Week 13: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

Also, this game was the first in 49ers since 1992 against the Falcons to score a TD on 6 straight drives. 

Eagles didn't even have one turnover, and still got 42 dropped on them. 

5 of the 6 TD drives were at least 70 yards. 

Basically...

Funny-1168.gif

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3

So Deebo has played essentially 9 games and these are his stats (taking out his CLE stats since he got hurt on the 2nd drive)

38 catches for 590 yards, 15.5 YPR, 3 TDs (11.1 Yards per target), 27 carries 149 yards, 5.5 YPC 4 TDs

On a 17 game season, that projects out to be:

72 catches 1,114 yards, 6 TDs, 51 carries 281 yards, 7 TDs

Not bad, not bad at all. He's getting healthy and starting to peak in the 2nd half of the season. I just hope his body holds up and we get the first round bye that we badly need. 

• Like 1

Shortly after Deebo got his final TD, me and my boys were jumping up and down in excitement. Next thing I know, my Christmas tree fell over and ornaments went everywhere. 

I didn't even see the final 5 minutes of the game lol. 

I went from feeling on top of the world to sweeping up broken ornaments and cleaning up a disaster site in a matter of minutes.

Life comes at you fast, kids. 

• Like 3

Not that it is surprising but the reporters after the game were going to use this game to ask the players that it is proof that the Niners would have gone to the SB if Purdy did not get hurt....Like who the hell cares? Can we go back in time and play that game again with Purdy? No, so it's just a stupid question. 

We are starting out as 12.5 point favorites vs the Seahawks and I don't really like it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not that it is surprising but the reporters after the game were going to use this game to ask the players that it is proof that the Niners would have gone to the SB if Purdy did not get hurt....Like who the hell cares? Can we go back in time and play that game again with Purdy? No, so it's just a stupid question. 

We are starting out as 12.5 point favorites vs the Seahawks and I don't really like it. 

Also, this 9ers team and this Eagles team are not the same as they were last year. Last year's Eagles defense could cover people significantly better than this one can and was more experienced and even fiercer up front. They were more cohesively coordinated on offense. And last year, Brock was not an MVP candidate level quarterback putting up Greatest Show on Turf efficiency. He was a good quarterback putting up high level Jimmy G efficiency. I think our defense was in a better place last year. The continuity at defensive coordinator really had that unit playing beautiful football.  But it was going to be a difficult ask on the road. Especially after they were gifted a touchdown on the first drive. We were going to have to gut that sucker out like 23-20 to win. I felt pretty confident that we'd win this game if we didn't get absolutely blasted up front on offense. Last year, even if we battled close to even, they could break up enough passes and Brock could miss enough to close down the offense in spite of the opportunity. This year's offense doesn't miss such opportunities.

3 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Also, this 9ers team and this Eagles team are not the same as they were last year. Last year's Eagles defense could cover people significantly better than this one can and was more experienced and even fiercer up front. They were more cohesively coordinated on offense. And last year, Brock was not an MVP candidate level quarterback putting up Greatest Show on Turf efficiency. He was a good quarterback putting up high level Jimmy G efficiency. I think our defense was in a better place last year. The continuity at defensive coordinator really had that unit playing beautiful football.  But it was going to be a difficult ask on the road. Especially after they were gifted a touchdown on the first drive. We were going to have to gut that sucker out like 23-20 to win. I felt pretty confident that we'd win this game if we didn't get absolutely blasted up front on offense. Last year, even if we battled close to even, they could break up enough passes and Brock could miss enough to close down the offense in spite of the opportunity. This year's offense doesn't miss such opportunities.

I mean we would have been able to get to get stuff in the passing game even last year. Like the Eagles still weren't great in the MOF and our receivers could beat their corners...The corners are still the same. The pass rush was just ridiculously good and that was always going to be the biggest issue. Our defense held up in both match ups, regardless of the 31 points the Eagles put up last year. I agree that it was going to be a lower scoring game in the range you listed. But make no mistake, we would have had a great chance of winning...To me though, it is just irrelevant and creates fake headlines that don't matter. What this game proved is the Niners are a level above anyone in the NFC when they play their game and are healthy. So health is what matters the most going forward. The first round bye is crucial but it something that isn't in our control at this point. If we win out, then the odds will be in our favor of getting the #1 seed but even that won't be easy, especially with the Ravens coming in town in a few weeks. I'm just going to enjoy the ride though. This offense is special and one of the best I have seen like ever....definitely the best 49ers offense in more than a few decades. 

• Like 1

THE moment that the game swung huge. 

3rd and 7 for SF, with long field to go from the 26 yd line.

3rd quarter - 5:27 remaining - momentum strong for Iggles after closing the gap 21-13

Purdy hits Aiyuk on a comeback sideline route vs Slay Jr. 

What amazing poise and precision from our baby QBotF. 

San Francisco 49Ers Football GIF by NFL

• Like 1