2023 GDT Week #13 7-4 Steelers Host the 2-10 Cardinals

Steeler Hitman

VS-Steelers-41ce3bf9c8.PNG

All Time Series:  Steelers lead series 35-23-3 Last Meeting won by Steelers in Arizona 23-17

steelers-heinz-field-reportedly-becomingSunday, December 3, 2023 at 1 PM at Acrisure Stadium in Pittsburgh, PA

1433894988.0.jpg

Kenny Pickett is hoping to continue to grow off of an offensive yardage output of 400 plus yards. Hopefully yhe offense can translate yardage into points. The Steelers offense has yet to eclipse 30 points in 2023. jaylen-warren-najee-harris-fantasy-week-

The Steelers offense will rely on an improved offensive line and the two headed monster at RB of Harris and Warren.

usatsi_21390731_168388579_lowres.jpg

Kyzer White leads the Cardinals in tackles. Jalen Thompson and Buddah Baker hope to force Pickett into throwing his first INT in seven games and more than 200 pass attempts.

cac04657bba6d1ca87d39384240ff720
Former Steelers James Connor and Kevin Beachum will look to pound the Steelers defense to take pressure off Kyler Murray as he returns and rounds back into NFL game shape. The Steelers will also have to be on the lookout for Marquise Brown, Rondale White, Michael Wilson and TE Trey McBride in the passing game.

detroit-lions-v-pittsburgh-steelers.jpg

The Steelers offense is long overdue to get this guy smiling. Hint: Throw the ball to him more and the TD passes will increase.

0*F0y1bmOEzCFCcPE_

The Steelers have an opportunity to get better and continue to find an offensive identity in the post Matt Canada offense. I do not see the team taking the Cardinals lightly and this being a usual Steelers trap game/letdown.  The Steelers will want to possess the ball and force as many three and outs for Kyler Murray and the Arizona offense.  This is a game where TJ and Alex may get to reintroduce themselves to their former teammates and Kyler Murray.

Arizona will be prepared for Muth this week, so I think Pickens will create havoc in the Arizona secondary. Jalen will bounce back with a better game and Najee will hopefully be able to play "smasher" in the second half pounding the ball and preserving a lead and closing the game out. This will hopefully be a week that the hard work pays off and the team wins by more than a possession (one score).  I predict that the Steelers get out front and put their foot on the gas in the second half. Holding onto the football will be key. Steelers should improve to 8-4. Steelers over Cardinals 27-17.

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-olb-t-j-watt-now-favorite-for-nfl-defensive-player-of-the-year/

he plays a rook this week , see how this goes. I think he will do better vs Paris than Dawan . 

a few players are near the lead for sacks this season.  It might be the season the record gets broken.

Edited by 3rivers

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I feel like we haven't won a game handily since before Ben's injury. I'm probably forgetting one but it seems like it's been a long time. 

we beat the browns 28-14 last yr, but I think that game was close going into the 4th. it be nice to have a game where we are cruising to like a 27-10 lead going into the 4th. I can't think of the last time we had a game like that. maybe when we scored 50+ against car all the way back in 2018 lol

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I feel like we haven't won a game handily since before Ben's injury. I'm probably forgetting one but it seems like it's been a long time. 

dionte vs the panthers? I forgot the score, but they couldn't stop him.  Seems like forever since this team has won  convincingly ,

painfully agree on that. 

a suffering fanbase we are were

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

When they Steelers make the playoffs and their opponents QBs start dropping, we can talk.

how about getting a high seed, hosting a playoff in bad weather and winning vs a team that has no major injuries. Just straight up old school january football. 

now if QB's dropping means getting sacked to the point the defence wins the game, that could happen once we actually have key players on defence and of course our offence scores points . This will allow the pass rushers to  be turned loose, Herbig included

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

When they Steelers make the playoffs and their opponents QBs start dropping, we can talk.

https://steelersnow.com/cardinals-hit-with-serious-injury-bug-before-steelers-game/

If this happens,  it is a new streak the team has going. Not sub 400 yards and being outgained anymore, instead the opposition has the injury rash.