2024 Top FA Signing

HuskieBear

2024 Top FA Signing  

22 members have voted

1. 1. We only sign 1 "top" FA - which position/player would you want?

• DE - Hunter/Young/Burns/Allen
    • DT - Madubuike/Wilkins/Jones
    • WR - Higgins/Evans/Ridley/Pittman
    • C - Williams/Biadasz
    • RB - Henry/Barkley
    • FS - Stone/Winfield

9 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Eagles reportedly shopping Josh Sweat and Hassan Reddick.  Steelers reportedly shopping WR Diontae Johnson.

Unless it’s a player swap I don’t see us trading for any players with our limited draft capital.

With that said, Fields for Diontae straight up? 🤔

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Unless it’s a player swap I don’t see us trading for any players with our limited draft capital.

I saw someone mention that and would pull the trigger immediately.

33 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Eagles reportedly shopping Josh Sweat and Hassan Reddick.  Steelers reportedly shopping WR Diontae Johnson.

Diontae is intriguing as a #2... Justin Fields for Diontae Johnson and a 4th?

25 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I saw someone mention that and would pull the trigger immediately.

Just now, chisoxguy7 said:

Diontae is intriguing as a #2... Justin Fields for Diontae Johnson and a 4th?

TIL I'm greedier than you guys

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1766481559031271482?t=4eZhm_tnQqb8uCkBULBvlw&s=19

Sweat brother bookends, whodda thunk it?

5.4M CAP to the trading team. I'd offer a 2025 3rd with possibility to increase to 2nd based on performance.

Who says NO?

18 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

For the love of God can the man get a multi-year deal??? 

I don't get it. Like does the longsnapper have some sort of risk for physical decline that makes him ineffective? Lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I just don't think Fields is as valuable as we hope.

For a dude who has been the very best at everything his entire life it has to be a bit humbling or shocking to suddenly be being picked near last in gym class.  

As much as I have always loved Saquon I wonder of Josh Jacobs might be our actual target...a little young...little cheaper but still with an outstanding all round skill set and a better injury history...him, Herbert & Roschon would be a special backfield.

• Like 1

The more I’ve looked over our FA options at WR the more I’ve come back on the idea of adding KJ Osborn. He’s a WR3 but he’s been a really consistent one for 3 years, has no health issues, and didn’t fall off playing more outside when Jefferson missed time last year.

2021: 50/655/7

2022: 60/650/5

2023: 1st 8 games (pre-Kirk injury) 30/360/2 (64/765/4 pace)

He’s not a name that’s gonna excite a lot of people but he’s a solid professional WR who’ll be 27 this year. I think he’s a guy with a really good chance to end up outplaying whatever contract he signs in the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

As much as I have always loved Saquon I wonder of Josh Jacobs might be our actual target...a little young...little cheaper but still with an outstanding all round skill set and a better injury history...him, Herbert & Roschon would be a special backfield.

As I looked around, I very much have zeroed in on Jacobs as the perfect fit for this Offense. Especially with a young (cheap) QB, who wouldn’t be they same type of runner that Fields is. 

Him as the big get on offense, another versatile iOL (Brown) and a complimentary WR (Boyd) to Moore and we suddenly have a very reliable Offense for a Rookie QB to slot into

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

As I looked around, I very much have zeroed in on Jacobs as the perfect fit for this Offense. Especially with a young (cheap) QB, who wouldn’t be they same type of runner that Fields is. 

Him as the big get on offense, another versatile iOL (Brown) and a complimentary WR (Boyd) to Moore and we suddenly have a very reliable Offense for a Rookie QB to slot into

The only trepidation I have about Jacob’s is that his volume of usage the past 2 seasons was really high (393 touches in 2022, 280 touches in 2023 in 13 games (363-touch pace)). He’s only 26, but is he an “old” 26? Absent durability concerns, skill set wise he’s a great fit. 

47 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The only trepidation I have about Jacob’s is that his volume of usage the past 2 seasons was really high (393 touches in 2022, 280 touches in 2023 in 13 games (363-touch pace)). He’s only 26, but is he an “old” 26? Absent durability concerns, skill set wise he’s a great fit. 

Which I get that, but I’d be doing the same thing. Feed him the ball. He has shown that he can handle it. Maybe not 350-400 touches. But aiming for 300 for sure. 

As RBs they aren’t likely to be getting any real money last year 3. And may not even after year 2. So I don’t feel all that worried if he gets hurt, especially with Roschon hopefully being the one to take over in a few years as the lead guy (or if not just keep drafting guys)

• Like 1