2023 GDT week 12 Da Steelers 6-4 Visit Da Bengals 5-5

Steeler Hitman

14 hours ago, DR43 said:

Gary Dulac said he did not expect the Steelers to be considering drafting a QB in 2024.   He confirmed he still feels KP is a #1 type QB.  

I sure hope the steelers dont feel this way.  We should certainly take a QB, even in round 1, if such a talent is worth drafting.

But for what league?  CFL?  Arena League?

This year under Canada we threw outside the numbers 67% of the time. Overall it’s like 64% of the time.  

I don’t know what confounds me more. That number, or at that rate with how many 8+man boxes we faced you couldn’t accidentally break one off. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

This year under Canada we threw outside the numbers 67% of the time. Overall it’s like 64% of the time.  

I don’t know what confounds me more. That number, or at that rate with how many 8+man boxes we faced you couldn’t accidentally break one off. 

how about the great HOF coach that allowed all this. Are season ticket holders getting a rebate for tolerating this?

are you expecting a bounce back or even breakout game for the offence? Expecting it to be better is only natural, but  wait and see. Taylor Britt being out will be a major help anyways 

Edited by 3rivers

Just now, AFF said:

I have a feeling Minkah is one not to mess with behind closed doors.

Yea. And then Cam and TJ being the ones to pull DJ away? That’s something. Must have been Tomlin DJ was going at for the defensive guys to step in like that. I can’t imagine they would step in to defend Canada like that. Also makes me feel those “miscommunications” were on DJ because if it were on Kenny I couldn’t imagine this reaction. 

I think we’re gonna see DJ moved this offseason. 

This is the correct take, IMO. Minkah is an Alabama company man, Diontae is tired of play with the 64th of 64 coordinators. 

Strange world, real possibilities: if Chuks didn’t mouth off and if Diontae didn’t chirp…is our best OL still on the bench and is Matt Canada still our OC? 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

This is the correct take, IMO. Minkah is an Alabama company man, Diontae is tired of play with the 64th of 64 coordinators. 

Strange world, real possibilities: if Chuks didn’t mouth off and if Diontae didn’t chirp…is our best OL still on the bench and is Matt Canada still our OC? 

make one consider the fact that the players really pushed for this OC change.  If everyone took the execution blame tomlin barfs out and just accepted that and were cooperative teammates, Canada would be here until season end.  

It speaks volumes IMO  about how stubborn tomlin is and how upset the players were. These players might have some diva in them as well, but being 64/64 also says something too.

chuks is no good though, lets make sure he stays on the sidelines and then is traded. dionte might be traded as well, but for now he has to perform and get his trade value to rise ;)

yes, no complaining -> no changes for tomlin as long as he gets above .500.    chuks was terrible this year though, he better be gone next year, even if they have to cut him. I would expect a RD5 at best for him, but thanks to colbert giving him such a deal, probably cut and gone.  dionte will have trade value RD3 or more depending on what he does the rest of this season.  

Minkah - the silent enforcer will be here next year

While I think many fans are looking for massive changes in the O, here are a few things that will make today good for me:

1- Less predictable playcalling- when other teams are calling out the play before the snap  it’s never a good sign 

2- KP with the option and ability to change out of a play, ie if a screen is called and it’s man press coverage killing it and changing play

3- better distribution between our RB. Ride the hot hand and have the right guy in for the playcall

4- take a few shots downfield and over the MOF. Remember our TEs. Totally missing from our games

5- give GP an actual route tree to take advantage of his skills

If KP throws for 400/4 I certainly wouldn’t complain, but just some basic football stuff is an improvement for me, we all know the D is what we’re going to rely on and we just need a functional offense  

What are you guys hoping to see today?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

What are you guys hoping to see today?

Honestly, not much different. It would be one thing if our offense had good route designs, just with weird playcalling. I think it will take a couple weeks to tinker with the routes before the offense will look different. But, I’ve never played football. I don’t really know how long it would take to do this. It seems like a multi week process at minimum.