Week 14: San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

11 minutes ago, typecast said:

I meant we want to take them on like "We want Bama"

Ronnie Lott clocking Aiyuk over the middle. Nah I'm straight homie lol. 

Meanwhile...

Bosa: "WTF...did that dude just try to cut block me???"

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Big time company when dusting off the history books. 

A lot of legendary teams on that list.. TBH if it does end up the way we want, Baltimore would be a good opponent. If we could beat them in the end everything comes full circle

One concern I have with all these blowouts is that Moody still isn't battle tested in big moments. He missed against Cleveland and hit a fairly big one against Minnesota but overall he hasn't been needed. There's going to be a game or two in the playoffs where he's going to have to make a big pressure kick to either win the game or seal the deal. He hasn't missed in weeks and overall has been rock solid but it's something to think about heading into the postseason. The Ravens game and possibly the Rams in week 18 is where he will be needed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

#LaunchCodes

Yay for Brandon Aiyuk's 2nd straight 1K+ season. 

Kittle has 811 yards and Deebo has 739 yards. Can either or even both surpass the 1,000 yard mark themselves? Deebo would have been close already had he not missed three games but there's a chance we have three 1,000 yard receivers. Amazing. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude's footwork is so good and smooth compared to last season. One good thing about his elbow injury was that since he could not throw for most of the offseason, he was able to spend time working on his footwork and it clearly shows. 

He pulled a page out of The Flintstones book and took a ballet class.

*goes back into hiding for 3 years*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude's footwork is so good and smooth compared to last season. One good thing about his elbow injury was that since he could not throw for most of the offseason, he was able to spend time working on his footwork and it clearly shows. 

To me that is the biggest difference from last year.

Very few false steps & extra hitches.

Feet are quick & precise. Even when resetting.

It's like watching Kobe on the elbow/high post, in his prime.

The footwork sets up everything to beautifully follow it. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, adamq said:

Is Josh Allen a franchise qb? He hasn't won a super bowl

I can't consider Josh Allen a franchise QB since he turns the ball over so many times. If Josh Allen's mobility was equivalent to Tom Brady then he'd be no better than a Kirk Cousins. Josh Allen's legs are what saves him the same way Jalen Hurts legs cover up for him as well. That's the reason I don't care for run first QB's like Josh Allen or Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields etc. If you take away the run and keep them inside the pocket then you can really make them look bad.

11 hours ago, jonnguy2015 said:

By NFL Network's metric the only active franchise QBs in the NFL are Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, and Matthew Stafford

Of that list of QB's you mentioned the only one who's currently a franchise QB is Patrick Mahomes. Rodgers used to be a franchise QB. 

5 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Of that list of QB's you mentioned the only one who's currently a franchise QB is Patrick Mahomes. Rodgers used to be a franchise QB. 

Then by your standard, Patrick Mahomes is the only franchise QB currently in the NFL because nobody outside those five has won a Super Bowl.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/11/kyle-shanahan-promised-christmas-present-49er-who-get-under-dk-metcalf-skin

One day before the 49ers’ Sunday win over the NFC West-rival Seahawks, San Francisco coach Kyle Shanahan held a team meeting at the Santa Clara Marriott and predicted a Metcalf meltdown, according to the San Francisco Chronicle’s Michael Silver. The meeting included video clips featuring past fits of rage from Metcalf, and Shanahan wanted his team to capitalize on the potential weakness. He added an incentive to get his point across. 

“We will get 14 [Metcalf] to lose his mind,” Shanahan told his players, per the report. “Christmas present for whoever gets him.”

Could easily see them at least fining Shanny for this, if not some other penalty. You can't incentivize your team to get under the skin of an opposing player and make them "lose their mind" 

Shanny has been around the NFL his entire life, even if nothing comes out of this, why even take the risk?

• Like 2