Week 16: San Francisco 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

They really went pass heavy early is what I meant. To start. They do in Philadelphia too. Still think given the opponent, he would have featured CMC earlier more. 

Agreed. Purdy just had a bad night. Happens. But I wanted them run heavy and they were far from it 

• Like 1

Honestly I'm glad we didn't score there. We didn't deserve to only lose by one score this game lol. 

The defensive game plan needed to be similar to the Eagles game but they ends kept losing the edge. 

Offensively, just bad with the TOs but this unit is still going to be very good so not worried much there. 

Props to the Ravens for kicking our a$$ from the 2nd Q on. 

• Like 1

Rough game but not to worried.  Would much rather get that out of the way before the playoffs, Purdy should not be throwing 4 ints in games going forward and 3 of those were on the fluky side.  

This means that hopefully we play to win against the Rams on the final week, would be nice if we gate keep them out of the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, that was a fun one. 

Glad we got that breathing room. 

I'd still be very disappointed if we didn't come out of the NFC, but clearly super bowl is going to be a tougher nut to crack 

Yep, but the Ravens aren't a lock to come out of the AFC. Played great today but those teams have seen Jackson more and have a better chance of slowing him down.

Just disappointed at not getting Aiyuk in more single coverage and targeting him. Just wasted the entire game and went to him in garbage time. You need to take your shots against this team. The penalties were brutal as well. 

The team benching Thomas for Verrett and then Luter also made little sense to me. Unnecessary panic move when Thomas was playing okay. 

The tipped INT when we were driving up 5-3 was the biggest killer. Went downhill from there on out. 

• Like 2

It was all good just a week ago...

Not a fun way to end Christmas Day but I kinda saw this one coming.

When Brock threw that int on the first drive I just knew it would be one of those nights offensively.

Rarely do you see him miss a defender to that magnitude.

Some of his ints were just bad luck but that stat line will be all the pundits live for these next four days.

Defensively I thought we had our moments but AGAIN, our DEs are not disciplined enough for 60 mins and it cost us in crucial moments. 

Honestly we probably needed a little reality check right before the playoffs.

We're nobody's juggernaut and we have to play a clean game against the best of the best if we expect to win.

The O-Line injuries are VERY concerning and are coming at the wrong time.

Seems unfathomable to lose 2 OTs & a OG in one half. 

Get healthy and bounce back against D.C.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay, so Ambry Yhomas had a hammy injury and that's why he didn't play in the 2nd half. 

Banks with a toe injury. 

Williams with a groin injury means he likely isn't playing until the playoffs. Beating the Rams without him is going to be awfully tough. 

Moore has a concussion and that could have him back next week, or out for multiple