Dallas / Washington GDT and stuff

Forge

40 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Washington should be better. They’re not that bad talent-wise. Wtf. 

Abysmal coaching from the previous management. I'm convinced the only reason they haven't fired Rivera is to make sure no one comes in as an interim and ruins the tank moving forward.

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Ron Rivera, the guy with a sub .500 record and no winning seasons since Cam Newton, put all of this together.  I’d love nothing more than for the hire last month of SVP of Analytics and Strategy Eugene Chen to be the guy they put in charge of football operations, and have him hire a new GM, and they in turn hire a new head coach.  And while they do that, clear the front office of everyone.  The Marty’s, Polian, Mayhew and even Doug Williams as the ambassador or whatever role they have.  

The talent, which was already subpar, has gotten worse under Rivera.  There are one, maybe two, coaches I would keep on the staff for continuity sake.  They have $90 million in cap space and a QB who is proving to be a worthy starter in the league.  There are a lot of players who can be churned this off-season and next.  Take that time to establish a culture, see if you can get some guys on 1-2 year deals while you build that culture.  Because it’s still a losing culture.  

The Commanders need to do the football version of what the Orioles did, tear down all of the front office, coaches, etc and completely re-do the direction of the franchise with a new vision.  It won’t take 5-6 years, but it will be 1.5-2 years with how bad the team is. 

I agree with you.

I think they should move Allen and Payne in the off-season too.

19 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

One plays for Cleveland 

One plays for Dallas

Garrett better not only break the sack record but obliterate it! 

I think this is off base. Garrett making Cleveland a relevant team counts for more than anything a Dallas player can do. It’s like how Joe Thomas and Megatron were both first ballot HOFers but DeMarcus Ware wasn’t for some reason- D-Ware got knocked for not winning big games in a way you don’t if you played for Cleveland or Detroit.

Unless Bland finishes with seven or eight pick-sixes, Garrett will get the award for making CLE the best defense in the league.

58 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I think this is off base. Garrett making Cleveland a relevant team counts for more than anything a Dallas player can do. It’s like how Joe Thomas and Megatron were both first ballot HOFers but DeMarcus Ware wasn’t for some reason- D-Ware got knocked for not winning big games in a way you don’t if you played for Cleveland or Detroit.

Unless Bland finishes with seven or eight pick-sixes, Garrett will get the award for making CLE the best defense in the league.

It's no different then Trevon Diggs winning All Pro despite giving up 1,000 yds in coverage.

Splash plays sway votes, playing for the Cowboys like it or not sways votes. Cowboys making the playoffs possibly even as a #1/2 seed sways votes. The Browns despite the "best defense " in the NFL as a WC or missing the playoffs altogether,  won't.  

Now win the AFCN? Set the single season sack record within 16 gms , combo of both, there's a chance absolutely.  Do neither and Bland continues his All Pro season, votes will go his way. 

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's no different then Trevon Diggs winning All Pro despite giving up 1,000 yds in coverage.

Splash plays sway votes, playing for the Cowboys like it or not sways votes. Cowboys making the playoffs possibly even as a #1/2 seed sways votes. The Browns despite the "best defense " in the NFL as a WC or missing the playoffs altogether,  won't.  

Now win the AFCN? Set the single season sack record within 16 gms , combo of both, there's a chance absolutely.  Do neither and Bland continues his All Pro season, votes will go his way. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-defensive-player-of-the-year-odds-where-does-daron-bland-stand/

A quick Google search confirms that, even after breaking the record last night, Bland is still a distant fourth for DPOY. His hype will fade if he doesn’t get any more pick-sixes the rest of the way.

Sure, Dallas could rake in the awards if they win out and get the 1-seed. I think we both know that’s probably not happening and that they’re headed for the fifth again. Garrett is 1:1 to win this award for a reason, the defense is carrying that team in a way unlike anyone else’s is this year.