SF @ PHI thread

Manny/Patrick

I love that the Eagles are home dogs in this spot… I’m not surprised either, 49ers have looked better no question. I just hope the Eagles haven’t played their best ball yet, and a game like this would be a pretty good time to do that (in fantastic position for HFA with a win, but have to win out to control own destiny with a loss)

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

7 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Seeing a lot of 49ers fans worried about weather. Is Purdy awful in the rain or something? 

I think a few are spooked due to the recent outing in Cleveland where he looked shaky. The sample size is pretty small though, and in that game the 49ers couldn't run the ball well against a good defense in addition to not having Samus at all or Trent Williams late. I'd have to watch the game again, but if I recall there were a couple of key drops that made matters worse. The harping on Purdy's arm-talent/small hand size doesn't help either. That being said, if Moody makes that kick, and the 49ers win the game this probably isn't even a talking point. 

I think in the Seattle game last year it started raining later on, and the offense was fine. Game might have been out of hand at that point though. Personally, I'm not that concerned as the sample size is just not big enough to worry about it one way or the other yet. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

6 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Seeing a lot of 49ers fans worried about weather. Is Purdy awful in the rain or something? 

It's a question he has not been able to answer. He's not exactly a physical marvel even though his arm is quite functional for the NFL, and he doesn't run. This year, his one turn in bad weather, he couldn't even consistently hold the ball. I think he lost control of it 3 or 4 times against Cleveland? 

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I think a few are spooked due to the recent outing in Cleveland where he looked shaky. The sample size is pretty small though, and in that game the 49ers couldn't run the ball well against a good defense in addition to not having Samus at all or Trent Williams late. I'd have to watch the game again, but if I recall there were a couple of key drops that made matters worse. The harping on Purdy's arm-talent/small hand size doesn't help either. That being said, if Moody makes that kick, and the 49ers win the game this probably isn't even a talking point. 

I think in the Seattle game last year it started raining later on, and the offense was fine. Game might have been out of hand at that point though. Personally, I'm not that concerned as the sample size is just not big enough to worry about it one way or the other yet. 

Eagles ground crew is pretty good, but that field took a beating yesterday. Will be something to watch for sure if the forecasted rain does happen.

On face value you think oh that helps the Niners, but that’d hinder a lot of the movement they do.  On top of maybe some issues with Purdy in it if that is indeed a thing.

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Fairly unremarkable other than LG Aaron Banks. 

Will be interesting what happens with Fletch this week, otherwise it’ll be another heavy Carter/Davis game. Carter has been padding his DROY resume, sorta big national game he can cement that if the Niners don’t have a plan for him. Helps even more when you have Davis next to him also needing attention to just move all 6’6” 340 of him.

If I could bet on a single play happening this game it would be a WR handoff gets met by Carter almost immediately in the backfield at least once.

Them figuring out how to stop Carter would probably be one of the 3 things I think help the Niners get a win the most. I’d almost do what the Eagles do against Parsons and go at him some as a read. Put it on Morrow and whoever else is playing this week a LB to come up and fill the gap.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N4L said:

I think this is hilarious because of how much the eagles cried about the grass in Arizona. 

Both teams took issue with the field conditions.  It was honestly an embarrassingly bad look from the NFL.  End of the day they couldn't get stops bc their coach was too busy smoozing with the Cards ownership group rather than preparing for the Super Bowl and inability to make adjustments to how the Chiefs were attacking them.