Scrabbles alpha males on the week (Steelers Edition)

sdrawkcab321

Alpha male of the week   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s the most alpha

2. 2. Least alpha

Dustin Hopkins. Literally the greatest kicker of all time 

Myles Garrett. Despite disappearing most of the game after he got poked in the eye he still played well. Coming back from an eye gouge is alpha. 

The rest of the defense except Gregg Newsome  

ME

beta males 

Stefanski for calling beta passing plays with zero creativity 

DTR  I don’t care if he won he is garbage 

@LETSGOBROWNIES

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

DTR played fine. We didn’t let him rip it until he needed to late. When he did, he looked great.

yeah I don’t think he looked nearly as bad as most seem to.  Lots of check downs and conservative throws, but that was the game plan (a game plan which worked in the end as a point of fact)

29 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I am agitated at the conservative game plan. Not the QB. 

Eh, I was at times too but I appreciate the coach not asking too much of an inexperienced player and killing our shot at a W with a dumb turnover. The way fans complained you’d think we were losing most of the game and needed multiple scores or something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, I was at times too but I appreciate the coach not asking too much of an inexperienced player and killing our shot at a W with a dumb turnover. The way fans complained you’d think we were losing most of the game and needed multiple scores or something.

Correct. I just know we are gonna need way more outta the passing game if we expect to be playing games in late January. I feel like we kinda have to, at some point, unleash DTR a little bit. Hopefully we can tune up some of these trash can teams we have coming up soon and get DTR some comfortable reps. Every pass he’s thrown in the NFL has been with a clenched butthole.

37 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

DTR played fine. We didn’t let him rip it until he needed to late. When he did, he looked great.

I am agitated at the conservative game plan. Not the QB. 

I was begging for Kevin to call something deep when our offense died in the 2nd half but we'll take the W. 

12 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Correct. I just know we are gonna need way more outta the passing game if we expect to be playing games in late January. I feel like we kinda have to, at some point, unleash DTR a little bit. Hopefully we can tune up some of these trash can teams we have coming up soon and get DTR some comfortable reps. Every pass he’s thrown in the NFL has been with a clenched butthole.

I don’t disagree with any of that, but this isn’t the game to open stuff up. That franchise kicks our *** consistently and we needed a win first and foremost.

I strongly believe in a crawl, walk, run approach and he did just fine today imo.. he had a couple bad throws, had more good throws dropped that change his numbers dramatically if they’re caught. Njoku had arguably his worst game as a pro.

I’d have like to have seen more with his legs and perhaps some max protect and take a shot, but we were in the driver’s seat most of that game and didn’t *need* to do that.

15 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I was begging for Kevin to call something deep when our offense died in the 2nd half but we'll take the W. 

Yeah me too, but between DTR being green, playing with a lead, their offense being unable to do anything of note against our defense, our tackles vs their pass rush, etc., I understand why we didn’t.

It was frustrating, but we didn’t throw the game away by asking DTR to do too much.