look to add talent across the board. Michael Carter is only 24, and would easily be our 2nd best RB. Britain Brown is 26 years old. LOL. I wouldn't cut ZEUS but I would drop Bolden and bring in Carter. If you really want Bolden around for the locker room put him on IR or practice squad. Carter can catch the ball too, so he would instantly have a role as pass catcher, and fill in for Jacobs. Ameer is likely gone after the year, so Carter could have long term role. Carter was unhappy as RB3 on the Jets behind Hall/Cook. I would make a move like this, and save another mid round pick in 2024. Those picks need to be defense and OL focused. 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Would be an upgrade over White and Abdullah

I quite like Abdullah, pretty good receiving back and his blocking is good, I think he’s a good 3rd down back. That one block against the Jets was it where he blocks the DT then the blitzing linebacker was awesome for a small guy.

Plus he accidentally kung fu kicked that guy in the head once 😂

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1