2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

26 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it’s not extreme, it’s literally just true. he graded out very negatively his rookie year and clearly didn’t play well after showing a little potential very early on. that itself is basically fine, lots of rookie OLs play poorly, but he’s been unable to stay on the field since then and in the short time he’s been on the field he’s been awful. i’m not saying it’d be impossible for him to turn it around, but i am saying it’d be silly to go into the season relying on him to play at a starting caliber level.

I'm not saying to rely on him being a starter.

My initial point was that as we stand now, having NPF and Radunz as the OTs on roster, without someone like Leno or Betcon isn't end of the world. Assuming a top pick incoming and maybe another pick, along with a vet later, we should be ok. 

And again being graded bad as a rookie isn't the end of the world or telling the complete story. Paris Johnson graded out about only 5 points better than NPF. 

Anthony Thomas also wasn't graded well. He allowed 10 sacks compared to NPF allowing 5 comparing their rookie years. 

Darnell Wright allowed 7. 

But I'm not being a NPF fan or supporter. Just not writing him off. 

While we would like to see Betcon added, he had a significantly worse season last year than anything NPF has put on the field. 

This is pretty much all I'm saying. There are worst options than NPF as RT. And I am confident he will be in the mix at RT, unless they double dip in the 1st and 2nd in the draft. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

While we would like to see Betcon added, he had a significantly worse season last year than anything NPF has put on the field. 

This is pretty much all I'm saying. There are worst options than NPF as RT. And I am confident he will be in the mix at RT, unless they double dip in the 1st and 2nd in the draft. 

Becton has fans simply because he was good at 1 point before the injuries & weight issues. NPF AINT flashed at all.

Yea they currently have no starting caliber OTs on the roster. Not trying to have that problem again. Brown would be the top guy for me anyway. He’s the right tackle the moment he signs. Waiting until after the draft, is how players like NPF are guaranteed to be your starters and your young promising QB dies again.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I have no idea how we’re going to fill out the defense.

DR. GIBBY BABY!!!

Should’ve been spending early on and came away with a iDL, S, and another LB. Now we’re sitting with just 1 outside starting caliber CB and a terrible LB signing in Murray as our only two defensive FA signings with slim pickings left.

Just now, 615finest said:

I’m really starting to think we still might be in on the Sneed trade.. it’s no other explanation why we’re just sitting back and not signing anybody lol

We snuck in late on the Ridley deal. Idk, I feel like we are waiting out the Sneed situation. I wouldn't be shocked by an out of left field trade for him or maybe someone else.

I’ve wondered the same. It’s odd it dried up after Ridley with cap space available unless they don’t have the cash flow for guaranteed money to go to escrow. Makes me think they are waiting on sneed or working something else. 

I’d take a flyer on Isiah Simmons but honestly Reese wasn’t bad when he was in there. Murray would be the thumper and Reese would be more of the coverage guy. As long as he added some weight I don’t think he’ll be much of a liability