2024 Top FA Signing

HuskieBear

2024 Top FA Signing  

22 members have voted

1. 1. We only sign 1 "top" FA - which position/player would you want?

• DE - Hunter/Young/Burns/Allen
    • DT - Madubuike/Wilkins/Jones
    • WR - Higgins/Evans/Ridley/Pittman
    • C - Williams/Biadasz
    • RB - Henry/Barkley
    • FS - Stone/Winfield

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Why no to Samuel for you? 

I take it back.  I was thinking he was someone else.  A WR that used to play for KC - Hardman.

I honestly don’t have an opinion on Samuel one way or other at moment.  I don’t recall a lot about him.

• Like 1

Samuel is one of those overlooked “post-hype” guys who would be perfect as a slot.

He’s a consistent producer with speed and RAC ability. And he’s been held back by QB play throughout his career so he’s well-prepared for Chicago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, refundmytickets said:

Samuel is one of those overlooked “post-hype” guys who would be perfect as a slot.

He’s a consistent producer with speed and RAC ability. And he’s been held back by QB play throughout his career so he’s well-prepared for Chicago.

Exactly, and the hope is that after you draft a guy high he’s your 3rd best WR by 2025 if not sooner. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Exactly, and the hope is that after you draft a guy high he’s your 3rd best WR by 2025 if not sooner. 

Absolutely. And I’d argue Samuel would be an above-average WR3 next season.

His career got derailed early and people forgot about him. But he gives you 600+ yards per season consistently and some gadget play ability.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, refundmytickets said:

Absolutely. And I’d argue Samuel would be an above-average WR3 next season.

His career got derailed early and people forgot about him. But he gives you 600+ yards per season consistently and some gadget play ability.

This draft has several receivers in the first few rounds who profile as X receivers too: MHJ, Odunze, Coleman, Thomas, Mitchell and Legette all immediately come to mind. 

BEGIN'S RANT:

I'm not sure why this annoys me but, NFL analyst seem to never have us as the best fit, or most likely to be the team to sign big time FAs. It's so rare to click on an article and see. I know we have been a poorly run organization for a while but come on! 

ENDS RANT

(The perception of me being petty is not lost on me. I embrace it in all of its glory).

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

BEGIN'S RANT:

I'm not sure why this annoys me but, NFL analyst seem to never have us as the best fit, or most likely to be the team to sign big time FAs. It's so rare to click on an article and see. I know we have been a poorly run organization for a while but come on! 

ENDS RANT

(The perception of me being petty is not lost on me. I embrace it in all of its glory).

I feel that way too, but I’m also always reading those things only through a Bears lens. The writers of those things have to look to appease the needs of readers from 31 other fan bases too so I’m sure they take great effort to link somebody to pretty much everywhere. 

Just finished doing my FA Big Board and as much as I would love to start spending some of our cap on offensive talent there just isn't a ton of guys worth huge money on that side of the ball and a lot of the guys who are either play RB or Center which are issues considering the positional value of RB & the fact Ryan Bates could already be our starting centre...on the defensive side of the ball I have guys at DE, DT, NB (if we wanted to move Kyler to safety) and safety itself.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Just finished doing my FA Big Board and as much as I would love to start spending some of our cap on offensive talent there just isn't a ton of guys worth huge money on that side of the ball and a lot of the guys who are either play RB or Center which are issues considering the positional value of RB & the fact Ryan Bates could already be our starting centre...on the defensive side of the ball I have guys at DE, DT, NB (if we wanted to move Kyler to safety) and safety itself.

i thought about the KG to FS move before last offseason predicting the ejax release, but with how many safeties are on the market rn it doesnt make sense. Terrell Smith moving there makes more sense than KG.

i agree with you, outside of the RB position, is there anyone we want to spend our money on besides a WR3 or a TE2? Makes me think if they go with a Hunter/Wilkins in FA that WR is our 2nd first this year with our 3/4/4 some combination of OL/TE2/RB

Just now, HuskieBear said:

i thought about the KG to FS move before last offseason predicting the ejax release, but with how many safeties are on the market rn it doesnt make sense. Terrell Smith moving there makes more sense than KG.

i agree with you, outside of the RB position, is there anyone we want to spend our money on besides a WR3 or a TE2? Makes me think if they go with a Hunter/Wilkins in FA that WR is our 2nd first this year with our 3/4/4 some combination of OL/TE2/RB

Kyler would make a far better safety than Smith IMO...Kyler seems more instinctive and just as physical...only guy I move Kyler to safety for is Kenny Moore II because I know under Flus he is the best nickel in all of football...

Other than that this safety market is insane...stay away from top end money for Simmons and aim for the middle ground and your on to a winner.

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

running a quick, no-trade sim, assuming our big FA is a DE/DT with a RB thrown in there too

1) CW

9) Rome

75) Ben Sinnott

111) Tanor Bortolini

129) Luke McCaffrey

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Kyler would make a far better safety than Smith IMO...Kyler seems more instinctive and just as physical...only guy I move Kyler to safety for is Kenny Moore II because I know under Flus he is the best nickel in all of football...

this was literally my suggestion in august