DTR vs Joe Flaco

hornbybrown

DTR of Flaco  

15 members have voted

1. 1. DTR of Flaco

• DTR
    • Flaco

I think they will give DTR one more shot. He made a ton of good throws last week in the second half especially which gives me hope he can stabilize and have a game where he puts it all together for 4qtrs.

However, I feel like if he starts struggling in LA he might get yanked at halftime since this is essentially a must win game now with the loss last week to keep pace.

Im here for Joe Flacco doing his best Nick Foles impersonation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think they will give DTR one more shot. He made a ton of good throws last week in the second half especially which gives me hope he can stabilize and have a game where he puts it all together for 4qtrs.

However, I feel like if he starts struggling in LA he might get yanked at halftime since this is essentially a must win game now with the loss last week to keep pace.

Im here for Joe Flacco doing his best Nick Foles impersonation.

DTR 100% starts if he’s able to clear protocol but most folks don’t. 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

DTR 100% starts if he’s able to clear protocol but most folks don’t. 

Think I saw that the average time spent in protocol is 7-9 days.

Which would put DTR on the bench for Sunday. You would want him to have at least two practices under his belt before taking on the Rams.

I agree with @AkronsWitness - DTR was beginning to find himself in Denver. Still can't believe that a hole was not suspended. He showed he is a graduate of the James Harrison Quarterback Search and Destroy school. Also known as he is a HHP. (Head Hunting P..... - you figure it out).

That was a cheap and dirty shot eight ways to Sunday.

I view playing quarterback as basically a combination for two factors

1. Pre-Snap Ability: how well you get the team setup for success before the ball is snapped. Audible to the right play, diagnose the defense, etc 

2. Post-Snap Ability: basically throwing and running and executing the plays

Flacco was always pretty damn good at #2 but he was always horrible at #1. So many times you’d see an obvious weak side blitzer, watching at home you can tell what’s going to happen, Flacco wouldn’t see it and would get sacked, or make a panic throw; etc 

Basically I think Flacco got away with murder due to his physical tools but was always mentally behind. Now that his physical tools aren’t really there anymore I think he’s just kind of a broken player. He’s never been the kind of player who sets your team up for success based on heady decision making 

3 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

1. Pre-Snap Ability: how well you get the team setup for success before the ball is snapped. Audible to the right play, diagnose the defense, etc 

Flacco was always pretty damn good at #2 but he was always horrible at #1. So many times you’d see an obvious weak side blitzer, watching at home you can tell what’s going to happen, Flacco wouldn’t see it and would get sacked, or make a panic throw; etc 

Basically I think Flacco got away with murder due to his physical tools but was always mentally behind. Now that his physical tools aren’t really there anymore I think he’s just kind of a broken player. He’s never been the kind of player who sets your team up for success based on heady decision making 

Alphas don't think, they do!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Hes 3-14 as a starter since leaving Baltimore. However his passing stats arnt horrible....

The biggest advantage he gives is defenses dont have tape on him running the offense so the Browns might be able to surprise a few teams.

Edited by AkronsWitness

58 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hes 3-14 as a starter since leaving Baltimore. However his passing stats arnt horrible....

The biggest advantage he gives is defenses dont have tape on him running the offense so the Browns might be able to surprise a few teams.

O/U 45 pass attempts this week?

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

O/U 45 pass attempts this week?

42 pass attempts. 16 rushing attempts. Last week against the #32nd ranked rush defense in the NFL who gives up 155yds on the ground per game. SMH.

I understand this team isnt built to play from behind and score quickly to get back into games, but the complete abandonment by the run game last week as soon as they got down by 7 points was frustrating.