Week 12: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That DK qoute was fake, he never said that…. And the Geno quote wasn't real either I believe lol. 

Your points on the DBs are accurate though! 

I lose the internet today.  

sad-clown-with-balloon-production-square

I was also reading Geno's lips on the sideline after the Thomas Int, so there is a large margin for error there.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 2

I've been thinking about it more and especially after the Jets loss to the Dolphins… Kyle made Wilks come down to the sidelines and at last minute he changed the game plan to have Ward travel with Metcalf. I don't sense he has all that much respect for Wilks and is irked by some things he does. I mean he pretty much admitted he post-game that he called for more press man and tighter coverage. The HC is making calls for the DC. The defense will once again finish top 5 in nearly all categories and may even win the SB. Am I the only one that thinks even if that happens, Kyle will can Wilks for Saleh in the offseason if the latter is fired? 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've been thinking about it more and especially after the Jets loss to the Dolphins… Kyle made Wilks come down to the sidelines and at last minute he changed the game plan to have Ward travel with Metcalf. I don't sense he has all that much respect for Wilks and is irked by some things he does. I mean he pretty much admitted he post-game that he called for more press man and tighter coverage. The HC is making calls for the DC. The defense will once again finish top 5 in nearly all categories and may even win the SB. Am I the only one that thinks even if that happens, Kyle will can Wilks for Saleh in the offseason if the latter is fired? 

I can definitely see that happening and I wouldn’t be opposed to it if Saleh got fired. Doubt he will. I think he will get one more year. 

It was already mentioned awhile ago that Kyle will call some of the defensive plays too. I do like it that Lynch and Kyle both went to Ward and mentioned that he will cover their #1. He should continue to do that especially with AJ Brown coming up next. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I agree with this. I don’t think saleh will be fired after season. Maybe after next season if it’s similar to this one. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I could see it for sure.

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

I think Shanny has had a hand in defensive personnel decisions & strategy since he became a HC.

I'm sure he's had similar moments with both Saleh & Ryans at certain junctures that just were not documented.

24 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Nah, I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

I think Shanny has had a hand in defensive personnel decisions & strategy since he became a HC.

I'm sure he's had similar moments with both Saleh & Ryans at certain junctures that just were not documented.

Big difference is that those two were first year DC's while Wilks is not. I don't think it is common for a HC to change the defensive gameplan hours before the game. Heck, even Lynch was involved in that decision. Sherman's tirade from a few weeks ago was telling and he's still very close to the organization. 

1 hour ago, RSNiners said:

I agree with this. I don’t think saleh will be fired after season. Maybe after next season if it’s similar to this one. 

Three losing seasons in a row with this one likely to end terribly. I get the Rodgers injury but…… 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Three losing seasons in a row with this one likely to end terribly. I get the Rodgers injury but…… 

I feel like his biggest mistake was committing to Zach Wilson, especially with how the last season has turned out. The rest is more on the GM imo, like building everything around Rodgers including WRs like Lazard, who hasn't done anything so far and of course Hackett. Douglas' seat should be hotter, but I can see them getting another chance with a healthy Rodgers. 

6 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

I feel like his biggest mistake was committing to Zach Wilson, especially with how the last season has turned out. The rest is more on the GM imo, like building everything around Rodgers including WRs like Lazard, who hasn't done anything so far and of course Hackett. Douglas' seat should be hotter, but I can see them getting another chance with a healthy Rodgers. 

Owners can be stupid and short sighted, so I wouldn't be surprised if Saleh was canned, but it would be a huge mistake. Saleh still has that defense playing at a very high level, even though the offense is nonexistent and consistently putting them in bad spots. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

Quick throws can come from a variety of sources.  Offensive scheme, personnel, protection, defensive scheme, or QB.  You really have to use the ole visual inspection tools to determine which is which in a given play, and how many given plays create a trend, and then how that trend affects the way teams scheme everything.  Then how the scheme affects the individual plays.  I am dizzy now.

• Like 2

This throw gets more impressive everytime I see it. 

He totally sold Love that he was going to the left, up the seam.

But the footwork to open up to the opposite hash and deliver an absolute laser of a throw to that small window, in real time....sheesh!

That's what up and coming QBs do in their fifth or six year of starting.

Not in game 20.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 4

Before bye/Chase Young trade:
- 49ers: 18 total sacks in 8 games
- Bosa: 3 sacks in 8 games
- Hargrave: 3 sacks in 8 games
- Armstead: 2.5 sacks in 8 games

Since bye/trade:
- 49ers: 15 sacks in 3 games
- Bosa: 5 sacks in 3 games
- Hargrave: 3 sacks in 3 games