SF @ PHI thread

Manny/Patrick

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

I am getting hope that he will play and I don't like it.

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Does not bode well for the niners imo 

I'd feel a lot better about a rain game with Cunningham playing, but Jalen has also been pretty spotty in bad weather this year. Here's to hoping Purdy actually sucks in the rain which I think is far from confirmed at this point lol.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

This would be 3 games in a row with sloppy rainy weather for the Eagles.

KC, Buff, SF?

Does Purdy or that team struggle in rain games? Keep seeing 49er fans not happy about any potential bad weather?

Purdy struggled gripping the ball vs Cleveland but overall hasn't had many rain games so it's more of a question mark than anything. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

When Clowney injured Wentz in his MVP season I think Philly fans would have more sympathy for us had they not won the SB, I remember a few posters here that were quite livid

Well Clowney didn't injure Wentz in the potential MVP season. He injured him 2 years later in the Wild Card round on a blatantly dirty hit that gave him a concussion. And I don't mean a questionable hit. Dude straight up dove at him with the crown of his helmet when he was already on the way to the ground. Not very similar situations when Purdy just got his arm hit on a speed rush by Reddick.

I absolutely felt sympathy for reasonable fans who were just upset that their QB got hurt. I get it. That sucks. Pretty sure most fans on here were saying that the day it happened. That said, when your fanbase and players start going on and on about how they would have won and that the Eagles were going to exposed but Purdy got hurt so it couldn't happen.... It gets old pretty quick. That is what people took exception to. We were getting ready to play in the SB and yet the headlines in the media was all about the Niners players complaining about the NFCCG.

Yeah losing Purdy sucked. Any reasonable fan agrees that completely changed the game. It is totally valid to feel robbed.... that doesn't just validate the behavior that occurred afterwards though.

But fans and players complaining about things like this is just part of sports. Having a bit of extra skin in the game only adds to the entertainment.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Well Clowney didn't injure Wentz in the potential MVP season. He injured him 2 years later in the Wild Card round on a blatantly dirty hit that gave him a concussion. And I don't mean a questionable hit. Dude straight up dove at him with the crown of his helmet when he was already on the way to the ground. Not very similar situations when Purdy just got his arm hit on a speed rush by Reddick.

I absolutely felt sympathy for reasonable fans who were just upset that their QB got hurt. I get it. That sucks. Pretty sure most fans on here were saying that the day it happened. That said, when your fanbase and players start going on and on about how they would have won and that the Eagles were going to exposed but Purdy got hurt so it couldn't happen.... It gets old pretty quick. That is what people took exception to. We were getting ready to play in the SB and yet the headlines in the media was all about the Niners players complaining about the NFCCG.

Yeah losing Purdy sucked. Any reasonable fan agrees that completely changed the game. It is totally valid to feel robbed.... that doesn't just validate the behavior that occurred afterwards though.

But fans and players complaining about things like this is just part of sports. Having a bit of extra skin in the game only adds to the entertainment.

My fault, thought he got injured 2017, but yeah the fans are making this more of a big deal than the players

1 hour ago, Manny/Patrick said:

My fault, thought he got injured 2017, but yeah the fans are making this more of a big deal than the players

The players and Shanahan didn't complain loudly after the game and in the off-season? I mean they are the reason the emergency QB rule was brought back haha.

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

The players and Shanahan didn't complain loudly after the game and in the off-season? I mean they are the reason the emergency QB rule was brought back haha.

Which is funny because even if the 49ers were able to bring in that emergency QB at the time, they were already down 21. Not sure there was much of a chance left for a 3rd stringer to come back against a top team. 

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Their situation is what spurred the rule change, however the niners didn't put that rule forward, another team did. 

4 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

It definitely stung the players at first...and honestly, it should have. I think its probably a bad sign if it didn't sting you. You should feel like you had an opportunity taken from you through ****ty luck. That's totally understandable. The eagles shouldn't apologize for winning that game, but it's okay for the niners players to feel like they were cheated (not by the eagles, just the situation). That game leading into radio row immediately following it made it seem so much worse because it's the biggest talk week of the nfl season and everyone was giving interviews when that pain was still fresh. 

But now I think most of them are kind of out of that zone and it's become way more about the fans feeling a certain way. At least I would hope so for most players. I'm sure that there are some (looking at you Deebo) who are going to talk their crap no matter what.