2023 GDT Week #13 7-4 Steelers Host the 2-10 Cardinals

Steeler Hitman

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

At some point, teams will start challenging the ILB in covering TEs down the seam.  That is how I would attack the Steelers.

if we play man coverage  can the FS be center field  ready for INT from the seam passes?

Benton, Cam and Ogunjobi  need to keep the pocket collapsing in the middle to make throws more of a challenge here to

so here is a player of an opponent that will be out now.  Maybe we should start a poll here for who will be out for our next opponent seeing that we are getting all these breaks as of late. Up until the canada firing, we couldn't get a break, now we are getting healthy and the opponents are losing key players and schedule is easier as well. 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think Tre Mcbride is the future for them at TE. They probably released Ertz so they could get more of a look at Mcbride. They still have Marquise Brown too. He's got a lot of speed. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cardinals-hit-with-serious-injury-bug-before-steelers-game/ar-AA1kKDDe?cvid=e00dd1db137a4e02a9a75cfdb0093b5b&ei=34

see what I mean? Seems like they have nobody left.  I think I saw this after I posted the above 

we better not lose this game if they have nobody left. I can see Connor having a good game though, he has been really good and our run defence still isn't where it should be at

9 hours ago, 3rivers said:

if we play man coverage  can the FS be center field  ready for INT from the seam passes?

Benton, Cam and Ogunjobi  need to keep the pocket collapsing in the middle to make throws more of a challenge here to

Looks like MF will be back this week so I will fee a little better but the Steeler ILBs are better downhill than running and covering.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jebrick said:

Looks like MF will be back this week so I will fee a little better but the Steeler ILBs are better downhill than running and covering.

With Minkah coming back and the schedule of QBs we face I think this defense can go on a dominant run to close out the season. I think we have found something with Trenton Thompson and the whole defense has looked better since he’s been in the lineup over Neal. Front 7 has been playing excellent and Heyward is looking more and more like himself each week. 

15 hours ago, jebrick said:

bait them to throw down the middle, Minkah starts getting caught up on his INT's to meed quota

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

With Minkah coming back and the schedule of QBs we face I think this defense can go on a dominant run to close out the season. I think we have found something with Trenton Thompson and the whole defense has looked better since he’s been in the lineup over Neal. Front 7 has been playing excellent and Heyward is looking more and more like himself each week. 

I thought Thompson was better in preseason , so lets see if he can stay on the active roster. Wither others injured, he might be able ot and if he keeps playing well, they might just IR another player to keep him active. 

this is a good time for such a run as  the opponents appear to be easier and the defence is actually healthy and on the field for a change.  From here on is what the defence should have been,  with Porter, Thompson, Roberts and the rest out there. Herbig should get his share of snaps but Golden is  good too.  If they play a dime with Herbig as the MLB, maybe they can blitz him there as well. 

Offensively speaking, DW is out there road grading, Jones is starting and no more canada. 

Now if the ST can get back to playing properly, no bad kickoffs or punts

Edited by 3rivers

5 hours ago, 43M said:

Dulac needs to go away.   He isnt as insufferable as Mark Madden, but he is a lot closer than he should be.

The thing is, I do have a major problem with Diontaes actions, but no one has any business comparing him to AB. AB never owned up to anything he did wrong. While Diontae didn't do so immediately, he did so within the same literal week. 

They're young, they're immature, they got room to grow.

AB was on his 2nd contract when his meltdown happened.

The 2 situations are not even a little bit the same.

I cannot stand Gerry Dulac. Not even a big Bouchette fan.