Ravens TE Mark Andrews suffers season-ending ankle injury

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I get very torn on it. I think I'd need to see an actual number of tackles made via hip drop to really form an opinion. They have resulted in some significant injuries.

I think trying to fully legislate injuries out of the game is a bad idea.  But at the same time, if these type of tackles happen like once a game, I'd go ahead and ban it. 

I can't remember exactly, but I thought I saw a stat either on here or on Twitter where a certain percentage of hip drop tackles specifically result in injuries, and the percentage was rather high when compared to other types of tackles.

IF you’re going to ban it, then it needs to be reviewable, because when it’s a missed bad call and it turns out it wasn’t actually a hip drop tackle but called as such is going to screw defenses even more. A horse collar is easy to see in love time, this one you usually don’t right away.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

IF you’re going to ban it, then it needs to be reviewable, because when it’s a missed bad call and it turns out it wasn’t actually a hip drop tackle but called as such is going to screw defenses even more. A horse collar is easy to see in love time, this one you usually don’t right away.

I think it's always really obvious when a defender grabs on and drops their hips underneath an offensive player.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think it's always really obvious when a defender grabs on and drops their hips underneath an offensive player.

I’ll be honest, I genuinely only see it via replay and then say “oh yeah that looks awkward”.

26 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

why would they ban that tackle? these are the biggest, fastest  athletes  in sports, if theres anything they wanna ban let it be that rugby play 

Always easier to make defensive players out to be the villains as opposed to banning a play that helps put points on the board.

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2023 at 11:32 AM, Nobellythrower said:

why would they ban that tackle? these are the biggest, fastest  athletes  in sports, if theres anything they wanna ban let it be that rugby play 

That right there is a joke. Let's ban the play because the rest of the league "Can Not" do it as good as the Eagles, intentionally dont attempt because they suck at it, no one is getting hurt on. However keep the the drop tackle that numerous players are actually getting hurt on? 

Zero sense!