Week 14: VIKINGS (6-6) at Raiders (5-7)

swede700

Dobbs received no assurances from O’Connell that he will continue to start past Sunday. “Our whole mentality, coming out of this bye, is about 60 minutes on Sunday,” O’Connell said.

Translation: Let’s get through Sunday before worrying about anything else.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-decision-start-josh-dobbs-qu-nick-mullens-jaren-hall-kevin-oconnell/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2-PAzYR26TNkkNumqdvpTan7ryOh-3sNAQUDYaoCbnF7KQmTnxZv2E1Rs

On 12/6/2023 at 5:35 AM, vike daddy said:

Hey RAIDER NATION!

get yer chrome tipped, feathered, chained, tattooed, and self-doubting so hard you have to dress up like a maniac butts in here, and tell us what you got for this game!

TELL US WHAT YOU GOT!!

@Jerry @NYRaider @Angleae @Geezy @big_palooka @ronjon1990 @RaidersForever @Tank4Drake @NickButera @Rich7sena @RaidersAreOne @Nightmare @Styrian Raider @Darbsk @MrOaktown_56 

even your online names are silly. you are all silly, silly boys!

I don't know how I got the unexpected honour to be on the illustrious list of Raiders posters,
but anyway:

From our side it will depend on what "counter moves" we implemented on offense in the bye week.
The games against KC and MIA showed that our initial game plan worked, but we weren't able to make adjustments afterwards.
Also a big question for me is how we can handle the blitz-heavy defense from Brian Flores.

on our defense side I think it all depends on if Maxx is able to play or not. Without him we will have a hard time, I think.

• Like 1

I love Viking fans. Y'all are a passionate bunch.

Will be interesting to see both teams coming off a bye. Not sure how the Raiders will look post bye. The offense has had no identity. Has looked fantastic to start games, but has fizzled as the games gone on. Part of that we have to believe is a first time play caller and rookie QB learning and installing a new offense post Josh McDaniels. 

They have been almost stubborn trying to run the ball. Save a couple big runs, it's been ineffective. Adams has gotten off to a hot start, but seemingly isn't targeted in the second half of games. The expectation coming off the bye is they had time to install more of what they want to do to have a counter.

The Raiders defense has exceeded expectations. They are a spirited group, but lack talent at each level. They are scrappy and can create turnovers. 

KOC can coach circle around Pierce who doesn't have an identity outside motivational platitudes. He's been frustratingly conservative at times and then uncessarily aggressive at others.

Really comes down to whether the Raiders see Jeckyl or Dobbs in this one. If he can stay on schedule, get the ball to Jefferson and stay in 3rd and manageable, that should be all they need to do while the Raiders offense sputters. That said, the Raiders offense could have a breakout game and that wouldn't surprise me at all either.

Selfishly, most Raider fans just want draft position and a shot at a new QB. I'm sure you guys feel the same. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I love Viking fans. Y'all are a passionate bunch.

aww. how sweet.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Selfishly, most Raider fans just want draft position and a shot at a new QB. I'm sure you guys feel the same. 

nah, we want to win. and have been infuriated by our last two totally unnecessary losses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

aww. how sweet.

nah, we want to win. and have been infuriated by our last two totally unnecessary losses.

Agreed, unlike the AFC, which @big_palooka's team is in, the NFC is a mass of mediocrity, so the playoffs are well within grasp. Those 2 extremely winnable games that ended in losses were maddening.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 3

On 12/5/2023 at 8:35 PM, vike daddy said:

Hey RAIDER NATION!

get yer chrome tipped, feathered, chained, tattooed, and self-doubting so hard you have to dress up like a maniac butts in here, and tell us what you got for this game!

TELL US WHAT YOU GOT!!

@Jerry @NYRaider @Angleae @Geezy @big_palooka @ronjon1990 @RaidersForever @Tank4Drake @NickButera @Rich7sena @RaidersAreOne @Nightmare @Styrian Raider @Darbsk @MrOaktown_56 

even your online names are silly. you are all silly, silly boys!

I hope the Vikings are ready for the most well thought out offensive game plan of all time.  It's called the run, run, pass!!! As long as the Vikings never figure it out, we should only lose by 14 points.

• Like 3

The Vikings and Raiders are two of the most turnover-prone teams in the league, with the Vikings minus 8 (tied for 29th worst) and the Raiders minus 7 (tied for 27th). The Vikings lead the NFL in fumbles lost (14), and the Raiders have thrown the most interceptions (17).

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/vikings-insider/the-gm-view/wise-move?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 1

Bleacher Report NFL analyst Maurice] Moton: "Last week, the Raiders released cornerback Marcus Peters, so they'll have to change up their personnel in the secondary with Justin Jefferson set to return, which isn't an ideal situation. In recent weeks, Peters had been a major liability in coverage, but the Raiders may not have an answer for one of the few wide receivers who can compete with Davante Adams for the title of the best at the position. The Vikings also have an emerging wideout in rookie first-rounder Jordan Addison. Don't forget that Las Vegas has a weakness up front with its 25th-ranked run defense."

https://www.vikings.com/news/nfl-expert-picks-raiders-predictions-vary?fbclid=IwAR1gcFWW7mPhXU1eQfiUmxslov6E5jT4XwTAUKM6103AzgDpkiMoT9F_d4k

• Like 1