GDT: Texans (7-6) at Titans (5-8) - Future Gunslinger Rivalry?

twotonebluenation

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Have they, though?

2022 was the first year they even had a first since the Laremy Tunsil trade, and one of those picks seems like a good investment (Derek Stingley). Kenyon Green is either injured or ineffective and is probably not even starting next season, it would take a 180 to get to his 5th year option. Next draft is Stroud and Will Anderson, both very talented - but both rookies. You have some nice talent in later rounds (2022 includes Jalen Pitre, Christian Harris, Dameon Pierce and 2023 includes Tank Dell, Henry To'o To'o, Jarrett Patterson). All of these guys are playing incredibly well, but they're all Freshman/Sophomores. 

Outside of those two recent classes, the only real holdover is Nico Collins in 2021; Guys like Garrett Wallow, Davis Mills and Brevin Jordan are spot players at most. 2020 has Jon Greenard, but the rest of the roster is pretty much gone (Ross Blacklock, John Reid, etc). Part of this rebuild was centered on removing/surviving the decisions made by Bill O'Brien during his run as a GM - and that includes two years' worth of premium picks given up for Tunsil.  

Honestly, we're about 6-8 months removed from people saying the Texans gave the Cardinals a premium pick for Will Anderson - the belief was that Arizona would be able to double up with Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr. That's decidedly not happening, this Texans team wasn't supposed to be in the playoff hunt until next season at earliest (once Stroud got weapons was a popular statement).

The Texans hit on two of the most important spots - QB and HC. Add to that a disruptive DE (3rd spot, maybe?) a playmaking CB (4th spot, maybe?) and you can see how this turnaround is a rather unexpected development - and a recent development given the muck Nick Caserio inherited.

You know better than me. But yeah, I'm really talking bout the last two years. Opposed to the 2021 and before. 

Just outside looking in. The last two years, I think you all have been building. Last two drafts picking top 3 with a lot of draft picks in there. A lot of hits along with FA.

Looks like ya'll got 4 starters out of this past draft.
2022 I'd say maybe 5 starters/contributors. 

I mean ya'll did some great drafting at the top of the rounds and got good return the last two drafts. Signed  Schultz, Perryman, Ward, Hankins, Okoronkwo, Singeltary, Brown. 

I think ya'll have built something pretty good. While it may not be a list of HOF'ers. You all did a good job of finding guys and flipping it to be a very competitive roster. Defense is great on the backend. 

I'm with you and can agree ya'll are probably a year early than expected. But quietly, I saw the moves and was like "uh-oh" lol. 

But hitting on the QB instantly makes any grade top tier. 

But like I was getting at the AFC South is still flawed and a balanced team that doesn't make a buttload of mistakes, well coached can take this thing. 

Texans challenge going forward will be being able to keep the OC as long as possible and having a succession plan for when he does eventually leave and playing the tougher schedule with a better record next year.  Got some money still, so can still add. 
I like Stroud and Ryans. Hope ya'll take the division opposed to the Jags and Colts. 

• Like 1

https://x.com/paulkuharskynfl/status/1736814037214933372?s=61

Hopefully we go Willis for the rest of the time if Levis can’t go, we don’t need to see what Tannehill has at this point. Get all the info you can on Willis, which is probably nothing, and figure out that we need a different backup next year. 

I don’t want to send Tannehill out to free agency hurt either, lets not do him dirty like that.

• Like 1

Watched the All-22.

Just stop the designed throws to Derrick.

We had a play where we motioned Dhop(which had the defense moving) and threw a bubble screen to Burks he proceeded to stiff arm the **** out of someone and get a nice 6 yard gain. Would love to see that sprinkled in more to get guys the ball and make 2nd and third down easier.

On Wills int, he just didn’t see the DB slowly drifting back. He was on the run and maybe was rushing to throw when he didn’t need to. Obviously if he takes his time he maybe sees Burks and the DB drifting.

Not Dhops greatest performance. Couple drive killers from him. Between his drop and the backwards fumble in the red zone, that may have ended the game.

We started so many drives with runs that resulted in 2nd and 12+, not a recipe for success with a Rookie qb and a terrible line.

Wasn’t Wills best game, but given the play-calling and o line, he definitely didn’t play awful. 2-4 throws he would like back when he watches the film. There just wasn’t a lot there. We need to find a move the chains security blanket for him. But even then I see so much promise with him, starting to really use his legs as well to open things up, which I knew he had but was kind of holding back. Dude throws some beautiful balls.

Henry just cant be a feature anymore in this offense, which pains me to say. I dont know where he fits in the NFL these days. I hope he can find success, I just dont know how. The only way I am down with him staying is he is a red zone guy and a changeup/ depth back, and he comes with a mega team friendly deal. If he doesn’t come back we will need to find RB depth somewhere.

From what I see if we just get a solid line, Will continues to clean things up, I could see him starting to pick teams apart if we let him. You can see his brain working on the field, he processes things so fast and well. Combine that with work ethic and his arm talent. I really see upside.

• Like 1

Thanks for the address, I'll write the Titans and tell them all their fans can kiss my ******* ***, been listening to ya'lls bull**** for 22 years over the Oilers and now you get to eat it. I'd be mad too if my head coach trodded onto the field wearing a cowboy hat with ******* sneakers like a ******* goober smoocher, he looked like he was rustling up a herd of turkeys on the field Sunday ya'lls team is horse ****. That win was for you, 19-16 you won't ever get that first one back remember it, it's forever part of your team legacy, that time we got beat by Houston in our own house and eliminated from playoff contention wearing their ****, congrats

Edited by ShinobiMusashi

50 minutes ago, ShinobiMusashi said:

Thanks for the address, I'll write the Titans and tell them all their fans can kiss my ******* ***, been listening to ya'lls bull**** for 22 years over the Oilers and now you get to eat it. I'd be mad too if my head coach trodded onto the field wearing a cowboy hat with ******* sneakers like a ******* goober smoocher, he looked like he was rustling up a herd of turkeys on the field Sunday ya'lls team is horse ****. That win was for you, 19-16 you won't ever get that first one back remember it, it's forever part of your team legacy, that time we got beat by Houston in our own house and eliminated from playoff contention wearing their ****, congrats

Congratulations y’all won the SB consider it y’all greatest accomplishment in franchise history consider it an honor to beat the titans you know Houston 1st NFL team that put Houston football on the map. Let’s be real Houston don’t love the Texans yall forever be some reject wanna be oilers. The city Of Hou would rather have the oilers back than a Texans SB let’s be real here, they even tried to give y’all our colors but instead of powder blue they gave y’all navy ******* blue 😮‍💨🤣🤣🤣 we’re a piece of Hou history for Crying out loud. On behalf of all titans we wish you a merry Christmas buddy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShinobiMusashi said:

Beyond having already told you not to keep up with the trolling, this amount of profanity in a post isn't necessary either, and you can consider this a warning.

Football isn't this serious my friend. Enjoy the win as much as you like, feel good about the Texans beating the Titans wearing Oiler unis, etc, but this much hatred over it? Pretty senseless.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Henry just cant be a feature anymore in this offense, which pains me to say. I dont know where he fits in the NFL these days. I hope he can find success, I just dont know how. The only way I am down with him staying is he is a red zone guy and a changeup/ depth back, and he comes with a mega team friendly deal. If he doesn’t come back we will need to find RB depth somewhere.

The RB free agent class plus Henry’s play style and age leads me to believe the market for him won’t be as high as expected. I think there’s still value with him, especially with a better OL. But the days of him being the main bellcow, lead back should be over. If he’s brought back, the playing time/role between Spears and Henry should mirror that of CJ and Lendale in 2008.  Let him be our TD vulture and our “power” back, racking up his overall career numbers here for his HOF resume. However, Spears needs to be the main, starting RB.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ShinobiMusashi said:

This is…. This is just sad man. 😂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ShinobiMusashi said:

Buddy, none of us care about this as much as you do. You’ve got to calm down. This game meant nothing to us.

• Like 1