Week 14: VIKINGS (6-6) at Raiders (5-7)

swede700

56 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Glad that Dobbs gets another start. I think he's the man right now. We're too deep in to this playoff race to make any more QB changes unless we have to. Now, if we have no shot at the playoffs the last week or two, I'd be down to start Hall and see what he's got. Right now we roll with Dobbs

I can see it now, Vikings drop out of the playoff picture maybe in part due to Dobbs play, only to start Hall in week 17/18, where maybe he looks more effective, and finishing 8th in conference with no playoffs and drops our draft position. Sooo Vikings. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

If they are going to change the game plan this week, why didn't they appear to make any adjustments last week? Other teams seem to adjust at half time.

What's the game plan adjustment for "stop dropping passes that turn into INTs"?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

ya, that was the only issue, which is why they are changing things this week....

Not the only issue, but certainly the biggest one. By a wide margin. I do hope they throw in the "don't turn it over" play in the game plan this week though. It's been very effective when they use it.

The Raiders made an addition to their defensive line coming out of their bye week.

Defensive end Janarius Robinson has been signed to the active roster off of the practice squad. There was no corresponding move needed to open a spot on the 53-man roster for Robinson.

Robinson was a 2021 fourth-round pick of the Vikings. He spent his rookie season on injured reserve and then went back on the list in 2022 after the Eagles signed him off the Vikings practice squad.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/raiders-sign-janarius-robinson-to-active-roster

who? i sure don't remember this guy.

27 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

seems like that should have been the goal last week....some serious self owning going on here.

It’s very difficult to switch things up mid season, and it’s usually why it doesn’t happen until the bye week when coaches have time to sit down and reassess. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s very difficult to switch things up mid season, and it’s usually why it doesn’t happen until the bye week when coaches have time to sit down and reassess. 

are we suggesting they can't make adjustments at half time now? That teams don't do that all the time? That they weren't doing their best to use his skills? And we're good with that? I mean, after two weeks, KOC was a genius at adjusting.....at least that's what I read here.

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

are we suggesting they can't make adjustments at half time now? That teams don't do that all the time? That they weren't doing their best to use his skills? And we're good with that? I mean, after two weeks, KOC was a genius at adjusting.....at least that's what I read here.

Can we be any more obtuse?