Week 14 GDT: Eagles v. Cowboys - Keep those NFCE Championship Dreams Alive

D82

2205620b7add1fad874c2d41ed0bf511x.jpg

Dallas coming off a tough win against Seattle

Philly coming off a blowout loss to San Francisco

Dallas needs to win this game in order to keep their hopes at winning the division and possibly getting the #1 seed alive. 

Let's see what happens. 

• Like 1

I don't often do this, but I'm going Cowboys in a tight one, Aubrey 48 yarder 3 seconds left, 30 to 28 Boys.

If not, may as well try to win next 3 games, lock up a WC, rest players final 2 weeks because we would be going to either SF or Philly again. 

I dont see anyone (Det, Minn, NO, Atl, GB) beating us in a WC game.

This is a strange game.   The teams are evenly matched personal wise but we have a slight edge I feel when we are healthy.  Normally coaching is a weakness for us but I have seen Philly make some bone head decisions also.   
ONE huge plus for Philly in this game is short yardage situations.  Against us Philly went for it on 4-1 any where on the field while we struggle to convert those situations even third 1.  
while Dak is a better QB.  Brown and Smith combo helps them and Hurts can be more dynamic running escaping then Dak at times.  
even with the Philly fans Miami g about refs to be fair Philly had a huge edge against us by non calls and some cheap calls as well and in all their close games I saw a lot of generous calls that really helped them out.  Meanwhile normally refs are not our friend
the keys-  no turn overs as usual.  Some how hope the D can reassert themselves a bit and actually not only force a punt but give our offense a little better field position.   
WE should win this game by more then 1 score but Philly will be desperate to show they are top dog and that changes things 

3 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

I don't often do this, but I'm going Cowboys in a tight one, Aubrey 48 yarder 3 seconds left, 30 to 28 Boys.

If not, may as well try to win next 3 games, lock up a WC, rest players final 2 weeks because we would be going to either SF or Philly again. 

I dont see anyone (Det, Minn, NO, Atl, GB) beating us in a WC game.

Who are you 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Who are you 

No, this one has us written all over it. Philly will play us tough, they ALWAYS do. They will be out to gain some respect back, but I think they underestimate us due to the "but who did you beat?" Ish.

I say this because I have been BLASTING sports radio here and listening to the idiots. They aren't even CONSIDERING Dallas as a legit contender. All they've talked about for the past 48 hours is playing SF in the NFCCG.

You see, that is the Philly fan. You'd have thought they would have learned their lesson when the Phillies, who I cheer for, came back to Philly needing only 1 win out of 2 home games to go to the World Series. 

These idiots already had the baracades on S Broad street!

But, they lost both. 

And here we are. All week I was getting texts saying " C'mon Dave, we're the best team in the NFL. We beat em all, we will beat SF and then you guys." 

They get a sniff of success, and BOOM, these idiots have them hoisting Vince.

I think they are so angry about SF, they are completely overlooking us and even Sea. 

We will see, but I like our team this week.

• Like 1

Forgot where I posted this but I don’t know if it changed over the last few years and I missed it but I guess common opponents is ahead of conference record in division tie breakers. So I was wrong a loss to Detroit doesn’t hurt us if Philly loses to Seattle after losing to us if we win all the other games.   This though would likely put us three seed behind SF and Detroit….

18 minutes ago, quiller said:

Forgot where I posted this but I don’t know if it changed over the last few years and I missed it but I guess common opponents is ahead of conference record in division tie breakers. So I was wrong a loss to Detroit doesn’t hurt us if Philly loses to Seattle after losing to us if we win all the other games.   This though would likely put us three seed behind SF and Detroit….

I mean, your logic wasn't wrong. The Eagles still have to play the Cardinals. If they win, common opponents is tied, right? So it would go to conference record. If they lose, well, we probably aren't talking about a tiebreaker anymore anyway.

2 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

I mean, your logic wasn't wrong. The Eagles still have to play the Cardinals. If they win, common opponents is tied, right? So it would go to conference record. If they lose, well, we probably aren't talking about a tiebreaker anymore anyway.

Right now common opponents we lost too Az and SF.  They have lost to SF and the Jets.   The only game left for either of us that is not a common opponent is us and Detroit. Thus we beat them Sunday then they lose to Seattle or any other game they have left we just need to beat Miami Buffalo and Washington.   To be honest I personally though feel the road game at Buffalo is the hardest test we have left followed by at Washington primarily due to weather then Miami due to the speed of their WR.   

4 hours ago, quiller said:

Right now common opponents we lost too Az and SF.  They have lost to SF and the Jets.   The only game left for either of us that is not a common opponent is us and Detroit. Thus we beat them Sunday then they lose to Seattle or any other game they have left we just need to beat Miami Buffalo and Washington.   To be honest I personally though feel the road game at Buffalo is the hardest test we have left followed by at Washington primarily due to weather then Miami due to the speed of their WR.   

Ahhh, my bad. You're right. For some reason I wasn't thinking of the hopeful loss to Seattle as being a common opponent, I was only thinking about it being a loss.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I wonder how much our current 14 game home winning streak has to do with that?

Typically home field advantage is factored in at about 2.5-3 points. Our winning streak might help slightly, but it’s not pushing it to 3.5. That number is a clear indicator that the market thinks Dallas is the superior team at a neutral site.

• Like 1