Week 12: Turkey Day - Cowboys vs. Commanders

D82

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Nah 😎

@NoFlyZone

I of course am Happy we won. Redskins always play us hard. The offense killed today, the defense certainly had their moments. However, they did give up more yards than what would be expected and like I said in the GB thread, they moved the ball pretty well between the 20's.

The score was still 20-10 over midway thru the 3rd quarter. I never said we would lose, but that is the definition of "letting a team linger around".

Yes, I'm being a bit critical after, even after a 45 -10 "blowout".

To my point. I'm guessing your quite a bit younger than myself and a few of the others that ae "critical" or "never seem to be happy". I'm not as bad as several here and of course no names because it's not needed.  As I said last week, myself and the others I sorta mentioned last week in the other GDT remember the Cowboys from the early 80's until now. We lived through 3 straight NFCCG loses, the 1-15 '89 season, and of course the beautiful 90's. I still have VHS tapes of those SB games lol. But I remain skeptical of this current team. Just as many of us here do. We have not beaten a single team with a winning record. We have lost 2 games to winning teams and on to the stupid Cards. Until this team beats top tier teams, which will be coming up soon, I and many here will remain grounded. We've been burned to many times.

With that said, if we can continue to play the way we are against our upcoming schedule it will go a long way of telling us who this team really is. I'm not a Dak hater. There have been several less talented players to win a SB. He has the tools to take us to the SB. But it is a team game obviously. And until this TEAM shows me/us that they can win against top tier teams you will continue to see what would seem unwarranted criticism and cautious optimism and never-ending bashing from other fan bases. It's warranted.

Side note. I love your passion and optimism. If that's who you are and makes you happy, then never lose that. (Now get the F off my lawn)😉

Peace out.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

Gonna be a shame if we don't get a home playoff game.

Pretty crazy that we’re 8-3 and will probably finish with 11+ wins and still have to go on the road to face an 8 or 9 win team. We should be in the running for the 2nd or 3rd seed, not be the 5th seed.

Edited by Tony7188

2 hours ago, D82 said:

I loved the enthusiasm that Nantz had for Bland. Not for the Cowboys, but for Bland himself. Nantz was cheering the historical moment, and it must have been incredible for him to have been fortunate enough to be able to call the play. 

And Skip Bayless will be even more insufferable than usual because of this.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PincheJimmy said:

But I’ve been told on here that he’s a

horrible QB, a turnover machine , Josh Allen is better , he should he cut next season , heck, some wanted him gone this season 🤷‍♂️

The Dak debate is well beyond tiresome to me and has been for a couple of years, but what he’s done this year and specifically the past 5 weeks won’t mean ****, if he can’t replicate it come January. He has to the one to get them over the hump. If he doesn’t, we get to reboot past couple of years of questions and doubts.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

The Dak debate is well beyond tiresome to me and has been for a couple of years, but what he’s done this year and specifically the past 5 weeks won’t mean ****, if he can’t replicate it come January. He has to the one to get them over the hump. If he doesn’t, we get to reboot past couple of years of questions and doubts.

This right here! Sure it takes more than one player to win a game in post season, but he will need to be superb, he is going to have to elevate his game even further. But it’s going to have to take good complimentary football to, like they are playing right now, to get this team where it wants to go.

we need to start beating Quality teams, not just these sub .500 teams!  

9 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Pretty crazy that we’re 8-3 and will probably finish with 11+ wins and still have to go on the road to face an 8 or 9 win team. We should be in the running for the 2nd or 3rd seed, not be the 5th seed.

Unfortunately they probably won catch the eagles even with 12 wins. If they had home field I would say they have a good chance to go to the SB. With them most likely going on the road I don’t see it happening this season.

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Oh , definitely agree that it don’t mean squat if he don’t do in the playoffs, he’s played very well but getting into over the hump is gonna take a total team effort , he can’t do it by himself. Of course if they get knocked out, the haters will be back out with “ See , I told you he’s not a good QB” 🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1