Week 15 Thread: 4-9 Commanders @ 6-7 Rams - 4 PM on CBS

MikeT14

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I hope Brissett starts next week so we can do, what they did to Taylor Heinicke, to Sam Howell. It would be the perfect ending to the nightmare tenure that Ron and his staff have had. The roster they built is atrocious. Their entire mantra the entire time, was to build character and do things the right way, for the train driver to constantly throw the players under the bus and never take accountability for his own shortcomings.

Anyone that had any notion this team isn't in for a full rebuild, hopefully you understand how bad this team truly is. From top to bottom, this team needs to be scrubbed.

Front office needs to be scrubbed out too.  

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If Rodger’s isn’t back, I don’t see a way that this team could lose.  Wilson can’t get out of a wet paper bag, and they have six games where they scored 10 points or fewer.  A couple other games have 12 or 13 point offensive outputs from them. 

I don’t want a win, but I can’t see another outcome.  

We have two losses to the Giants with Tyrod Taylor and Tommy Devito. They could start anyone back there and it will be their coming out party. They could trot Wilson out there and still throw for 250+ yards against us. Heck Nick Foles is a FA still, he could put up 300+. This is just a really bad defense, led by a bad coach.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Rivera is a loser, and he gets what he gets for not making the decision that every moderately informed HC is making. Go for two in that scenario. Every damn time. 

Especially in this world where the PAT isn’t automatic. 

It is not just Rivera. We have been a loser!!!!!!!! for some time now. We always choke. Just part of our DNA. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

In case anyone had any hopes, we were officially eliminated from the playoffs!

I was wondering if loss #10 would do it. Again, this would be the time when an owner(s) could endear themselves to the players and fan base and right a wrong. Ron is owed nothing. Us fans have suffered for more years than Ron has been coaching.

#DoTheRightThing #FireRonRivera

22 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Not a chance dude. I don't care what Brissett did against the Rams prevent defense. We can't beat anyone in the NFL right now.

Yup. It was two verts for Terry and the line blocked with Donald out. Brissett actually had time to throw those verts. Something Howell didn't have much of the game. 

But I will say that Howell still needs to improve. 

One of the things I LOVE about him is his aggressiveness and willingness to make plays. That throw to Terry that turned into an INT would've been a great play. I love that he was trying to make it (a la Mahomes). But at the same time, he was off-target and it was hard for Terry to get. He'll get better at either making that play or turning it down in favor of running it or throwing it away. But I do love the willingness to try to make something happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t understand why people are getting upset when we all wanted us to lose today. 

If we lose with Sam looking good we’re happy at least the future is bright but the past 3-4 games have been brutal and sacks are down

if we have a shot at drafting calan Williams or Drake Mayes we need to go ahead and pull the trigger 

• Like 1

Nicki Jhabvala 

Camaron Cheeseman, on if he’s worried the Commanders will make a change at LS: “I mean, I’ve been worried all year. I haven’t been performing the way I’ve been wanting to. Most places, I probably wouldn’t be around still.”

JP Finlay 

Rivera says Cheeseman “not good enough” and that long snapper will be evaluated

Edited by ARTMONK HOF