2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

Im so pumped for FA/the draft...after being dead in the water basically all season, and then overhauling the coaching staff in January...I'm ready to start transitioning into a new era

I don't necessarily have a list of specific players I'm eyeing, but I do agree with the sentiment of investing in more of that #3 WR and looking for a star in the draft versus investing in Ridley. I know I mentioned that I wouldn't be MAD about adding Ridley in another thread -- and I wouldn't be -- I just don't necessarily think that's the right move right now. Boyd would be a huge signing for me.

Curious to see how we approach OL. Wonder where guys like Radunz and NPF stand with this current regime. Either or both of those guys sufficiently taking on a starting role on the right side would do wonders for the position group, although I have a feeling they'll be on the outside looking in when Week 1 rolls around.

I think this team generally needs some vets sprinkled in on both O and D. I think adding in some adults at the CB and LB position would go a long way. On the topic of LB... I'd love to see AAS back, but I have a feeling he's gone. 

Would like us to properly invest in the interior DL, as well. As amazing as Simmons is on his best day, I am finding him to be more and more inconsistent in terms of sheer impact on a game to game basis. I know he's been banged up and maybe a new DC will unlock his talents even more, but I hope we don't skimp on investing there just because we have an already top end talent there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don't necessarily have a list of specific players I'm eyeing, but I do agree with the sentiment of investing in more of that #3 WR and looking for a star in the draft versus investing in Ridley. I know I mentioned that I wouldn't be MAD about adding Ridley in another thread -- and I wouldn't be -- I just don't necessarily think that's the right move right now. Boyd would be a huge signing for me.

Agreed. The money has to go somewhere, but as deep as the draft is, and with us already having Hopkins filling a true No. 1 role, I would rather fill out the depth there in FA and get our future No. 1/current No. 2 and another contributor in the draft. But also get the players you can get where you can get them.

Curious to see how we approach OL. Wonder where guys like Radunz and NPF stand with this current regime. Either or both of those guys sufficiently taking on a starting role on the right side would do wonders for the position group, although I have a feeling they'll be on the outside looking in when Week 1 rolls around.

Another red I would prefer the first pick to be Joe Alt or another Day 1 starting tackle. Radunz was decent at RT at the end of the season, and NPF had stretches of decent play there in 22. That or resigning Chris Hubbard gives us a good chance of already having a competent RT on the roster with better coaching. Spend a premium pick on a starting quality left tackle and the OL picture is already pretty good. That said, I think it’s overly optimistic to think any of the guys we currently have will do better than solving one OL position.

Would like us to properly invest in the interior DL, as well. As amazing as Simmons is on his best day, I am finding him to be more and more inconsistent in terms of sheer impact on a game to game basis. I know he's been banged up and maybe a new DC will unlock his talents even more, but I hope we don't skimp on investing there just because we have an already top end talent there.

There’s good talent on the cusp of Day 2 and 3 on the DL. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of our picks in that range go to a Mekhi Wingo or Maason Smith to pair with Simmons.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Im so pumped for FA/the draft...after being dead in the water basically all season, and then overhauling the coaching staff in January...I'm ready to start transitioning into a new era

I think this team generally needs some vets sprinkled in on both O and D. I think adding in some adults at the CB and LB position would go a long way. On the topic of LB... I'd love to see AAS back, but I have a feeling he's gone. 

Give me Ridley over Boyd any day of the week why settle for less if giving the option, Boyd is primarily a slot WR, Ridley can play slot an outside well. Therefore you can get creative using him & moving him around. 

That seems like terrible value for the Bengals.

I hope we shy away from adding players via trade.  We've got money, we have very little draft capital, and are rebuilding.  Trading for players (expensive trades, that is) is more for teams that are ready to compete.

Sign Tyler Boyd or DJ Chark, or Darnell Mooney.  If you have to go for an impact receiver, spend the money on Marquise Brown or Calvin Ridley.  But don't give up draft picks and spend a ton of money to get one receiver.