Week 12: Turkey Day - Cowboys vs. Commanders

D82

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There’s a real chance we might not even catch them if we win out and go 14-3.

Yes very true which is why I don’t think they’re going to the Superbowl. Team has played great at home so-so on the road. Winning all your games on the road as a wildcard is very unlikely.

21 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Yes very true which is why I don’t think they’re going to the Superbowl. Team has played great at home so-so on the road. Winning all your games on the road as a wildcard is very unlikely.

But doable. I think if the offense continues to play like it has - and the defense can get turnovers like it has - this team has a real shot at winning a championship this year. They just need to not make dumb mistakes (penalties, turnovers) at crucial moments. 

45 minutes ago, D82 said:

But doable. I think if the offense continues to play like it has - and the defense can get turnovers like it has - this team has a real shot at winning a championship this year. They just need to not make dumb mistakes (penalties, turnovers) at crucial moments. 

I have zero faith we can win @SF then @Philly in back-to-back weeks.

If we can luck into a matchup with Detroit in round 2, then I feel a lot better about a potential path to a Super Bowl.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PincheJimmy said:

Oh , definitely agree that it don’t mean squat if he don’t do in the playoffs, he’s played very well but getting into over the hump is gonna take a total team effort , he can’t do it by himself. Of course if they get knocked out, the haters will be back out with “ See , I told you he’s not a good QB” 🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

Dak’s consistency is the issue fans (not haters) have. It was the same with Romo. He is good a lot of the time, then he has stretches of where he sucks.

Can he be consistent and great when it truly matters? If Dak played an average game vs the 49ers last year, we win and go to the NFC Championship Game. He’s also looking to get paid real soon. These are the questions that can’t be answered until the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Dak’s consistency is the issue fans (not haters) have. It was the same with Romo. He is good a lot of the time, then he has stretches of where he sucks.

Can he be consistent and great when it truly matters? If Dak played an average game vs the 49ers last year, we win and go to the NFC Championship Game. He’s also looking to get paid real soon. These are the questions that can’t be answered until the playoffs.

Nah, just look around some of these threads , plenty on here who believe they will never win with Dak at QB , some even say that he’s not even any good , Hater or not 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, PincheJimmy said:

Nah, just look around some of these threads , plenty on here who believe they will never win with Dak at QB , some even say that he’s not even any good , Hater or not 🤷‍♂️

Of course they do, because Dak’s inconsistent play in the playoffs has given them serious doubt. Their criticisms have legitimacy to them. If you command high dollars, you should at least have a deep playoff run once. 

But we’ll see this year. He needs to breakthrough. 

30 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

You’re borderline describing any QB, aside from greatly exaggerating the duration where Dak’s play has slipped. Of course he’s had the odd poor performance at times in his career, and the Niners have obviously had his number, but he doesn’t go stretches of time where he “sucks”. 

Having to go play the Niners at their place come January would have to be a concern. Any other team, though? Meh.

Edited by NoFlyZone

10 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

You’re borderline describing any QB, aside from greatly exaggerating the duration where Dak’s play has slipped. Of course he’s had the odd poor performance at times in his career, and the Niners have obviously had his number, but he doesn’t go stretches of time where he “sucks”. 

Having to go play the Niners at their place come January would have to be a concern. Any other team, though? Meh.

Having receivers who don't drop passes that hit them in the hands helps too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PincheJimmy said:

Well aren't you the lucky one. Because, barring some season-ending injury to Hurts, the Iggles are going to win the bye week. That means the "Dak Prescott led Cowboys" will now have to show up and prove your, and everybody else's, defensive stance that the Dallas Cowboys can win a title with Dak Prescott starting at QB.

They're going to put their money where your mouth is.

I will be the 1st one to say that only a few weeks ago I was calling for Trey Lance to start because I was, and still am, of the belief that Prescott cannot deliver consistently in big games.

And since we arent going to win the East he is going to have to do exactly that.

I don't hate him, I don't ill wish him, I don't boooo him. I actually cheer for him, if you can believe that. But until he shows up in a big game in that moment when you realize: "A scoring drive here puts all the pressure on the other team" ie: seize the momentum OR "we got to score here or the season's over" and he DOES that, I do not have the confidence that he can.

Im sorry if that offends people on here but, like with Romo, I just haven't seen it yet.