Don't You Dare MOCK Us!

vike daddy

27 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Would it make any sense to trade up before the draft to 5 and then on draft day yet to trade up to 3 or 4 depending on which QB is available but if you can't trade up to get the 3rd QB they could still be almost guaranteed to get the 4th? Or would that just make a team trade to 4 in front of the Vikings?

I think that if you're trading up before the draft, you've identified your guy and are moving to assure that you get him. If you don't know if he'll be available at 5, then you trade up higher or don't trade at all. It would be terrible form to trade up to #5 and lose out because someone jumps over you. I do not believe they will trade up before the Cardinals and Chargers are on the clock. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Would it make any sense to trade up before the draft to 5 and then on draft day yet to trade up to 3 or 4 depending on which QB is available but if you can't trade up to get the 3rd QB they could still be almost guaranteed to get the 4th? Or would that just make a team trade to 4 in front of the Vikings?

that's the risk you take with a pre-Draft trade. i think it's better to have your trade worked out in advance with the other team, but it isn't announced.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I think that if you're trading up before the draft, you've identified your guy and are moving to assure that you get him. If you don't know if he'll be available at 5, then you trade up higher or don't trade at all. It would be terrible form to trade up to #5 and lose out because someone jumps over you. I do not believe they will trade up before the Cardinals and Chargers are on the clock. 

I wonder if new England would be more likely to trade back to 5. Maybe they could work out a trade with both teams before hand if they think there is a big gap between the 3rd and 4th QBs.

Does that ever happen where a team makes 2 trades to move up?

I think any trade they make is going to be a draft-day trade, because they likely are going to want to wait to see what happens at 1 and 2 especially before they pull the trigger on any actual deal.  They can work out a framework with a team before the draft that if such and such happens, we'd be ready to make a deal with you, gathering the idea of what it would take to do so. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I think any trade they make is going to be a draft-day trade, because they likely are going to want to wait to see what happens at 1 and 2 especially before they pull the trigger on any actual deal.  They can work out a framework with a team before the draft that if such and such happens, we'd be ready to make a deal with you, gathering the idea of what it would take to do so. 

Also, I'm not convinced NE drafts a QB at 3. The smart move for them, I feel, is taking Harrison Jr, as he's more of a sire thing than any of the QB's.

If they do that, is AZ trading down at 4...?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Also, I'm not convinced NE drafts a QB at 3. The smart move for them, I feel, is taking Harrison Jr, as he's more of a sire thing than any of the QB's.

If they do that, is AZ trading down at 4...?

No way. They might not be in position to take a QB this high again any time soon. You need a QB in this league. Take a QB. Unless they believe in Nix or Penix (and trust they'll be there in round 2)

Edited by PrplChilPill

I don't see New England not taking a QB at 3 but maybe there is a chance they have nightmares after their previous 1st rd QB and elect to go with the best player in the draft Harrison Jr.

• Like 1

I get the argument for NE not taking a QB and I am of the belief it would behoove them to trade down or take MHJ. They have a new GM and HC who are not on the hot seat and can build the team up so a QB can fit in better. They're staring at another top 10 pick next year IMO.

What a dream scenario it would be...

1.1 Bears: QB1
1.2 Commanders: QB2
1.3 Patriots: MHJ
1.4 Cardinals: OT1/Nabers
1.5 Vikings: QB3

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

No way. They might not be in position to take a QB this high again any time soon. You need a QB in this league. Take a QB. Unless they believe in Nix or Penix (and trust they'll be there in round 2)

i can see NE taking Harrison at 3 and getting back into the late 1st for Penix.

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

other than... if the Cardinals are thinking of trading out of #4 if NE takes Harrison at 3, then us being at 5 doesn't get it done.

and if AZ is facilitating another team getting a top end QB (supposedly) then they'd rather see that team be in the AFC, like Denver or Las Vegas.

7 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I get the argument for NE not taking a QB and I am of the belief it would behoove them to trade down or take MHJ. They have a new GM and HC who are not on the hot seat and can build the team up so a QB can fit in better. They're staring at another top 10 pick next year IMO.

top 10 isn't top 3.....in a draft with 3-4 supposedly elite QBs....

• Like 1