2023 GDT week 12 Da Steelers 6-4 Visit Da Bengals 5-5

Steeler Hitman

17 hours ago, August4th said:

I really like the Lions offense. I think we can mirror what they do after we upgrade parts of the line this offseason. we won't get their OC, but I wouldn't be mad if they interviewed one of their offensive coaches for OC.

I really like the SF offense but I am just hoping for a real NFL offense to be put in for the Steelers.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I really like the SF offense but I am just hoping for a real NFL offense to be put in for the Steelers.

I like it too. But anyone find it odd that this offense and guys under his offenses are very predicated on the quality of players?

Niners offense was good enough, but hit this level with CMC. Miamis offense was good enough last year, hit next level with Hill. I can’t think the others at this moment. 

But I’m starting to think with these guys, their real skill is in the ability to “free up” their studs (CMC/Hill) so you have to pay attention to them, so the secondary pretty damn good player (Kittle/Waddle) sees lots of good looks, making life wary on the tircerary players (Deebo&Aiyuk / Archane/Mostert/Berrios). 

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I kind of want you to get started on this guy. I’ve never seen anything about him and I know you follow the team. 

As I said, freak. He is Jamar Chase in Tee Higgins body. He glides on the field. ELITE 50/50 contested catch guy. Oh he has also returned multiple huge punt returns for us at 6-4, 220lbs. 

https://x.com/devydeepdive/status/1698697687552438411?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

He put on an absolute clinic on LSUs defense in the season opener. What he does to that LSU safety on the first touchdown is sick.

https://x.com/bussinwtb/status/1713228165286400353?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

Freak. I am biased but he’s clear WR2 behind MHJ and should be a top 10 pick. 

One more note is he was in Michigan State’s 8 man rotation on their basketball team last year under Tom Izzo.

Edited by bigben07MVP

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I like it too. But anyone find it odd that this offense and guys under his offenses are very predicated on the quality of players?

Niners offense was good enough, but hit this level with CMC. Miamis offense was good enough last year, hit next level with Hill. I can’t think the others at this moment. 

But I’m starting to think with these guys, their real skill is in the ability to “free up” their studs (CMC/Hill) so you have to pay attention to them, so the secondary pretty damn good player (Kittle/Waddle) sees lots of good looks, making life wary on the tircerary players (Deebo&Aiyuk / Archane/Mostert/Berrios). 

I still think Aiyuk is elite…I basically consider him an upgraded DJ.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

As I said, freak. He is Jamar Chase in Tee Higgins body. He glides on the field. ELITE 50/50 contested catch guy. Oh he has also returned multiple huge punt returns for us at 6-4, 220lbs. 

https://x.com/devydeepdive/status/1698697687552438411?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

He put on an absolute clinic on LSUs defense in the season opener. What he does to that LSU safety on the first touchdown is sick.

https://x.com/bussinwtb/status/1713228165286400353?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

Freak. I am biased but he’s clear WR2 behind MHJ and should be a top 10 pick. 

One more note is he was in Michigan State’s 8 man rotation on their basketball team last year under Tom Izzo.

so do you trade dionte and draft Coleman ? No way the team could keep GP, dionte and another WR drafted high as this on the same team and all get along and get enough catches

13 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

so do you trade dionte and draft Coleman ? No way the team could keep GP, dionte and another WR drafted high as this on the same team and all get along and get enough catches

I would not let either Pickens or DJ stop me from drafting Coleman. DJ has one year left on his contract after this one.

6 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I would not let either Pickens or DJ stop me from drafting Coleman. DJ has one year left on his contract after this one.

maybe dj is playing right now to see if they keep him. The Hamstring could be a deciding factor as well as how he plays the remainder of the season. Possible cap casualty/trade, but if he tears up defences like he did with carolina, I would expect him to stay and or get decent trade offers

I won't be shocked if dionte has a really good last half of the season now that canada is gone . 

5 minutes ago, 43M said:

I really like Aiyuk, but elite?   :/  People overuse that word way too much.    

I’ll correct my statement…a #1 WR.

Is he JJ or Tyreek?…no

But do I think he can be in a tier right below them in terms of #1 type WRs….Yes.

Edited by AFF

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Aiyuk is absolute max potential Diontae Johnson. It took him a while but I think he’s been elite or close to it this year. He plays on a run heavy offense with 3 other target hogs in Kittle, Deebo, and CMC. He would have better stats otherwise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

who would be the elite WR's and where would Aiyuk be if there are tiers and pay scales ?

right now it would be nice if the offence can out gain AND outscore the other team, not just in 10-7 type games either9_9

Just now, AFF said:

Is he JJ or Tyreek?…no

But do I think he can be in a tier right below them? Yes.

in the end, if the WR tears up the defence or makes them account for him, that all helps the offence.  GP is a beast but hasn't been allowed to flourish but maybe will with the nes OC. We might have a major leap in offence now that canada is gone as long as they don't ruin the run game

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

Is he JJ or Tyreek?…no

But do I think he can be in a tier right below them? Yes.

Fair enough.

Id take Aiyuk in a heartbeat, but elite seems a bit much.   I think he is a low tier 2 or high tier 3 WR.

• Like 1