Turkey Day Game 1: Green Bay Packers (4-6) @ Detroit Lions (8-2)

Louis Friend

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

You guys are fortunate that the Love Is In The Air thread was closed by Webby.  Otherwise GB fans would be up in there like

pimp-walk-in-dance.gif

I'm gonna be so friggin' insufferable in this forum if he balls out vs Spags next week.

(as if I'm not already insufferable enough)

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Pugger said:

I don't understand the mindset of today's HCs going for it so often on 4th and more than 1 or 2.   That fake punt inside your own 35 was especially egregious by Campbell.

That was definitely a decision that seemed questionable at the time, but it's not like Detroit's offense was productive up until that point.  I think they had like 2 series up until that point where they moved the ball 40+ yards.

8 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Detroit does not have one of the better defensive lines in the league.... McNeil is solid and Hutch is very good but that's it.... Everyone else is meh at best.

If they win and lose by their play at the LOS as the other poster was claiming, and came into yesterday's game with the second best record in the entire league, then they must be doing well there.

Either that or it's an overall good defensive unit (10th by DVOA) that Love and co. ripped up despite numerous key injuries, but it's got to be one or the other. 

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That was definitely a decision that seemed questionable at the time, but it's not like Detroit's offense was productive up until that point.  I think they had like 2 series up until that point where they moved the ball 40+ yards.

I feel like most NFL teams are going to be better at getting the necessary yardage with their offense on the field rather than the punt team.  Particularly since Campbell has a reputation for "doing things like that" so opposing teams are going to be more alert to things like "fake punts" than against an opponent who very rarely does that sort of thing.

Like in terms of razzle-dazzle/trick plays that hinge on fooling the other team, things like "double reverse flea flickers" are a lot more sensible than fake punts since you at least have your offense on the field.