2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

LB is a need I would presume gets ignored because the class is garbage. Go forward with Gibbens, who is horrifically unathletic, but has a decent handle on the mental game, and Murray, who is really athletic but sucks at playing LB. Draft someone in the fifth or sixth for depth if the value is there. Liaufu and Ford seem like good options to me.

I think ideally you go Alt at 7, trade down from 38 and see where the talent is snd go from there.

Really not panicking. I don't think you just bring guys in to bring them in. They are looking for guys they like and to fit. This roster is gonna take time to get right, especially with the way we have drafted in the first two rounds. They may have a different strategy than we like or think. They may like a guy in the draft and are looking to go after him.

Still early. People can get cut, traded, etc. Really not buggin. This team is a couple years away IMO of being fully built.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Really not panicking. I don't think you just bring guys in to bring them in. They are looking for guys they like and to fit. This roster is gonna take time to get right, especially with the way we have drafted in the first two rounds. They may have a different strategy than we like or think. They may like a guy in the draft and are looking to go after him.

Still early. People can get cut, traded, etc. Really not buggin. This team is a couple years away IMO of being fully built.

Only thing I push back on is the couple years away. 

They won't get a couple years. They gotta get it right Sooner than later. 

But yeah. Maybe personalities ain't right. Signing people just to sign them is the real problem. 

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

LB is a need I would presume gets ignored because the class is garbage. Go forward with Gibbens, who is horrifically unathletic, but has a decent handle on the mental game, and Murray, who is really athletic but sucks at playing LB. Draft someone in the fifth or sixth for depth if the value is there. Liaufu and Ford seem like good options to me.

I think ideally you go Alt at 7, trade down from 38 and see where the talent is snd go from there.

Sign me up for Alt or trade down get Mitchelle or mims is a win for me.

53 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Only thing I push back on is the couple years away. 

They won't get a couple years. They gotta get it right Sooner than later. 

But yeah. Maybe personalities ain't right. Signing people just to sign them is the real problem. 

I think we can contend in 2025 if we overachieve and make the playoffs this year. Get cats around the NFL really believing in Will to come play here.

Lotta unknowns though. We have to see what kind of coach and coaches Brian has with him.

Gotta keep Will upright this year to succeed. These first two draft picks and a sneaky late pick are going to be huge.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Never seen so much concern with who wears the green dot on defense. 

Convince me why it's a big deal...go!😁

The green dot is the LB, who’s basically the QB of the defense, he receives the plays, makes the calls the audibles, it starts with him

Just now, TitanRedd said:

The green dot is the LB, who’s basically the QB of the defense, he receives the plays, makes the calls the audibles, it starts with him

But to be honest it’s LB’s in the league that wear the green dot & they too suck

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Never seen so much concern with who wears the green dot on defense. 

Convince me why it's a big deal...go!😁

I mean, it’s the player responsible for being the voice of the DC on the field and making sure the other 10 guys know the call? They’re also typically on the field almost every snap. And right now the most likely candidates are Murray, who has been bad in the NFL, and Gibbens, who is an athletic liability that should have a very limited role and not be on the field 90% of the time.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, it’s the player responsible for being the voice of the DC on the field and making sure the other 10 guys know the call?

I love the LB spot. Played it myself. 

Not trying to sound like a jerk. 

Do people think it takes a lot to parrot the call in the helmet?

34 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I love the LB spot. Played it myself. 

Not trying to sound like a jerk. 

Do people think it takes a lot to parrot the call in the helmet?

I think, in an ideal world, you’d have a competent player calling the plays and making the checks. Which Jayon certainly was.

But it also guarantees significant playing time, and we don’t have a single LB on the roster that deserves that guarantee. I’d guess it’s Murray, but Ran also just said we were going to let him play instinctively and without thinking too much, which doesn’t necessarily describe the player that can communicate with the DC on the field.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I think, in an ideal world, you’d have a competent player calling the plays and making the checks. Which Jayon certainly was.

But it also guarantees significant playing time, and we don’t have a single LB on the roster that deserves that guarantee. I’d guess it’s Murray, but Ran also just said we were going to let him play instinctively and without thinking too much, which doesn’t necessarily describe the player that can communicate with the DC on the field.

He wore the green dot with the Chargers. I think Murray is smart enough to wear it. Not that it takes much in my opinion.